RTE crisis

Started by seafoid, June 27, 2023, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: pbat on July 08, 2023, 01:04:04 PM
Would the biggest show in the country's star made the front page of the Sun ????

Unfortunately, it's not him.

weareros

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 07, 2023, 05:08:25 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 07, 2023, 04:20:49 PM
A supposedly impartial news organisation like RTE should never allow its broadcasters or journalists to be in the pocket of commercial interests. It's fine to raise commercial revenue via sponsorships and advertising, but the news/broadcast staff themselves should be independent of the influence. It's very poor governance by RTE to allow this.

Who was the Stations biggest sponsor the last 3+ years?

Don't know as I don't think that's public but Renault would be up there as sponsors of the Late Late.

From the Bunker

Quote from: weareros on July 08, 2023, 03:48:09 PM
A supposedly impartial news organisation like RTE should never allow its broadcasters or journalists to be in the pocket of commercial interests. It's fine to raise commercial revenue via sponsorships and advertising, but the news/broadcast staff themselves should be independent of the influence. It's very poor governance by RTE to allow this.

Don't know as I don't think that's public but Renault would be up there as sponsors of the Late Late.

Not even close!

weareros

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 08, 2023, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: weareros on July 08, 2023, 03:48:09 PM

Not even close!

One of the big supermarkets, insurance companies, or will you share?

seafoid

Tubs and Kelly did well. I think their beef is with the former board and their byzantine ways.
Not with RTE.

Itchy

While you can say what you like about Tubridy, it seems to me he didnt do a lot wrong. He was promised X amount of money to do his job and it was RTE shitehawking with payments that is the scandal here. Theyve been badly caught out today. Its also an amazing coincidence that Coveney's brother resigned just before the whole board were let go. Its almost like he knew it was coming, but how? ::)

5times5times

Inability of the shinners to let the 2 men speak, speaks volumes. Childish behaviour, but what else would you expect

NAG1

Quote from: 5times5times on July 11, 2023, 03:00:54 PM
Inability of the shinners to let the 2 men speak, speaks volumes. Childish behaviour, but what else would you expect

Just can't hide it, all the angles in this story and you have to bring it back to SF  ::)

fearbrags

Ryan has been on TV for years, But is it First  time he was on Fr Ted ? Or is it only Fools and Horses ?

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on July 11, 2023, 02:46:42 PM
While you can say what you like about Tubridy, it seems to me he didnt do a lot wrong. He was promised X amount of money to do his job and it was RTE shitehawking with payments that is the scandal here. Theyve been badly caught out today. Its also an amazing coincidence that Coveney's brother resigned just before the whole board were let go. Its almost like he knew it was coming, but how? ::)
Today brought things on a lot.
The Renault money will be paid if the  shows are done. So no public money involved.

The previous CFO has a lot of responsibility.  But it's probably  not conspiracy, rather incompetence.

fearbrags

Two Victims  Ryan  &   Noel   Ffs give me a  breaker  , Two Lying arrogant tnucs if you ask me

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2023, 05:14:08 PM
The Renault money will be paid if the  shows are done. So no public money involved.

The previous CFO has a lot of responsibility.  But it's probably  not conspiracy, rather incompetence.

The Renault money will be paid PAID BACK if the  shows are NOT done. So no public money involved.

seafoid

The new DG, Kevin Bakhurst,  was interviewed on RTE. He said that a lot of fault attached to people in RTE but not all.
And he named Noel Kelly. Tubs might be in. It might suit RTE to end the link with Kelly anyway.

marty34

Quote from: fearbrags on July 11, 2023, 06:39:40 PM
Two Victims  Ryan  &   Noel   Ffs give me a  breaker  , Two Lying arrogant tnucs if you ask me

Correct, two bluffers.

Franko

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2023, 05:14:08 PM

This has to be sarcastic

Otherwise that's as bad a reading of basic facts as I've seen

Then to arrive at a conclusion that's totally wrong