China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Out of the hands of plebs like us though SF. In the hands of important people like BoJo.

themac_23

I actually think they've made the right call, things have to open up at some stage and I can see the logic in doing it when the weather is good and people will be spending more time outside naturally. I really think they need to bring in the no vaccine no entry to places. Too many people I've spoken to who haven't had the vaccine just don't seem arsed and a good few have said they aren't against it and if they had to have it to go on holiday etc they would get it. That's the selfish attitude really annoys me, these people aren't against it just choosing not to get it as they think it's not impacting them. Wtf is the point in the rest of us getting ours for them to hold us back from moving forward. Make the things they enjoy need a vaccine passport and you'll fairly see the doses go up, I'd say that's why BoJo mentioned it being a requirement for nightclubs in sept, around 8-10 weeks away, you'll see the young people vaccine numbers spike the next week or 2 I'd say.

armaghniac

Quote from: themac_23 on July 19, 2021, 08:57:55 PM
I actually think they've made the right call, things have to open up at some stage and I can see the logic in doing it when the weather is good and people will be spending more time outside naturally. I really think they need to bring in the no vaccine no entry to places. Too many people I've spoken to who haven't had the vaccine just don't seem arsed and a good few have said they aren't against it and if they had to have it to go on holiday etc they would get it. That's the selfish attitude really annoys me, these people aren't against it just choosing not to get it as they think it's not impacting them. Wtf is the point in the rest of us getting ours for them to hold us back from moving forward. Make the things they enjoy need a vaccine passport and you'll fairly see the doses go up, I'd say that's why BoJo mentioned it being a requirement for nightclubs in sept, around 8-10 weeks away, you'll see the young people vaccine numbers spike the next week or 2 I'd say.

In the 26 counties they have the vaccine requirement from the beginning and this will encourage the laggards. The only problem is pubs taking the piss and there will be the usual total lack of enforcement. I presume private clubs like GAA clubs would need people to have vaccines also if food or alcohol is served? The GAA would need to make clear that clubs should not cheat on this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

Has anyone travelled from an amber country through Dublin back to the North? Just wondering how the tracking of the self isolation works.

seafoid

They opened up so everyone could have a nice Christmas and January had world record infection levels. Borders should be closed until Covid is faoi smacht.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

themac_23

Quote from: seafoid on July 19, 2021, 09:20:34 PM
They opened up so everyone could have a nice Christmas and January had world record infection levels. Borders should be closed until Covid is faoi smacht.

Define under control?

themac_23

Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2021, 09:15:36 PM

In the 26 counties they have the vaccine requirement from the beginning and this will encourage the laggards. The only problem is pubs taking the piss and there will be the usual total lack of enforcement. I presume private clubs like GAA clubs would need people to have vaccines also if food or alcohol is served? The GAA would need to make clear that clubs should not cheat on this.

Seen that in the south actually and tbh at the start I was against it but now seeing the attitude of people it really needs to be done, even if it's just to jan or something, more under 30s need to take the vaccine and as bad as it sounds making places no vaccine no entry is the only way some will do it, we can't go backwards we need to go forward

armaghniac

Quote from: themac_23 on July 19, 2021, 09:29:52 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2021, 09:15:36 PM

Apart from pubs  and clubs, I expect they will keep this for flights and require a vaccine for attendance at third level, so hopefully they'll catch most of the youth.

Seen that in the south actually and tbh at the start I was against it but now seeing the attitude of people it really needs to be done, even if it's just to jan or something, more under 30s need to take the vaccine and as bad as it sounds making places no vaccine no entry is the only way some will do it, we can't go backwards we need to go forward
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AnGaelGearmanach

The way covid has been handled is crazy in my opinion. Its an over-glorified flu. it is mental, now that we have learned so much about it all we can do is roll out vaccines to help prevent and if that still doesnt satisfy ye then sit in the fckin house and dont leave it

seafoid

Quote from: Mario on July 19, 2021, 10:17:00 AM
Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:00:12 AM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

I would accept that, but is the English approach not too much to soon.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?
Exactly, when is it not too soon? What are the criteria?

Infections need to be falling.
You need effective  test and trace
amd the borders have to be shut.

None of this applies.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rois on July 19, 2021, 09:18:23 PM
Has anyone travelled from an amber country through Dublin back to the North? Just wondering how the tracking of the self isolation works.
No but they've no way to track ye afaik.

themac_23

Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2021, 06:33:08 AM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?

None of this applies.

Infections were falling but as you start to open things back up they are going to increase which everyone knew. The case numbers aren't what we should be basing anything on, our most vulnerable are vaccinated and the hospitals aren't being over run with it. We can't keep lock downs on a what if basis. I know I'm repeating myself but the key to it now is getting under 30s on board with the vaccine, once that happens then we are in a great place.

Shutting the borders? It's far too late for that, shutting the borders now will change nothing, the time for that was 18 months ago. Now we need to learn to live with it and get vaccinated and be sensible when out and about

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: themac_23 on July 20, 2021, 07:39:31 AM

None of this applies.

Infections were falling but as you start to open things back up they are going to increase which everyone knew. The case numbers aren't what we should be basing anything on, our most vulnerable are vaccinated and the hospitals aren't being over run with it. We can't keep lock downs on a what if basis. I know I'm repeating myself but the key to it now is getting under 30s on board with the vaccine, once that happens then we are in a great place.

Shutting the borders? It's far too late for that, shutting the borders now will change nothing, the time for that was 18 months ago. Now we need to learn to live with it and get vaccinated and be sensible when out and about

I completely agree. For some reason people like johnnycool & seafoid think covid will be eradicated but this is impossible. COVID will always be here and all we can do now is roll out vaccines, study the new variants and act accordingly. Talk of another lockdown i ludicrous, covid is here to stay now all we can do is deal with it.

Evil Genius

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 20, 2021, 06:18:19 AM
Its an over-glorified flu.
Really?

Just read this account by an extremely fit 55 y.o. with no other underlying health issues, about what it did to him:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57887668

Or any of the other thousands of accounts which attest to similar.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

seafoid

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 20, 2021, 07:53:02 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on July 20, 2021, 07:39:31 AM

None of this applies.

I completely agree. For some reason people like johnnycool & seafoid think covid will be eradicated but this is impossible. COVID will always be here and all we can do now is roll out vaccines, study the new variants and act accordingly. Talk of another lockdown i ludicrous, covid is here to stay now all we can do is deal with it.
Wrong, Angelo
The Spanish flu was defeated. Covid will.too.