China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 18, 2021, 04:44:48 PM
ROI weekly update, The spike in cases as was projected has arrived. Hospital numbers has also taken a hit this week but its worth to point out they are not all admissions as Mayo hospital current has a outbreak and when that gets sorted we'll get a clearer picture.

Cases 6695 (3,030 more than last week)
In Hospital 91 (33 more than last Sunday)
In ICU 16 ( 6 more than a week ago)

What would the numbers be if the place just opened up?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 18, 2021, 04:44:48 PM
ROI weekly update, The spike in cases as was projected has arrived. Hospital numbers has also taken a hit this week but its worth to point out they are not all admissions as Mayo hospital current has a outbreak and when that gets sorted we'll get a clearer picture.

the problem is that is COvid is widespread then it becomes harder to keep it out of hospitals.

The 26 counties has geared up the vaccination though, they did vaccinations o 1.26% of the population each day, they'll have caught up on the US in a week and the UK by the start of August.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on July 18, 2021, 04:56:09 PM
The problem is that is COvid is widespread then it becomes harder to keep it out of hospitals.

The 26 counties has geared up the vaccination though, they did vaccinations o 1.26% of the population each day, they'll have caught up on the US in a week and the UK by the start of August.

Visitors were allowed back to hospitals recently, i suspect that will change again. Yes the vaccine uptake the big difference from last summer.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2021, 04:46:37 PM

What would the numbers be if the place just opened up?

Probably upwards of 8,000 cases. Hard to know with the hospital situation as a lot of the cases seem to under 35.

Rudi

I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:00:12 AM
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

Rudi

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:05:51 AM

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

I would accept that, but is the English approach not too much to soon.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:09:18 AM

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?

Rudi

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:12:35 AM

It's been too long in my opinion. Now with the roll out of the vaccines if we can't ease restrictions now when will we ever be able to? What else can be done?

I think a phased approach to ease restrictions would be sensible. Abandoning social distancing, masks in doors all in one go seems a bit much. Test the water bit by bit. With a huge increase in case numbers & hospital numbers increasing seems a bit daft to fully open.

Mario

Exactly, when is it not too soon? What are the criteria?

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:16:45 AM

I think a phased approach to ease restrictions would be sensible. Abandoning social distancing, masks in doors all in one go seems a bit much. Test the water bit by bit. With a huge increase in case numbers & hospital numbers increasing seems a bit daft to fully open.

It's a double edged sword my friend. What happens if cases rise? Surely we can't go into a fourth lockdown? I feel like like the public would revolt and wouldn't abide by government regulations if they went back into a lockdown.

seafoid

Cases are already rising. There are no easy answers.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:21:36 AM
Quote from: Rudi on July 19, 2021, 10:16:45 AM

It's a double edged sword my friend. What happens if cases rise? Surely we can't go into a fourth lockdown? I feel like like the public would revolt and wouldn't abide by government regulations if they went back into a lockdown.

Absolute insanity is right re Boris's decisions. Without a phased easing as more and more get their 2nd jab, a fourth Lockdown will happen.

imtommygunn

Are we not stuffed in the north now? Basically if the government want another lockdown then furlough ends soon so anything post furlough needs more money and any money would need to be approved by parliament which will hardly approve furlough money if England not getting it.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2021, 11:43:49 AM
Are we not stuffed in the north now? Basically if the government want another lockdown then furlough ends soon so anything post furlough needs more money and any money would need to be approved by parliament which will hardly approve furlough money if England not getting it.

We're more at risk than any other place given the absolute mess our health service is in. But there are no easy answers. People are going to have to be sensible and cautious.

imtommygunn

Even when you look at that dashboard and numbers are very low covid wise capacity can be at 100% plus. I think people just assume that it is massively stretched due to covid but it was massively stretched before it.