China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 29, 2021, 02:38:36 PM
Professor of Immunology at Maynooth University, Paul Moynagh, said the pandemic could be changing course in vaccinated nations.

"I think we're getting very close, the number of countries like ourselves, like the UK and most countries in Europe, I think we're getting very close to the end of the pandemic phase,"

"We'll probably move more into an endemic phase where the virus will be circulating in the background but thankfully, most of us will be protected by either vaccination or natural immunity through infection so that will prevent us from getting very ill, very sick."
That would be amazing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Orior on July 28, 2021, 08:53:59 PM
Where is the most trusted site for covid death stats by country?

Worldometers.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Scarlet

I see a lot of the pubs and restaurants that have lovely big outdoor areas who said they would not support a 'two-tier society' are now open indoors and asking for the documents seeing as it's pissing rain...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

Perhaps the rain will drive the vaccination programme. Ill wind and all that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 30, 2021, 10:42:55 AM
I see a lot of the pubs and restaurants that have lovely big outdoor areas who said they would not support a 'two-tier society' are now open indoors and asking for the documents seeing as it's pissing rain...
Money talks. Can see most places not being too strict on asking for certs

JoG2

Two-tier society... Christ but the vocal right wing Covid deniers are doing their level best to divide as much as they can.

trailer

I know that quote attributed to Macron's is fake, but the sentiment is right. Me and my family have done everything, stayed at home, cut our interactions, wore masks, and me and my wife are now vaccinated. I have done my bit, and it's fine it some people don't want to get vaccinated but they can f**king stay at home now. They can eat outside in pissing rain. It's a disgrace that they aren't willing to do the right thing for society. And the absolute irony of them talking about fascism and human rights. If the Nazi's turned up today, based on how they see it as "I'm alright Jack" they wouldn't even speak out against them!

bennydorano

AstraZeneca vaccine blood clot risk is no higher than the Pfizer Covid jab, study says http://a.msn.com/05/en-gb/AAMIfVe?ocid=se

The AstraZeneca vaccine is no more dangerous than the Pfizer alternative and patients are more likely to get blood clots from Covid-19 than the jab, a new study has found.

In an article published in The Lancet this week, scientists said the Oxford-made vaccine had a "similar safety profile" to the Pfizer/BioNTech jab.

The study of more than a million people in Catalonia, Spain, found that incidents of rare blood clots – or thrombosis – happened at a "similar" rate with both vaccines.

And the likelihood of suffering with blood clots was far higher among people who tested positive with Covid-19 than those who had either vaccine.

The study was funded by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) which had warned back in April of a "possible link" between the AstraZeneca shot and clots.

Following the warning, use of the vaccine was restricted around the world.

The findings provided a moment of vindication for the British Government which has been forced repeatedly to defend the UK-made jab.

Politico reported anger among government officials that the EMA's warning had led to high levels of vaccine hesitancy in developing countries where the jab is desperately needed.

It came as the UK Government celebrated news that one billion doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have been released to more than 170 countries around the world.

A spokesman for the Prime Minister said it was a "fantastic achievement and we know that the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine will and has saved countless lives around the world".

"And by making it available at cost, we have ensured it can be distributed to as many countries as possible to save as many lives as possible."

And, as the UK began shipping spare doses to developing nations, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said sharing excess jabs could leave the world "adequately vaccinated" by mid-2022.

Five million doses are to be distributed via the World Health Organisation's Covax scheme and another four million bilaterally.

"We are safer when the rest of the world is safer," Mr Raab told Sky News during a visit to an AstraZeneca manufacturing site on Thursday.

He added: "The reason we want to do that is we want to get the world adequately vaccinated by the middle of next year rather than, on current trajectory, the end of 2024."

armaghniac

The clots are not a substantial problem since they now know what to look out for. But the herd immunity thing illustrates that if you not have a vaccine then are likely to get Covid, if out and about at all, so you would be exposed to the higher risk from the real Covid

RadioGAAGAA

'two-tier society'

There should be a two tier society right now.

1. The dumb fukks that are ostracised.
2. The rest of us.

i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on July 30, 2021, 06:37:46 PM
The clots are not a substantial problem since they now know what to look out for. But the herd immunity thing illustrates that if you not have a vaccine then are likely to get Covid, if out and about at all, so you would be exposed to the higher risk from the real Covid

An anti vaccine person that I know caught Covid recently, he's been in bed for the last 3 weeks, can't wait to see him and see if he's changed his mind
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Having the vaccine reduces your chances of getting Covid.You might as well say that a seatbelt or motorbike helmet does not guarantee survival in an accident. The are no guarantees, but you do the logical thing.

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update.it's not sharply rising like we've seen before when cases are this high and hospitalisations aren't drastically rising either.

9,260 cases (655 more than last Sunday but a much smaller increase compared to 2 Sundays ago when it was a increase of over 3,000 cases)

26 in ICU (increase of 4 on last Sunday)
163 in hospital (40 more than a week ago)

trailer

It's pretty clear that we're moving towards personal responsibility. Governments can't keep economies afloat indefinitely. The vaccine is available. If you refuse to take it that's fine, but you will run the risk of getting sick and dying.