Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on June 12, 2022, 12:08:20 PM
Heneghan failed a late fitness test.
He only started Diarmuid because of that.
Yesterday was the ideal game to start Hughes (pace) and McCormack (a defender) in place of 2 Dalys.

Did Enda pass the same test?

Blowitupref

Soft enough black card has swung this game in favour of Cork. From a level game Cork move into a 6 point lead.

Cork 2-18 Limerick 1-16. The Cork scored penalty prevented a nervy finish.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clarshack

Armagh if they avoid Dublin will be hard to beat. I think they would even cause Kerry loads of problems.

lenny

All the provincial losing finalists beaten in the qualifiers. I had a strong feeling that might happen and it's why I think the qualifiers need a tweak. The four first round qualifier winners should be drawn against each other to produce 2 quarter finalists. The 4 provincial final losers should be drawn against each other to also produce 2 quarter finalists. Those results over the weekend show the difference in coming into a game off the back of a win compared to a defeat.

Wildweasel74

For years losing finalists do not do well with a very quick turn around

lenny

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 12, 2022, 05:29:27 PM
For years losing finalists do not do well with a very quick turn around

That's why they should have been drawn against each other. It would've been fairer as they'd all have been coming off a defeat. The 4 round 1 qualifier winners could've been drawn against each other, they'd all have been coming off a win.

Wildweasel74

So who avoids who, Only Galway have played Mayo, Kerry v Cork previous

clarshack

Prediction:
Dublin v Cork
Galway v Clare
Kerry v Armagh
Derry v Mayo

full moon

Ideally Kerry and Dublin get Armagh or Mayo.

Kerry/Dublin Vs Cork or Clare would be no contest

Halfquarter

The last time all provincial runners up lost their qualifier game was 2010. All provincial champions got knocked out the following round......

Wildweasel74

Well can't see Dublin or Kerry get knocked out nxt round. Derry or Galway possible.

bennydorano

God, dunno who I'd 'want' in that draw, Kerry & Dublin best avoided, Derry would be a dogfight, Galway by process of elimination I suppose, but very much a 50/50 game.

joemamas

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 12, 2022, 05:40:48 PM
So who avoids who, Only Galway have played Mayo, Kerry v Cork previous

If that was one of the criteria, then how were Armagh able to be drawn against Donegal, just like Mayo played and lost to Galway, but according to Joanne Cantwell Mayo cannot meet Galway again.
it really feels like they are making it up as they go along, or maybe Joanne Cantwell was incorrect with her information.

Wildweasel74

Think final winners couldn't met a team they played before if possible, or maybe that only applied to teams they had met in a final.

Wildweasel74

Mayo and Cork were beat in provincial semi