Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearbrags

Get  RĂºben Neves from Wolves  now and I think  Man U could contend for the championship ??

An Watcher

Not a Man U fan but not on here for the usual slagging etc.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how Ronaldo goes and the hype that goes with it.  He'll provide a real boast. 
My thoughts are with the manager.  Surely Ronaldo wasn't in his thoughts and as for plans with his other strikers this would definitely disrupt things.  I can't help but think a more experienced, successful manager such as a fergie, pep, klopp who have plans and are nit under as much pressure would not have taken Ronaldo on.  I am basing this on a few things
(i) the current strikers are going to be surely passed unless he clears some out quickly
(ii) it will disrupt any plans he has
(iii) Ronaldo getting no younger and will there a year or two

Any serious thoughts?

Mario

Quote from: An Watcher on August 28, 2021, 07:42:42 AM
Not a Man U fan but not on here for the usual slagging etc.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how Ronaldo goes and the hype that goes with it.  He'll provide a real boast. 
My thoughts are with the manager.  Surely Ronaldo wasn't in his thoughts and as for plans with his other strikers this would definitely disrupt things.  I can't help but think a more experienced, successful manager such as a fergie, pep, klopp who have plans and are nit under as much pressure would not have taken Ronaldo on.  I am basing this on a few things
(i) the current strikers are going to be surely passed unless he clears some out quickly
(ii) it will disrupt any plans he has
(iii) Ronaldo getting no younger and will there a year or two

Any serious thoughts?
United aren't strong in his position. Cavani did a great job last year but I don't think he can give you 50 games anymore. Greenwood is an exceptional talent but he's only 19. Martial is useless and needs to go. So I think utd needed another striker and ronaldo was available, will guarantee at least 25 goals a year, is rarely injured, and didn't come with a ridiculous transfer fee, though I'm sure his wages are sky high

OgraAnDun

I think United had no choice but to sign Ronaldo, if he had gone to City it would have been a huge symbol of United's decline and being surpassed by City.

quit yo jibbajabba

Slagging aside if Ronaldos gettin 25 a season surely this takes away then from Fernandes totals. Still think its a good move overall tho it will be interesting to watch all the egos at play

TMAC

Roll on the first penalty - with United that could be in Ronaldos first 20 minutes.  ;D

nrico2006

Dunno what United team people here watch, buy United have been crying out for a striker. I know it was set up for next summer to make a big buy, but even last week with the Kane saga, I was hoping United would go for him as thar would give us a great chance this season, given that Kane will get 20 league goals. Ronaldo coming is better again though as he should get more than that in a poor season. So in a nutshell its a no brainer. Brilliant move off the pitch and on it. Other teams will be intimidated by him, he will free up space and occupy defenders etc. He will score lots of goals too and should be more available than Cavani.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

With regards Ronaldo I'll wait for a few performances against the main defenders in the big games. He's 36 after all, while possibly the fittest 36 year old in the PL he'll struggle against the better defensive teams.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 28, 2021, 01:00:53 PM
Dunno what United team people here watch, buy United have been crying out for a striker. I know it was set up for next summer to make a big buy, but even last week with the Kane saga, I was hoping United would go for him as thar would give us a great chance this season, given that Kane will get 20 league goals. Ronaldo coming is better again though as he should get more than that in a poor season. So in a nutshell its a no brainer. Brilliant move off the pitch and on it. Other teams will be intimidated by him, he will free up space and occupy defenders etc. He will score lots of goals too and should be more available than Cavani.

I thought Kane would be a great addition, but then I seen his antics at the Euros. Falling over, diving, going down like he was shot, and I thought feck that. I don't want to be watching that shite every week

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2021, 01:15:39 PM
With regards Ronaldo I'll wait for a few performances against the main defenders in the big games. He's 36 after all, while possibly the fittest 36 year old in the PL he'll struggle against the better defensive teams.

He hasn't struggled up to now against any of the top teams in the world, never mind England.

As for Kane, have my doubts on his effectiveness long term. Seemed to peak pre his hundredth ankle injury in March 2018, not been the same since.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

5times5times

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2021, 01:26:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on August 28, 2021, 01:00:53 PM

I thought Kane would be a great addition, but then I seen his antics at the Euros. Falling over, diving, going down like he was shot, and I thought feck that. I don't want to be watching that shite every week

Ehhh, you do know Fernandes plays for United? If he played for any other club we'd be calling him biggest diver and yap in the PL

StPatsAbu

Ronaldo at 36 could still rip any defender in the PL a new one.

Milltown Row2

Any links to the game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maldini

Quote from: StPatsAbu on August 29, 2021, 03:15:14 PM
Ronaldo at 36 could still rip any defender in the PL a new one.

No he couldn't

thewobbler

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 28, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

He hasn't struggled up to now against any of the top teams in the world, never mind England.

As for Kane, have my doubts on his effectiveness long term. Seemed to peak pre his hundredth ankle injury in March 2018, not been the same since.

He just led the league in both goals and assists last season.

Whatever adjectives you wish to use about him, anything about being less effective is wrong.