Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: 6th sam on July 16, 2021, 05:48:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 16, 2021, 05:25:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 16, 2021, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 04:35:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2021, 04:31:47 PM
Hospital cases are rising a good bit in the north. The next week or two will tell a tale. They aren't that high yet but there will be a lag. It'll be interesting to see.

Of the high figures in hospital how many are second jabbed and or have had been infected before?

It's a lot of people catching 'flu' for the summer ;)

Not sure if it's the North or South, but I heard a figure of 5% with 2nd jab

Heard that figure yesterday, in the South it's less than 5% and they aren't critical.

So seriously wtf!!!??

If and it's a big if, those figures are correct then people wise up! Get doubled jabbed!!
There's 2 seperate reasons for vaccinations:
1. Self protection
2. Protection of the whole population and thereby the vulnerable.

We have had billions of vaccinations of various kinds over several years developed in similar  ways, and there is no significant evidence of major harm, compared to the effect of the virus itself.

Really?

https://www.bmj.com/content/367/bmj.l6658

QuoteThe health services on these islands were having major challenges pre-Covid. The pandemic and post Covid issues have placed unprecedented pressures on our health service , those that work in it, and those dependent on it.

Anti-vacc arguments are blown away by the science , and those that put themselves before the health of their community and particularly the vulnerable , can't get off unchallenged .

Fir optimal success we need the vast majority of over 18s vaccinated. Those that refuse vaccination are  jeopardising everybody else's health and opportunities.
If they make that choice there are consequences for us all and they are prolonging the impact of Covid.
If they are principled in their stance , then presumably they'll extend that principled stance to not putting others at risk, and they'll stay out of public places

So now it's all the teenagers fault for living their lives? Not government and politicians who didn't close the airports/ports early days? Hundreds of thousands in and out of the country, leading to rising cases and new variants? We're they not the ones who jeopardised the health of the population?

Milltown Row2

Old news Benny, we know the governments fucked up at the start, so how you fixing it now? Don't vote them in when you vote next day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on July 16, 2021, 06:00:00 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 16, 2021, 01:10:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:31:00 PM
Yes, I was pointing out the similarities to Ireland's new apartheid laws.
Christ on a bike: First Nazism, now Apartheid!

As someone who's been to Robben Island, I would recommend you educate yourself on that place, as well as Auschwitz.

But you really should keep your mouth shut in the meantime, since while Ignorance or Stupidity may normally be allowable, insulting the victims of two such vile regimes most definitely isn't.

And where did I do that?

When you compare getting a covid vaccination with vaccinations in concentration camps you are insulting those people. The reason I suggested you look into what happened in those camps was so you could learn why your comparisons are so ridiculous.

Same applies to apartheid. Look into what apartheid was actually like in South Africa before making insulting comparisons. You don't even have to dig that deep to find some of the horrors that went on in both eras

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on July 16, 2021, 08:28:15 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 16, 2021, 06:00:00 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 16, 2021, 01:10:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:31:00 PM
Yes, I was pointing out the similarities to Ireland's new apartheid laws.
Christ on a bike: First Nazism, now Apartheid!

As someone who's been to Robben Island, I would recommend you educate yourself on that place, as well as Auschwitz.

But you really should keep your mouth shut in the meantime, since while Ignorance or Stupidity may normally be allowable, insulting the victims of two such vile regimes most definitely isn't.

And where did I do that?

When you compare getting a covid vaccination with vaccinations in concentration camps you are insulting those people. The reason I suggested you look into what happened in those camps was so you could learn why your comparisons are so ridiculous.

Same applies to apartheid. Look into what apartheid was actually like in South Africa before making insulting comparisons. You don't even have to dig that deep to find some of the horrors that went on in both eras

Without risking repeating myself, I think you'll find that's not what I said.

And I never once mentioned South Africa. Until now.

Milltown Row2

I was in Nazi Ireland capital yesterday, stormtroopers everywhere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Milltown, the right wing capital of Ireland would be around where you live, to be sure
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

I see the Southern Trust is stopping hospital visitors. This is absolutely f**king disgusting and whoever is behind that needs a kick up the hole. What is the point in vaccinating vulnerable people and healthcare staff to stop visitation.

Gmac

Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2021 3964. 35 m fully vaccinated
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2020 1254   0 vaccinated
Doesn't make sense

armaghniac

It makes sense, the delta variant is twice as infectious as the original one. Did you mean July?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Gmac

Quote from: armaghniac on July 17, 2021, 02:30:48 AM
It makes sense, the delta variant is twice as infectious as the original one. Did you mean July?
yes

Armagh18

Quote from: Gmac on July 17, 2021, 02:21:21 AM
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2021 3964. 35 m fully vaccinated
Uk hospitalizations 16 June 2020 1254   0 vaccinated
Doesn't make sense
Why doesn't it?

seafoid

https://telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/07/16/holidays-france-thrown-chaos-fully-vaccinated-britons-will-need/...Grant Shapps, the Transport Secretary, said: "Travel will be different this year and whilst we are committed to continuing to open up international travel safely, our absolute priority is to protect public health here in the UK.

Aguisín

https://mobile.twitter.com/LBC/status/1416128551519232001
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 06:20:06 PM
Old news Benny, we know the governments fucked up at the start, so how you fixing it now? Don't vote them in when you vote next day

Bingo.

Just look at the pathetic quote from Dr L on Wednesday last.

"We are targeting Monday 26th, really because it has to go through the Seanad, and we need to allow the president time to consider the bill and what's in it, and we need to get some regulations in place and things like that in place"

Btw they need 11 days to do that. Unbelievable.

Rossfan

I'd say you're a right expert in how to run a State, pass legislation and all the rest of it.
Or are you a "put Michael O'Leary in charge" fan?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update, The spike in cases as was projected has arrived. Hospital numbers has also taken a hit this week but its worth to point out they are not all admissions as Mayo hospital current has a outbreak and when that gets sorted we'll get a clearer picture.

Cases 6695 (3,030 more than last week)
In Hospital 91 (33 more than last Sunday)
In ICU 22 ( 6 more than a week ago)