GAA attendance 2021

Started by joemamas, June 09, 2021, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

However, for this year at least, the GAA could facilitate the counties involved by not distributing tickets to every Tom, Dick and Harry in other counties.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

hoynevalley

Quote from: Rossfan on August 17, 2021, 04:52:27 PM
Play it in England for Joe!
From 1 -16th August inclusive
25,836 cases in 26 Cos
21,343 in 6 Cos.
Around 600 in Hospitals and near 100 in ICUs.
I don't see any increase in AI Final crowd limits.

Joe who?

Blowitupref

Can anyone make sense of this.

Only 1,800 will be allowed to attend the All Ireland Minor football final scheduled for August 28th while 40,000 will attend the senior All-Ireland hurling final this Sunday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

joemamas

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 19, 2021, 02:51:26 PM

Only 1,800 will be allowed to attend the All Ireland Minor football final scheduled for August 28th while 40,000 will attend the senior All-Ireland hurling final this Sunday.

If Tyrone are in it surely it would be a double header at Croke Park with Tyrone V Kerry semi-final.
The sh*t will hit the fan after that if the HSE keep the all-ireland football attendance at 40K, with 90% of adults fully vaccinated, (it is 84% today,) meanwhile full crowds at soccer matches in England.

The GAA hierarchy or lack thereof also deserve some blame for not pushing this.
IMO completley over the top if as stated above, we will be at 90% fully vaccinated on September 11th and only allow 50% attendance, the majority of who will be wearing masks.

armaghniac

Quote from: joemamas on August 19, 2021, 03:00:38 PM

If Tyrone are in it surely it would be a double header at Croke Park with Tyrone V Kerry semi-final.
The sh*t will hit the fan after that if the HSE keep the all-ireland football attendance at 40K, with 90% of adults fully vaccinated, (it is 84% today,) meanwhile full crowds at soccer matches in England.

IMO completley over the top if as stated above, we will be at 90% fully vaccinated on September 11th and only allow 50% attendance, the majority of who will be wearing masks.

The GAA are doing OK, considering that music events are not being allowed, they don't want to press their luck. However, I think GAA HQ just want a quiet life, if the authorities said they could have more if they check vaccination status then they wouldn't bother, the suits will get All Ireland tickets anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Currently set for two stand alone fixtures.

The minor Semi finals this weekend.

Tyrone v Cork in Tullamore 1,800 capacity
Sligo v Meath in Breffni Park 2,000 allowed

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

joemamas

Quote from: armaghniac on August 19, 2021, 03:10:16 PM

The GAA are doing OK, considering that music events are not being allowed, they don't want to press their luck. However, I think GAA HQ just want a quiet life, if the authorities said they could have more if they check vaccination status then they wouldn't bother, the suits will get All Ireland tickets anyway.

Agree, but is it all not a bit daft, you can now eat inside, drink in an outdoor beer garden or inside a pub at a table (despite the best efforts of )
why not increase the capacity to 60k, stagger the entrance of supporters, I feel for one game they would be happy to comply.
It is three weeks away, but with only 40k or 50% attendance, there will be mayhem looking for tickets.
it could very well be another PR disaster for the GOVT, especially if a lot of them go to the game and truly year round supporters do not get tickets.

Rossfan

Don't know where Joe is getting the "vast majority wearing masks" at games in Croke Park.
I was almost the only one wearing a mask in the Section I was in. Any crowd scenes has about 5% wearing them.
I think the GAA are happy to get enough crowds to pay the bills for the year at the bigger games with no hassle or enforcement.
80k at 2 Finals at €90 each (mostly some terrace cheaper)
96k at Semis €50 (€35 terrace)
24k at u 20 Final most at €25.

About €12m there.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

hoynevalley

Quote from: armaghniac on August 17, 2021, 05:34:18 PM
However, for this year at least, the GAA could facilitate the counties involved by not distributing tickets to every Tom, Dick and Harry in other counties.

A very good point. Keep tickets to competing counties for final this year.

Milltown Row2

Is the bar open at the ground?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hoynevalley

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2021, 10:04:41 PM

From what i heard food only. No alcohol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 19, 2021, 10:06:19 PM

Covid is rife in the beers!!

I'll have to dash from Meaghers later than normal on Sunday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 19, 2021, 10:06:19 PM

That's what it was last Sunday. The way it should be!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

I can see a situation where a lot of people will either travel to Dublin in the hope of getting a ticket, travel just for the atmosphere or just congregate in pubs within the competing counties so will it actually be safer with a reduced capacity? I'm not so sure it actually will.

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2021, 01:36:43 PM
I can see a situation where a lot of people will either travel to Dublin in the hope of getting a ticket, travel just for the atmosphere or just congregate in pubs within the competing counties so will it actually be safer with a reduced capacity? I'm not so sure it actually will.
Don't think it'll make much difference, like you say, plenty will go to Dublin on the off chance they get a ticket and drink in the pubs for the craic and plenty more will go out to watch the game in pubs countrywide.