Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 895042 times)

JoG2

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #15840 on: July 19, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

I would accept that, but is the English approach not too much to soon.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?
Agreed. Be safer dead than another year and a half like that one. 99.9% of vulnerable people have the jab and anyone in a nightclub is doing so at their own free will and accepting the minimal risk. If youíre that worried about a virus stay at home.

It's amazing that after so so many posts on the topic, you still don't get it. That's truly astonishing

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #15841 on: July 19, 2021, 06:19:09 PM »
There's no cure for ignorant stupidity :-\
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: July 19, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?
Agreed. Be safer dead than another year and a half like that one. 99.9% of vulnerable people have the jab and anyone in a nightclub is doing so at their own free will and accepting the minimal risk. If youíre that worried about a virus stay at home.

It's amazing that after so so many posts on the topic, you still don't get it. That's truly astonishing
You enjoy your life and Iíll enjoy mine. Good lad

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: July 19, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »

Selfless. A real community man.

NotedObserver

• View Profile
« Reply #15844 on: July 19, 2021, 06:39:03 PM »

Seems to be more and more issues with people double jabbed ending up fairly sick.

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: July 19, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2021 3964. 35 m fully vaccinated
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2020 1254   0 vaccinated
Doesnít make sense
Why doesnít it?
are vaccines wearing off or failing?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15846 on: July 19, 2021, 06:54:34 PM »

Seems to be more and more issues with people double jabbed ending up fairly sick.

Friend doubled jabbed and caught Covid last weekÖ nothing wrong with him other than a cough.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: July 19, 2021, 07:11:15 PM »
The problem also is if lockdown has to end here because no more furlough then the south also stuffed because people will continue to come up here with the more lenient restrictions.

MR I read something about stats on the people getting admitted to hospital have quite a few having had second jabs. I am not sure if the stats are accurate on that or not as who the hell knows these days.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: July 19, 2021, 07:43:00 PM »
Covid is out of control. Money can be printed.
Lookit

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: July 19, 2021, 07:47:14 PM »
Out of the hands of plebs like us though SF. In the hands of important people like BoJo.

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #15850 on: July 19, 2021, 08:57:55 PM »
I actually think theyíve made the right call, things have to open up at some stage and I can see the logic in doing it when the weather is good and people will be spending more time outside naturally. I really think they need to bring in the no vaccine no entry to places. Too many people Iíve spoken to who havenít had the vaccine just donít seem arsed and a good few have said they arenít against it and if they had to have it to go on holiday etc they would get it. Thatís the selfish attitude really annoys me, these people arenít against it just choosing not to get it as they think itís not impacting them. Wtf is the point in the rest of us getting ours for them to hold us back from moving forward. Make the things they enjoy need a vaccine passport and youíll fairly see the doses go up, Iíd say thatís why BoJo mentioned it being a requirement for nightclubs in sept, around 8-10 weeks away, youíll see the young people vaccine numbers spike the next week or 2 Iíd say.

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: July 19, 2021, 09:15:36 PM »
I actually think theyíve made the right call, things have to open up at some stage and I can see the logic in doing it when the weather is good and people will be spending more time outside naturally. I really think they need to bring in the no vaccine no entry to places. Too many people Iíve spoken to who havenít had the vaccine just donít seem arsed and a good few have said they arenít against it and if they had to have it to go on holiday etc they would get it. Thatís the selfish attitude really annoys me, these people arenít against it just choosing not to get it as they think itís not impacting them. Wtf is the point in the rest of us getting ours for them to hold us back from moving forward. Make the things they enjoy need a vaccine passport and youíll fairly see the doses go up, Iíd say thatís why BoJo mentioned it being a requirement for nightclubs in sept, around 8-10 weeks away, youíll see the young people vaccine numbers spike the next week or 2 Iíd say.

In the 26 counties they have the vaccine requirement from the beginning and this will encourage the laggards. The only problem is pubs taking the piss and there will be the usual total lack of enforcement. I presume private clubs like GAA clubs would need people to have vaccines also if food or alcohol is served? The GAA would need to make clear that clubs should not cheat on this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

• View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: July 19, 2021, 09:18:23 PM »
Has anyone travelled from an amber country through Dublin back to the North? Just wondering how the tracking of the self isolation works.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: July 19, 2021, 09:20:34 PM »
They opened up so everyone could have a nice Christmas and January had world record infection levels. Borders should be closed until Covid is faoi smacht.
Lookit

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: July 19, 2021, 09:24:37 PM »
They opened up so everyone could have a nice Christmas and January had world record infection levels. Borders should be closed until Covid is faoi smacht.

Define under control?