soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Ah they did that alright. That was one of my reasons for asking about what constitutes 'final stages'. England have won a few games in group stages, and early knockout rounds in normal time.

ludermor

Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 07, 2008, 09:23:37 AM
Quote from: Minus15 on May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM
Not sure if anything like this has featured before but anyone have any good quiz questions on football? Try to answer them using the memory and not through the use of the internet as much as possible.
Here's one for starters.
Name three teams to have one the European Cup with the 11 starters all coming from the home country of the team they played for???

And also which is the only city in Europe to have three stadiums with over 50,000 capacity?

London has 3 stadiums too. Twickenham, wembley, Emirates
dublin will have 3, croker, the new lansdown and shamrock rovers new stadium

AZOffaly

They won 2-1 against hungary. They've hardly not won a game 2-1 since?

Wait. Flash of inspiration. I'll have to check this, but have they never won their opening game of the finals since then?

I'm away to check :D

AZOffaly

ludermor

Quote from: AFS on May 07, 2008, 12:01:58 AM
Quote from: ludermor on May 06, 2008, 11:22:55 PM
which English club has had the most players capped by ireland
which club has the most Irish caps ( collectively)

Think I read somewhere once that the answer to one/both of these is Manchester United followed by Everton in second place.

Could be wrong though

I dont know but id like to know, i always thought it was everton for both questions but i cant find the answer, im sure some of the legion of soccer fans here would know the answer though! I suppose another questions would be the most irish players to play for the club ( capped and not capped) im just interesed to know cause you often here lads saying such a club is more irish than the other etc

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 07, 2008, 09:38:19 AM
Ah they did that alright. That was one of my reasons for asking about what constitutes 'final stages'. England have won a few games in group stages, and early knockout rounds in normal time.

Yeah, couldn't have been that easy.
Could it be that they haven't scored a penalty in normal game time (ie not in a shoot-out) since?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Uladh

Is it that they've never won a penalty shoot out?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 07, 2008, 10:23:10 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 07, 2008, 09:38:19 AM

Yeah, couldn't have been that easy.
Could it be that they haven't scored a penalty in normal game time (ie not in a shoot-out) since?

lineker got 2 against cameroon one year (1990 i think )

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AZOffaly

They won a penalty shootout against Spain in 1996.

stiff breeze

is it that their fans have never gone through a championship or world finals without stabbing some1??

Minus15

England have never went through a whole world cup or european championships without getting a player sent off perhaps?
or without scoring from corners?

ludermor

and this coming from a liverpool supporter, your some craic stiffy

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on May 07, 2008, 07:51:12 AM
Was asked this in a Table Quiz recently - Tough Question and answer is unbelievable.

What have England never done in the final stages of the World Cup and European championships since they played Hungary in 1962??

They have never went in at Half time Losing

stiff breeze

Quote from: ludermor on May 07, 2008, 10:47:59 AM
and this coming from a liverpool supporter, your some craic stiffy

we dont stab people . We tend to use lumps of concrete, much more effective

AZOffaly