China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: highorlow on November 09, 2021, 11:00:30 AM
My point all along is that locking up the healthy for the last 2 x summers was an incorrect policy and likely caused by groupthink.

This has now without doubt led to the general population been more vulnerable to every sort of virus going around, whereby there remains a high level of disease spreading in the community.

This in turn has led to the unintended consequence of more people getting ill during the Winter and therefore clogging up the whole health system.

If the opposing voices to this argument fail to see this then you are also part of the groupthink whereby you believe that the extreme lockdown was some sort of success.
Open borders + no vaccine = lockdown.
ICU capacity in both Ireland and the UK is lower than EU average and not capable of dealing with a virus such as Covid without restrictions either in the form of lockdown or vaccine.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trueblue1234

My point all along is that locking up the healthy for the last 2 x summers was an incorrect policy and likely caused by groupthink.

This has now without doubt led to the general population been more vulnerable to every sort of virus going around, whereby there remains a high level of disease spreading in the community.

This in turn has led to the unintended consequence of more people getting ill during the Winter and therefore clogging up the whole health system.

If the opposing voices to this argument fail to see this then you are also part of the groupthink whereby you believe that the extreme lockdown was some sort of success.

Again talk me through how increased levels of Covid was going to help the whole health service. I'm just struggling on this bit....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

armaghniac

People were not locked up over the last two summers. I went to Kerry and the West of Ireland on my holidays.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

so they want a hotline to report pubs  that maybe ignoring rules so what happens when they get bombarded with calls  because seats are not 2 meters apart or the bar tender wore mask on their chin and anyone with a grudge against a bar owner could use it also bar owners could be put  in bad situations.

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on November 09, 2021, 10:18:52 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 09, 2021, 07:39:56 AM
Lockdowns were used until the vaccine came along. Now the vast majority of deaths concern the unvaccinated.
[/b]

As per HSE, between 01/04/21 & 30/10/21

313/535 deaths received at least 1 vaccine dose. ie 58.5 %

47.3% fully vaccinated post 14 day spell died.

What you posted is incorrect as per HSE information.
Deaths were not statistically significant over the summer.
September to March is the period to watch. Vaccination gives protection against serious illness and death.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 09, 2021, 11:35:58 AM

Again talk me through how increased levels of Covid was going to help the whole health service. I'm just struggling on this bit....

I think we all await this explanation with interest.

Hound

Quote from: armaghniac on November 09, 2021, 11:44:10 AM

People were not locked up over the last two summers. I went to Kerry and the West of Ireland on my holidays.
higorlow on the same level as being "economic with the truth" as Bennycake.

highorlow

QuoteI think we all await this explanation with interest.

If you haven't copped on to the fact that this virus is going nowhere until such time as a vast majority of the population come in contact with it then your living in cloud cookoo land.

They knew way back that the vaccines are only another "tool" to fight it, not to get rid of it.

So you prefer that this virus has a chance to spread now during the winter months rather than during the summer time when peoples immune levels are stronger.

Sweden now has a third of our daily cases at present with twice our population. NPHET had too many ZERO Covid people in place, I believe a more balanced approach would've been more appropriate.

To the poster in Kerry on holidays, I hope you enjoyed your 9 euro meal and/or outdoor pints on your holiday. Pity you weren't able to go to a full house GAA match in Fitzgearld Stadium while you were down there.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Hound

Wow, is somebody really saying the Swedish way was better than the Irish way?
Just ignore the death rate!

There are not many Swedes who believe at this stage that their strategy was best. A death rate of 500%-600% more than their neighbours in Norway and Finland.

bennydorano

France advises against Moderna vaccine for under-30s over rare heart risk

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/1109/1258870-france-vaccine/

First chink in the the MRNA armour

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on November 09, 2021, 04:05:57 PM

Not really, they suggest that you get Pfizer instead. They are not suggesting not getting vacinated, Covid will give you at least that risk.

BennyCake

Quote from: lenny on November 09, 2021, 10:19:20 AM
One thing we're seeing in this pandemic is evolution in real time, ie survival of the fittest. At the moment there is an extremely low risk of vaccinated people getting ill or dying. Almost all Covid deaths are now among the unvaccinated. Many of those are anti vax idiots whose deaths could've easily been prevented. There are still ordinary, decent people dying unfortunately but the vast majority are science deniers and idiots.

Do you know that for a fact, or are you just believing what the  mainstream media  are feeding you?  There are many reasons people choose not to get vaccinated.

Hound

Quote from: armaghniac on November 09, 2021, 04:10:13 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 09, 2021, 04:05:57 PM

Not really, they suggest that you get Pfizer instead. They are not suggesting not getting vacinated, Covid will give you at least that risk.
Singapore advise no strenuous exercise within 7 days of an MRNA vaccine.

I've done some research on this for personal reasons. The vaccine is at its strongest for the first few days as it works around your body, so combining that with your heart working really hard can have an impact for a small number of people. Ideally (in my opinion) all countries should issue the same advice for the first 5-7 days, but the anti-vaxxers jump on it as "evidence" that the vaccines are dangerous, when it's a very small amount of people impacted, and if they got Covid they'd be far more likely to have the side effect. 

imtommygunn

Quote from: BennyCake on November 09, 2021, 04:26:46 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 09, 2021, 10:19:20 AM
One thing we're seeing in this pandemic is evolution in real time, ie survival of the fittest. At the moment there is an extremely low risk of vaccinated people getting ill or dying. Almost all Covid deaths are now among the unvaccinated. Many of those are anti vax idiots whose deaths could've easily been prevented. There are still ordinary, decent people dying unfortunately but the vast majority are science deniers and idiots.

Do you know that for a fact, or are you just believing what the  mainstream media  are feeding you?  There are many reasons people choose not to get vaccinated.

Genuine question... where do you get your news from?