Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Boycey on October 03, 2021, 08:50:10 PM
I'm as likely to get the Utd gig as Rodgers FFS.....

The whole Ole out thing is a bit mad in my opinion. His limitations must be obvious to the club at this stage? Has anything spectacularly different happened in the 9/10 games this far this season? Not really, so why the current drama?
Probably because he's got probably the best squad in the world (on paper) and are struggling to beat shite teams.

Boycey

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 03, 2021, 09:26:42 PM

The whole Ole out thing is a bit mad in my opinion. His limitations must be obvious to the club at this stage? Has anything spectacularly different happened in the 9/10 games this far this season? Not really, so why the current drama?
Probably because he's got probably the best squad in the world (on paper) and are struggling to beat shite teams.

Has he?

Armagh18

Quote from: Boycey on October 03, 2021, 09:27:38 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 03, 2021, 09:26:42 PM

Has he?
De Gea (on form) one of the best in the world, same with Shaw, Maguire, Varane at the back and Lindelof and Bailly very solid back ups. Wan Bissaka ok limited very going forward but an exceptional defender. Poor enough cm's in fairness but the attacking talent is something else. Pogba and Bruno are top drawer players, Rashford and Greenwood 2 of the best youngsters around. Lingard was excellent for West Ham last year and a solid back up at United, Martial (ok when he is bad he is absolutely woeful) has shown he can be a superb striker when he wants. Ronaldo and Cavani well enough said.

Saffrongael

Nah some United fans want you to believe he is managing some rag tag bunch and is over achieving !!
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

gawa316

Think that might answer your question

magpie seanie

After 7 matchdays last season EPL (difference to this year in brackets):

1. Liverpool P7 Pts 16 (+1)
2. Leicester P7 Pts 15 (-7)
3. Spurs P7 Pts 14 (-2)
4. Everton P 7 Pts 13 (+1)
7. Chelsea P7 Pts 12 (+4)
10. Man City P6 Pts 11 (+3*)
15. Man United P6 Pts 7 (+7*)

* - one more game played this year.

People need to calm down. Brendan Rodgers....cmon for heavens sake. It could be better but there's every chance it will improve. Cavani needs to be on the pitch more. 

johnnycool

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 02, 2021, 04:32:24 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on October 02, 2021, 04:04:20 PM
Cunny Funt obsessed with his possession stats for years now, I think he reckons that's how games should be decided
Far from obsessed Everton made much better use of their mere 28% possession and better use of possession is generally how games are decided. Everton today earned their point with a low block tactic and scored how they probably expected to score (on the counter attack) though from a United point it was poorly defended.

Tight it wasn't Sheedy, may have been a goal or DeGea 2nd save of the match if Davies took on the shot instead of passing it to an offside Mina.

expected goals stats for the game have Utd @ 0.9 with Everton @ 1.1 so draw probably the fairest result.

Everton need Allan and Doucoure to stay fit. If they do then they'll hold their own against most of the top outfits.

Gray for 1.75M is a bargain of the Seamus Coleman variety.

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 04, 2021, 10:00:56 AM
After 7 matchdays last season EPL (difference to this year in brackets):

1. Liverpool P7 Pts 16 (+1)
2. Leicester P7 Pts 15 (-7)
3. Spurs P7 Pts 14 (-2)
4. Everton P 7 Pts 13 (+1)
7. Chelsea P7 Pts 12 (+4)
10. Man City P6 Pts 11 (+3*)
15. Man United P6 Pts 7 (+7*)

* - one more game played this year.

People need to calm down. Brendan Rodgers....cmon for heavens sake. It could be better but there's every chance it will improve. Cavani needs to be on the pitch more.

With Ronaldo there, this simply won't happen

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on October 03, 2021, 11:54:46 PM

Think ur missing my point

Armagh18

Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2021, 03:34:44 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 03, 2021, 11:54:46 PM

Think ur missing my point
Think the point is with the names bought in the summer we should be beating most teams easily..

Boycey

U really think that the results are that bad that the manager should be sacked

imtommygunn

Defense aside you have a better quality of player so should expect more I would have thought...

You now have Cavani, Ronaldo and the likes of Sancho all who have come in under his reign and yet still you play with two defensive midfielders and pogba more or less left wing. I personally like Ole but I just don't think he has what it takes to bring man united on. The players are there to get you some kind of half decent finish but a good manager could have you pushing a lot more to challenge for trophies. (Realistically I don't see how you challenge for the league or champions league as is)

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2021, 04:01:41 PM

I really want him to do well, funny enough because I support Man Utd, but I think he's under more pressure now than we was at the start of the season and the Europa League final already had a fair amount of pressure on him. The recent performances haven't been great at all. You would hope there's a few gelling issues with Ronaldo etc coming in but his run of games after the break are horrible and he could be in trouble if it doesn't at least look better.

Unless the shit really hits the fan I don't think they'll sack him though.

OgraAnDun

The run of games after the international break and the 6-1 loss to Spurs last year looked horrendous too and they went and beat PSG and Leipzig (5-1 in that game), drew with City and put together a pretty excellent run of results that had them 1st by January.

However the team (with the exception of CDM) is now far better and they still struggle against any defensive team, so I think a lot of fans are leaning towards Ole out. The flipside is it's usually individual mistakes and poor execution of the manager's tactics that is costing them - but they still look slow and out of ideas against the "low blocks" if they don't get an early goal and force them out.

StPatsAbu

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on October 04, 2021, 04:53:48 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 04, 2021, 04:01:41 PM

I really want him to do well, funny enough because I support Man Utd, but I think he's under more pressure now than we was at the start of the season and the Europa League final already had a fair amount of pressure on him. The recent performances haven't been great at all. You would hope there's a few gelling issues with Ronaldo etc coming in but his run of games after the break are horrible and he could be in trouble if it doesn't at least look better.

Unless the shit really hits the fan I don't think they'll sack him though.

United's easiest run of games on paper is behind them and they drew or lost against opposition they should be beating.   Chelsea City and Liverpool all taking points off one another has helped bad results look OK tablewise.  Halloween will tell us how they are progressing but you have to fear Ole is probably 3 defeats from the chop.