China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2021, 11:43:49 AM
Are we not stuffed in the north now? Basically if the government want another lockdown then furlough ends soon so anything post furlough needs more money and any money would need to be approved by parliament which will hardly approve furlough money if England not getting it.

I don't think that a widespread "lockdown" will be needed, but even closing pubs etc would create a need for financial support.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2021, 04:31:47 PM
Are we not stuffed in the north now? Basically if the government want another lockdown then furlough ends soon so anything post furlough needs more money and any money would need to be approved by parliament which will hardly approve furlough money if England not getting it.

I don't think that a widespread "lockdown" will be needed, but even closing pubs etc would create a need for financial support.

No more closing anything. It's over. Would love to know if the roles were reversed would the OAPs throw away 2 years of their prime to help the youth?

imtommygunn

My point is though that any lockdown would have no funding. Who pays the bar staff?

So I guess I am agreeing.

thebigfella

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 04:33:51 PM

No more closing anything. It's over. Would love to know if the roles were reversed would the OAPs throw away 2 years of their prime to help the youth?

::)

Armagh18

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:05:51 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:00:12 AM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

I would accept that, but is the English approach not too much to soon.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?
Agreed. Be safer dead than another year and a half like that one. 99.9% of vulnerable people have the jab and anyone in a nightclub is doing so at their own free will and accepting the minimal risk. If you're that worried about a virus stay at home.

yellowcard

It's a huge gamble by the Tory government. There will inevitably be some deaths as a result of their decision given the high number of daily case numbers but it is about finding the correct balance between keeping hospital numbers at manageable levels and having a properly functioning economy. Only when the entire Covid pandemic is over can we properly judge these decisions with hindsight.

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 19, 2021, 05:38:00 PM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?
Agreed. Be safer dead than another year and a half like that one. 99.9% of vulnerable people have the jab and anyone in a nightclub is doing so at their own free will and accepting the minimal risk. If you're that worried about a virus stay at home.

It's amazing that after so so many posts on the topic, you still don't get it. That's truly astonishing

Rossfan

There's no cure for ignorant stupidity :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on July 19, 2021, 06:15:26 PM

It's amazing that after so so many posts on the topic, you still don't get it. That's truly astonishing
You enjoy your life and I'll enjoy mine. Good lad

JoG2

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 19, 2021, 06:28:47 PM

Selfless. A real community man.

NotedObserver

Quote from: JoG2 on July 19, 2021, 06:35:49 PM

Seems to be more and more issues with people double jabbed ending up fairly sick.

Gmac

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 17, 2021, 07:20:27 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 17, 2021, 02:21:21 AM
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2021 3964. 35 m fully vaccinated
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2020 1254   0 vaccinated
Doesn't make sense
Why doesn't it?
are vaccines wearing off or failing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 19, 2021, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 19, 2021, 06:35:49 PM

Seems to be more and more issues with people double jabbed ending up fairly sick.

Friend doubled jabbed and caught Covid last week... nothing wrong with him other than a cough.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The problem also is if lockdown has to end here because no more furlough then the south also stuffed because people will continue to come up here with the more lenient restrictions.

MR I read something about stats on the people getting admitted to hospital have quite a few having had second jabs. I am not sure if the stats are accurate on that or not as who the hell knows these days.

seafoid

Covid is out of control. Money can be printed.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU