Eid al-Adha

Started by RedHand88, July 15, 2020, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

The festival of sacrifice.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/croke-park-eid-al-adha-18591847.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I don't know much about this festival, but alot of people are not impressed. Is it a big issue?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Where do the people who are not impressed hang out?
at "Make Ireland Catholic Again" ?

A very positive decision by the GAA to stage this event for Irish muslims.

five points

Does it involve the ritual slaughter of an animal, as some are suggesting? Assuming it doesn't, I am 100% happy to see it in Croke Park, as the Pope was a few years ago.

APM

Quote from: Main Street on July 15, 2020, 05:33:04 PM

Was wondering that myself!  Maybe the original poster has been hanging about in the same place? 

Rossfan

Quote from: five points on July 15, 2020, 05:35:06 PM
Does it involve the ritual slaughter of an animal, as some are suggesting? Assuming it doesn't, I am 100% happy to see it in Croke Park, as the Pope was a few years ago.
The "ritual slaughter" is done in an abattoir not in Croke Park.

RedHand88

Quote from: APM on July 15, 2020, 05:35:27 PM

Was wondering that myself!  Maybe the original poster has been hanging about in the same place?

Relax, I merely asked a question. Plenty of people had objections to the world meeting of families happening there in 2018, so wondered if there were objections to another religious festival.

Journal.ie say no slaughtering of animals at Croke Park
https://www.thejournal.ie/eid-al-adha-croke-park-factcheck-5150881-Jul2020/#:~:text=Although%20animal%20sacrifice%20is%20a,be%20served%20at%20the%20event.

Main Street

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 15, 2020, 06:15:03 PM

Relax, I merely asked a question. Plenty of people had objections to the world meeting of families happening there in 2018, so wondered if there were objections to another religious festival.

https://www.thejournal.ie/eid-al-adha-croke-park-factcheck-5150881-Jul2020/#:~:text=Although%20animal%20sacrifice%20is%20a,be%20served%20at%20the%20event.

Totally relaxed here,
why did you state "alot of people are not impressed" and not have any link to support that except a baselesss assumption?

On mention of slaughtering of animals at Croke Park, it's  hard for me  to get past the image of Tyrone GAA, perhaps hope  springs eternal.

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on July 15, 2020, 07:09:58 PM

Totally relaxed here,
why did you state "alot of people are not impressed" and not have any link to support that except a baselesss assumption?

On mention of slaughtering of animals at Croke Park, it's  hard for me  to get past the image of Tyrone GAA, perhaps hope  springs eternal.

Alot of poeple on social media were giving off, thats why I said alot of people are not impressed and wanted to know what the story actually was. Can show you links if you're really bothered. But then again, you're totally relaxed and chilled 8)

Rossfan

Presumably the Gemaroids and usual neo Nazi lot.
Seems some right wing Internet thingy said they'd be killing animals in Croker.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rossfan on July 15, 2020, 11:26:33 PM
Presumably the Gemaroids and usual neo Nazi lot.
Seems some right wing Internet thingy said they'd be killing animals in Croker.
A guy called Leo Sherlock is behind that site, he's a brother of the vile anti-choice propagandist Cora Sherlock. Another brother is mixed up with UKIP. They're from Louth.

Sherlock plagiarises news stories from reputable outlets and rewrites and distorts a lot of them with a far right slant. He has a load of pseudonyms he writes under to make it look like his site employs other people but in reality it's all him. He scams people by getting them to "like" the site's Facebook page in the hope of winning bogus competitions. If you do a bit of digging into his background he's a bizarre character, a Walter Mitty type.

The whole Sherlock family seems weird, they're not unlike the Burkes of Castlebar.

Gmac

Quote from: Main Street on July 15, 2020, 07:09:58 PM

Totally relaxed here,

maybe they thought there was a game of buzkashi going on .

armaghniac

Quote from: sid waddell on July 15, 2020, 11:50:00 PM
A guy called Leo Sherlock is behind that site, he's a brother of the vile anti-choice propagandist Cora Sherlock. Another brother is mixed up with UKIP. They're from Louth.

Sherlock plagiarises news stories from reputable outlets and rewrites and distorts a lot of them with a far right slant. He has a load of pseudonyms he writes under to make it look like his site employs other people but in reality it's all him. He scams people by getting them to "like" the site's Facebook page in the hope of winning bogus competitions. If you do a bit of digging into his background he's a bizarre character, a Walter Mitty type.

It says a lot about you that you characterise a person opposed to women killing their own children as "vile".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: armaghniac on July 16, 2020, 01:30:46 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 15, 2020, 11:50:00 PM

It says a lot about you that you characterise a person opposed to women killing their own children as "vile".
Sherlock is vile and then some.

To be of your belief, you have to believe that two thirds of the Irish voting public support murder.

Go on, say it. Sherlock did.

And came across as the nutcase you have to be to believe such utter tripe.

The arguments were had two years ago. Your lot lost the arguments. Your lot were routed. And you'll stay routed.

Jeepers Creepers

GAA have confirmed that no animals will be scarificed in Croke Park. Never though I'd read that headline but there you go.