Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 20, 2021, 07:53:02 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on July 20, 2021, 07:39:31 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2021, 06:33:08 AM
Quote from: Mario on July 19, 2021, 10:17:00 AM
Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:00:12 AM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

I would accept that, but is the English approach not too much to soon.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?
Exactly, when is it not too soon? What are the criteria?

Infections need to be falling.
You need effective  test and trace
amd the borders have to be shut.

None of this applies.

Infections were falling but as you start to open things back up they are going to increase which everyone knew. The case numbers aren't what we should be basing anything on, our most vulnerable are vaccinated and the hospitals aren't being over run with it. We can't keep lock downs on a what if basis. I know I'm repeating myself but the key to it now is getting under 30s on board with the vaccine, once that happens then we are in a great place.

Shutting the borders? It's far too late for that, shutting the borders now will change nothing, the time for that was 18 months ago. Now we need to learn to live with it and get vaccinated and be sensible when out and about

I completely agree. For some reason people like johnnycool & seafoid think covid will be eradicated but this is impossible. COVID will always be here and all we can do now is roll out vaccines, study the new variants and act accordingly. Talk of another lockdown i ludicrous, covid is here to stay now all we can do is deal with it.
Wrong, Angelo
The Spanish flu was defeated. Covid will.too.

Please educate me on how it was defeated. I'd be thrilled to know

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2021, 04:03:03 PM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?

None of this applies.

Infections were falling but as you start to open things back up they are going to increase which everyone knew. The case numbers aren't what we should be basing anything on, our most vulnerable are vaccinated and the hospitals aren't being over run with it. We can't keep lock downs on a what if basis. I know I'm repeating myself but the key to it now is getting under 30s on board with the vaccine, once that happens then we are in a great place.

Shutting the borders? It's far too late for that, shutting the borders now will change nothing, the time for that was 18 months ago. Now we need to learn to live with it and get vaccinated and be sensible when out and about

I completely agree. For some reason people like johnnycool & seafoid think covid will be eradicated but this is impossible. COVID will always be here and all we can do now is roll out vaccines, study the new variants and act accordingly. Talk of another lockdown i ludicrous, covid is here to stay now all we can do is deal with it.
Wrong, Angelo

Saying the spanish flu was defeated is like getting jumped by 4 men but after they have cleared off you brag about the 1 punch you got in

thebigfella

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 20, 2021, 06:18:19 AM
The way covid has been handled is crazy in my opinion. Its an over-glorified flu. it is mental, now that we have learned so much about it all we can do is roll out vaccines to help prevent and if that still doesnt satisfy ye then sit in the fckin house and dont leave it

Well said Sammy. Now put a few jocks on please.

Milltown Row2

Back to the flu again  ;D

2017/18 what a winter that was, unlike flu this isn't seasonal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2021, 04:03:03 PM

None of this applies.

Wrong, Angelo
I'd be very disappointed if that was Angelo, no panache or flair

lfdown2

Can anyone tell me what way this Covid passport works for indoor dining? heading away for a few nights next week and wanting to get it sorted, both have had the 2 jabs.

bennydorano

French President Macron: "I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you are staying at home, not us."

JoG2

Mario

It's a fake quote he doesn't have an adolescent daughter.

armaghniac

Quote from: Mario on July 21, 2021, 02:04:14 PM

Or not with his wife, you mean?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: Mario on July 21, 2021, 02:04:14 PM

God bless the Internet

joemamas

Quote from: joemamas on July 17, 2021, 06:15:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 06:20:06 PM
Old news Benny, we know the governments fucked up at the start, so how you fixing it now? Don't vote them in when you vote next day

Bingo.

Just look at the pathetic quote from Dr L on Wednesday last.

"We are targeting Monday 26th, really because it has to go through the Seanad, and we need to allow the president time to consider the bill and what's in it, and we need to get some regulations in place and things like that in place"

Btw they need 11 days to do that. Unbelievable.

Breaking news,
The President signed off on this today, 7 days later. but yet cannot open until Monday.
so only another weekend of no indoor dining, now down to five left in the summer.
Why oh why could they not open Tomorrow Thursday or Friday.
Leo if you read these maybe explain to us all.

Cavan19

Quote from: joemamas on July 21, 2021, 02:59:49 PM
Quote from: joemamas on July 17, 2021, 06:15:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 06:20:06 PM
Old news Benny, we know the governments fucked up at the start, so how you fixing it now? Don't vote them in when you vote next day

Bingo.

Just look at the pathetic quote from Dr L on Wednesday last.

"We are targeting Monday 26th, really because it has to go through the Seanad, and we need to allow the president time to consider the bill and what's in it, and we need to get some regulations in place and things like that in place"

Btw they need 11 days to do that. Unbelievable.

Breaking news,
The President signed off on this today, 7 days later. but yet cannot open until Monday.
so only another weekend of no indoor dining, now down to five left in the summer.

Try him on twitter but you wont get a response anyway.

Rossfan

Not much point opening if you have no stuff in to sell.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: joemamas on July 21, 2021, 02:59:49 PM
Breaking news,

Mind you, if there was ever a weekend in which outdoor dining was possible or even desirable, then this is it.
I suspect they need a delay to get the vaccination checking app or something like that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B