Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 851067 times)

Armagh18

• View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #15810 on: July 16, 2021, 09:33:58 PM »
I see the Southern Trust is stopping hospital visitors. This is absolutely f**king disgusting and whoever is behind that needs a kick up the hole. What is the point in vaccinating vulnerable people and healthcare staff to stop visitation.

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: July 17, 2021, 02:21:21 AM »
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2021 3964. 35 m fully vaccinated
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2020 1254   0 vaccinated
Doesn’t make sense

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: July 17, 2021, 02:30:48 AM »
It makes sense, the delta variant is twice as infectious as the original one. Did you mean July?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: July 17, 2021, 03:03:00 AM »
It makes sense, the delta variant is twice as infectious as the original one. Did you mean July?
yes

Armagh18

• View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: July 17, 2021, 07:20:27 AM »
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2021 3964. 35 m fully vaccinated
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2020 1254   0 vaccinated
Doesn’t make sense
Why doesn’t it?

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #15815 on: July 17, 2021, 10:31:01 AM »
https://telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/07/16/holidays-france-thrown-chaos-fully-vaccinated-britons-will-need/…Grant Shapps, the Transport Secretary, said: “Travel will be different this year and whilst we are committed to continuing to open up international travel safely, our absolute priority is to protect public health here in the UK.

Aguisín

https://mobile.twitter.com/LBC/status/1416128551519232001
Lookit

joemamas

• View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: July 17, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
Old news Benny, we know the governments fucked up at the start, so how you fixing it now? Don’t vote them in when you vote next day

Bingo.

Just look at the pathetic quote from Dr L on Wednesday last.

“We are targeting Monday 26th, really because it has to go through the Seanad, and we need to allow the president time to consider the bill and what’s in it, and we need to get some regulations in place and things like that in place”

Btw they need 11 days to do that. Unbelievable.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #15817 on: July 17, 2021, 06:46:31 PM »
I'd say you're a right expert in how to run a State, pass legislation and all the rest of it.
Or are you a "put Michael O'Leary in charge" fan?
Remember we're a noble race from a land where Kings once trod.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: July 18, 2021, 04:44:48 PM »
ROI weekly update, The spike in cases as was projected has arrived. Hospital numbers has also taken a hit this week but its worth to point out they are not all admissions as Mayo hospital current has a outbreak and when that gets sorted we'll get a clearer picture.

Cases 6695 (3,030 more than last week)
In Hospital 91 (33 more than last Sunday)
In ICU 22 ( 6 more than a week ago)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 10:03:36 AM by Cunny Funt »

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: July 18, 2021, 04:46:37 PM »
ROI weekly update, The spike in cases as was projected has arrived. Hospital numbers has also taken a hit this week but its worth to point out they are not all admissions as Mayo hospital current has a outbreak and when that gets sorted we'll get a clearer picture.

Cases 6695 (3,030 more than last week)
In Hospital 91 (33 more than last Sunday)
In ICU 16 ( 6 more than a week ago)

What would the numbers be if the place just opened up?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: July 18, 2021, 04:56:09 PM »

the problem is that is COvid is widespread then it becomes harder to keep it out of hospitals.

The 26 counties has geared up the vaccination though, they did vaccinations o 1.26% of the population each day, they'll have caught up on the US in a week and the UK by the start of August.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #15821 on: July 18, 2021, 05:19:33 PM »
The problem is that is COvid is widespread then it becomes harder to keep it out of hospitals.

The 26 counties has geared up the vaccination though, they did vaccinations o 1.26% of the population each day, they'll have caught up on the US in a week and the UK by the start of August.

Visitors were allowed back to hospitals recently, i suspect that will change again. Yes the vaccine uptake the big difference from last summer.

What would the numbers be if the place just opened up?

Probably upwards of 8,000 cases. Hard to know with the hospital situation as a lot of the cases seem to under 35.

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: July 19, 2021, 10:00:12 AM »
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

AnGaelGearmanach

• This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: July 19, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »
I'm not huge on the amount of Covid restrictions in place in this country over the last 6 months, however I find what the English government are currently doing is totally insane & dangerous. A former work colleague of mine (as fit as a fiddle in his early 50's) is currently in ISU in a very bad way. Are the English off their heads or what, nightclubs packed to the rafters in doors is surely going to lead to disaster, vaccinated or not.

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

Rudi

• View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: July 19, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »

COVID-19 is never going to go away. We can't live like prisoners for another couple of years.

I would accept that, but is the English approach not too much to soon.