AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayop

Quote from: Rossfan on August 31, 2021, 04:10:11 PM
Quote from: Jayop on August 31, 2021, 03:56:27 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 31, 2021, 12:52:33 PM
Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 11:46:52 PM
Am I dreaming or did one of the commentators or pundits in the mayo Dublin game not say something about O'Shea having only scored a couple of points in all his games against Dublin??
You're not dreaming, I'm afraid.
I checked Willie Joe's results archive and it appears that Aido only scored a single point aginst the Dubs in finals and semis. That was in the 2015 replay.

Hard to fathom for a player of his caliber having played in so many of those contests. I've seen that man in games I was at against Sligo, especially the Connacht final down in the Hyde a few years ago and he was unplayable.
Was that the year Sligo had a 19 year old gasún at FB?

Aye, not the wisest decision on reflection. 2015

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Keyser soze

I see the match has been postponed until Michelle O'Neill gets out of isolation.

Jayop

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 31, 2021, 04:49:22 PM
I see the match has been postponed until Michelle O'Neill gets out of isolation.

In fairness she should be out of isolation by late next week but you'd really want to give her another week at least to get back to full fitness for an All_Ireland final.

You can't just go around and pick up county Councillors for a big game like this, wouldn't be fair on them.

Jayop

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 31, 2021, 06:04:43 PM
Going slightly off-topic (as I'm looking to see how remaining clubs games in Tyrone can be scheduled for the 2021 season) but still somewhat on-topic, can anyone confirm that the All-Ireland final must be played to a finish on the 11th September i.e. normal time, then extra-time if there's a draw, and still a draw penalty kicks? Or is there a possibility of a replay if there is a draw after normal or extra-time?

This is all I can find on it from December last year.

"Penalties to decide an All-Ireland final are off the table for 2021 - unless a decider goes to a replay."

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/penalties-table-ireland-finals-next-23203467

GAA website says extra time is possible

Blowitupref

Joe McQuillan confirmed as the ref for this All-Ireland final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 01, 2021, 01:42:18 PM

Was hoping for Gough.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

hoynevalley

Quote from: joemamas on August 30, 2021, 05:30:55 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on August 30, 2021, 04:56:45 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on August 30, 2021, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 03:36:44 PM
What a final to look forward to now. I'm living on the Sligo Mayo border here and so many of my close mates being Mayo men as well as my boss and manager puts some spice on this for me. The final is being played on my birthday too!!

I think the bookies have this one right at the moment with Mayo being slight favourites but there's really very little in it. Mayo are 5/6 and Tyrone are 11/8 so not huge favourites. Probably about right

Two teak tough teams with no shortage of talent in defense and attack. I can't wait!

Has the ref been named yet? Can't see any other ref allowing as much to go in the next game. It'll be all on the day, Tyrone maybe slight underdogs, but a couple of goals and anything can happen. The game will be relentless, that's for sure. Up Mayo

Joe McQuillian favourite to referee.

Thanks hoynevalley, Kerry for Sam, Eire 90, Thegreatest, Macker 15, ck_Redhand, Cobra and all your other aliases, Get lost for the next two weeks Kerry were beaten. you are a complete tool.

Joe McQuillian is down to referee final. Apology accepted Joe

Mayo4Sam14

Strange to have an Ulster man ref it over someone like Gough? Not that it makes a difference, strange decision all the same though
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

yellowcard

Gough is over rated anyway. He is definitely one of the better ones but there is no real outstanding referee in the game at the minute. McQuillan would not be in the top 5 but always seems to manage to get a lot of big matches. The problem is that the rules are not applied consistently among different referees.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 01, 2021, 01:44:06 PM

Was hoping for Gough.

+1 way more assertive, McQuillan is not.
Advantage Tyrone, as he is an Ulster Referee, Tyrone will be very well aware of how far they can push the boundries, which TBH they are very good at.
Was at the game on Saturday and watched the entire game again last night , got confirmation of that.
Not a slight on Tyrone by any manner of means, as they were the better team on Saturday.

hoynevalley

Quote from: joemamas on September 01, 2021, 02:21:24 PM

Was hoping for Gough.

Advantage Tyrone, as he is an Ulster Referee, Tyrone will be very well aware of how far they can push the boundries, which TBH they are very good at.
Was at the game on Saturday and watched the entire game again last night , got confirmation of that.
Not a slight on Tyrone by any manner of means, as they were the better team on Saturday.

Dublin Joe has been very generous to Mayo againat the Dubs 2012  2013 and 2015. James Horan called him out after 2011. McQuillian had no choice but to send off Don Vaughan in 2017 final.  Listen ye are favourites and have the better team. No need to be whining about referee. Some Mayo supporters are never happy 🙄🙄🙄

joemamas

Quote from: hoynevalley on September 01, 2021, 02:36:58 PM

Was hoping for Gough.

Dublin Joe has been very generous to Mayo againat the Dubs 2012  2013 and 2015. James Horan called him out after 2011. McQuillian had no choice but to send off Don Vaughan in 2017 final.  Listen ye are favourites and have the better team. No need to be whining about referee. Some Mayo supporters are never happy 🙄🙄🙄

Just like you kerry guys and your alter egos;

Kerry for Sams
The Greatest
Eire 90
Macker 15
CK Redhand
Fear anFhiranne

your infantile wind ups' are getting very old.
The gig is up, can you please disappear from what was a very good genuine GAA Blog.
btw shit job by the MODS.

hoynevalley

Quote from: joemamas on September 01, 2021, 02:48:49 PM
Quote from: hoynevalley on September 01, 2021, 02:36:58 PM

Was hoping for Gough.

Dublin Joe has been very generous to Mayo againat the Dubs 2012  2013 and 2015. James Horan called him out after 2011. McQuillian had no choice but to send off Don Vaughan in 2017 final.  Listen ye are favourites and have the better team. No need to be whining about referee. Some Mayo supporters are never happy

Just like you kerry guys and your alter egos;

Kerry for Sams
The Greatest
Eire 90
Macker 15
CK Redhand
Fear anFhiranne

your infantile wind ups' are getting very old.
The gig is up, can you please disappear from what was a very good genuine GAA Blog.
btw shit job by the MODS.

Calm down please. No need to get personal.  You're in a final and complaining about a referee.  If you have issue with me please put on ignore or jog on. I'm from the Midlands . Dont know what on about Kerry.