Author Topic: China Coronavirus  (Read 850392 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: China Coronavirus
« Reply #15795 on: July 16, 2021, 04:29:25 PM »
Going by the cases I predict another lockdown in the north in the next few weeks, even a circuit breaker to stop in the infection rate from increasing.
Probably ffs. But the only way this will end is through herd immunity, which will be a combination of vaccines and people getting infected.

Who hasnít been doing infected by those figures? Closing down should only occur when hospital admissions are beyond control
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: July 16, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »
Hospital cases are rising a good bit in the north. The next week or two will tell a tale. They aren't that high yet but there will be a lag. It'll be interesting to see.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: July 16, 2021, 04:35:01 PM »
Hospital cases are rising a good bit in the north. The next week or two will tell a tale. They aren't that high yet but there will be a lag. It'll be interesting to see.

Of the high figures in hospital how many are second jabbed and or have had been infected before?

Itís a lot of people catching Ďfluí for the summer ;)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: July 16, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »
Is that data available? I have no idea...

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: July 16, 2021, 04:46:47 PM »
Is that data available? I have no idea...

Be handy to have!

Having data to show how itís growing type of variant and which country to blame  ;)

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: July 16, 2021, 05:24:06 PM »

Of the high figures in hospital how many are second jabbed and or have had been infected before?

Not sure if it's the North or South, but I heard a figure of 5% with 2nd jab

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: July 16, 2021, 05:25:19 PM »

Heard that figure yesterday, in the South it's less than 5% and they aren't critical.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: July 16, 2021, 05:28:40 PM »

Heard that figure yesterday, in the South it's less than 5% and they aren't critical.

So seriously wtf!!!??

If and itís a big if, those figures are correct then people wise up! Get doubled jabbed!!

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: July 16, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »
Yes, I was pointing out the similarities to Irelandís new apartheid laws.
Christ on a bike: First Nazism, now Apartheid!

As someone who's been to Robben Island, I would recommend you educate yourself on that place, as well as Auschwitz.

But you really should keep your mouth shut in the meantime, since while Ignorance or Stupidity may normally be allowable, insulting the victims of two such vile regimes most definitely isn't.

And where did I do that?

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: July 16, 2021, 06:12:44 PM »

So seriously wtf!!!??

If and itís a big if, those figures are correct then people wise up! Get doubled jabbed!!
Thereís 2 seperate reasons for vaccinations:
1. Self protection
2. Protection of the whole population and thereby the vulnerable.

We have had billions of vaccinations of various kinds over several years developed in similar  ways, and there is no significant evidence of major harm, compared to the effect of the virus itself.

Really?

https://www.bmj.com/content/367/bmj.l6658

The health services on these islands were having major challenges pre-Covid. The pandemic and post Covid issues have placed unprecedented pressures on our health service , those that work in it, and those dependent on it.

Anti-vacc arguments are blown away by the science , and those that put themselves before the health of their community and particularly the vulnerable , canít get off unchallenged .

Fir optimal success we need the vast majority of over 18s vaccinated. Those that refuse vaccination are  jeopardising everybody elseís health and opportunities.
If they make that choice there are consequences for us all and they are prolonging the impact of Covid.
If they are principled in their stance , then presumably theyíll extend that principled stance to not putting others at risk, and theyíll stay out of public places

So now itís all the teenagers fault for living their lives? Not government and politicians who didnít close the airports/ports early days? Hundreds of thousands in and out of the country, leading to rising cases and new variants? Weíre they not the ones who jeopardised the health of the population?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: July 16, 2021, 06:20:06 PM »
Old news Benny, we know the governments fucked up at the start, so how you fixing it now? Donít vote them in when you vote next day

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: July 16, 2021, 08:28:15 PM »

As someone who's been to Robben Island, I would recommend you educate yourself on that place, as well as Auschwitz.

But you really should keep your mouth shut in the meantime, since while Ignorance or Stupidity may normally be allowable, insulting the victims of two such vile regimes most definitely isn't.

And where did I do that?

When you compare getting a covid vaccination with vaccinations in concentration camps you are insulting those people. The reason I suggested you look into what happened in those camps was so you could learn why your comparisons are so ridiculous.

Same applies to apartheid. Look into what apartheid was actually like in South Africa before making insulting comparisons. You don't even have to dig that deep to find some of the horrors that went on in both eras

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: July 16, 2021, 08:56:26 PM »

And where did I do that?

When you compare getting a covid vaccination with vaccinations in concentration camps you are insulting those people. The reason I suggested you look into what happened in those camps was so you could learn why your comparisons are so ridiculous.

Same applies to apartheid. Look into what apartheid was actually like in South Africa before making insulting comparisons. You don't even have to dig that deep to find some of the horrors that went on in both eras

Without risking repeating myself, I think youíll find thatís not what I said.

And I never once mentioned South Africa. Until now.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: July 16, 2021, 08:59:09 PM »
I was in Nazi Ireland capital yesterday, stormtroopers everywhere

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: July 16, 2021, 09:07:53 PM »
Milltown, the right wing capital of Ireland would be around where you live, to be sure
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B