Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITS KAAAT

Good luck to Armagh Harps in the final.

orange2009

3 Videos are now available from the Harps 4 point victory over Granemore last night in the Athletic Grounds.

http://www.armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/Videos-as-Harps-reach-SFC-Final.aspx

bennydorano

Good feeling to be sitting in a County Final this morning. ;D

Undoubtedly Granemore will rue their missed chances but I thought we were more than worthy winners, part and parcel of the game is taking your chances and we certainly did that and could afford to miss a clear goal chance near the end.

Thought our victory was won at MF, Vernon and Nippy were a delight to watch.  Charlie hasn't been having a great run since his broken jaw, but he showed his class last night outfielding Toner on numerous ocassions.  Nippy also made an incredible Aussie Rules style catch during the second half.  We had a solid look about us all over the field and didn't display the nerves that could have proved costly in the Clans game, I'd say the extra game probably brought us on a fair bit.

Great credit to the management too, we were spot on tactically and I thought Granemore became very predicatable very early on.

wats that 4 ref

was at the match last night and thought it was a game of 2 halfs as they say. granemore should have been at least 3/4 up at half time allthough keeper pulled a great save off nippy swift who made a great run through for goal. 2nd half was nip n tuck with harps showing a bit more class going forward taking more of their scoring chances and playing like a team as the first half they just seemed as if they wanted to get on the score sheet themselves thus not giving the ball to the player in a better position to score. swift,holmes,vernan,morris were all very good with harps no7? man of the match in my mind,always on the ball and a great outlet coming out of defence ,always available for kickouts and never stoped going forward. granemore good side who work hard for each other and are very sound in defence but will fell they kicked themselves out of it, however on the night the best team overall won. you need to take your chances in championship and thats what harps(eventually) did. mcclelland and no 5? for granemore were good. what no was o connor

wats that 4 ref

maybe some of the harps boys can clears this up for me but on the armagh website i was watching the videos of last nights game and reaction and in most of the interviews they were all saying its 20 years since harps were in a co final but did they not beat maghery in the 1991 final  ???

bennydorano

1995 was our last final, beaten by Mullaghbawn.  Did beat Maghery in 1991 and St Pauls in 1989.

Any craic

Its a bit confusing alright but I thought the captain and Declan Coulter were saying the Harps were last in a Final in 91 (thats in the Irish News yesterday too). Martin Grimley was referring more to 89 because he retired after winning the final that year. Good crowd there, by the looks of it. And who was Harps 15, pretty good.

nutsy--1

I think Kevin Kelly was 15.
Harps minors won this afternoon out in maghery, result was never in doubt they play Clan na gael next saturday in abbey park.

ITS KAAAT

Harps minors play clan na gael next saturday @ abbey p.k

Harpo

Ogs 0-9 Clan Eireann 0-1

Clans now down to 14 men 0-10 to 0-1

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Harpo

Ogs 0-10 Clan Eireann 0-5

0-11 to 0-7 now

rootthemout

yellowcard

What was the final score in tonights game?