Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

I see Ronaldo is getting off under the "bill Cosby" rule.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Taylor

Farrandeelin

Quote from: StPatsAbu on October 04, 2021, 09:06:10 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 04, 2021, 04:53:48 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
U really think that the results are that bad that the manager should be sacked

I really want him to do well, funny enough because I support Man Utd, but I think he's under more pressure now than we was at the start of the season and the Europa League final already had a fair amount of pressure on him. The recent performances haven't been great at all. You would hope there's a few gelling issues with Ronaldo etc coming in but his run of games after the break are horrible and he could be in trouble if it doesn't at least look better.

Unless the shit really hits the fan I don't think they'll sack him though.

United's easiest run of games on paper is behind them and they drew or lost against opposition they should be beating.   Chelsea City and Liverpool all taking points off one another has helped bad results look OK tablewise.  Halloween will tell us how they are progressing but you have to fear Ole is probably 3 defeats from the chop.

Late to this I know, but Ole's here unless top 4 is impossible. And he'll probably have the team up for one of the stronger three to buy him more time after an average few games beforehand.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stiffler

Another turgid performance from Utd today, only for de gea the score line would have been worse. Ole on his last legs.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gawa316

Quote from: stiffler on October 16, 2021, 04:56:48 PM
Another turgid performance from Utd today, only for de gea the score line would have been worse. Ole on his last legs.

4 points off top...he's doing a grand job

StPatsAbu

Ole now 2 defeats from the chop

Capt Pat

He got the job after a very lucky/flukey second leg win over PSG. That was a big mistake imho. Now they don't seem to have made any progress since then despite all the spending.

sid waddell

United clearly need a new manager. They need a proven winner, an outsider who will come in and disrupt the cosy cliques and shape the club in their own image for the long term. They need somebody who was won the Champions League as both a player and a manager.

They need Frank Lampard.

Cunny Funt

The manner of that defeat today makes it hard to believe that group of players went 29 away league games unbeaten.

Error ridden team performance filled with passengers. United lost their way completely at 1-0 and once Maguire decided to switch off. Leicester got a bit of luck for how the ball fell to Soyuncu on the 2nd goal and he was played onside by Maguire.

2-2 out of nothing from the returning Rashford only to concede a 3rd goal within 15 seconds. The lack defending on that set piece on that 4th goal summed up a shambles of a performance by United.

With Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal to play in the next six games the main question is how far off 4th will United be by November 30th, if double figures I'll be surprised if a change in management isn't made.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: sid waddell on October 16, 2021, 05:35:39 PM
United clearly need a new manager. They need a proven winner, an outsider who will come in and disrupt the cosy cliques and shape the club in their own image for the long term. They need somebody who was won the Champions League as both a player and a manager.

They need Frank Lampard.
Lampard hasn't won the champions league as manager. Try again.

GiveItToTheShooters

He's doing a great job the Norwegian PE teacher. Only 4 points off top. Extend his contract

Armamike

Quote from: stiffler on October 16, 2021, 04:56:48 PM

He'll only get the chop when it's mathematically impossible to get into the top 4.  Top 4 is all that really counts to the owners.  Expect him to be there a while longer yet.  Man U are going nowhere under him. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 08, 2021, 07:18:32 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on October 04, 2021, 09:06:10 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 04, 2021, 04:53:48 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2021, 04:01:41 PM
U really think that the results are that bad that the manager should be sacked

I really want him to do well, funny enough because I support Man Utd, but I think he's under more pressure now than we was at the start of the season and the Europa League final already had a fair amount of pressure on him. The recent performances haven't been great at all. You would hope there's a few gelling issues with Ronaldo etc coming in but his run of games after the break are horrible and he could be in trouble if it doesn't at least look better.

Unless the shit really hits the fan I don't think they'll sack him though.

United's easiest run of games on paper is behind them and they drew or lost against opposition they should be beating.   Chelsea City and Liverpool all taking points off one another has helped bad results look OK tablewise.  Halloween will tell us how they are progressing but you have to fear Ole is probably 3 defeats from the chop.

Late to this I know, but Ole's here unless top 4 is impossible. And he'll probably have the team up for one of the stronger three to buy him more time after an average few games beforehand.

They didn't bring in Ronaldo, Varane, Sancho to hope to get into Top 4. A title challenge is what would have been expected at the start of the season. Losing the Euopa League final was a bad blow, as he needed a trophy, then going out of this seasons league Cup to West Ham.

He's under big pressure but he's turned it around in the past when it looked like they were gone.

gallsman

Maguire was appalling today. At fault for 3 goals and should have given away another. Every single game free fouls players with really obvious shoves in the back and is starting to get pulled on it.

Tony Baloney

No point making any snap decisions. I think give him another couple of years to see how things go.