China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 16, 2021, 02:14:42 PM
Going by the cases I predict another lockdown in the north in the next few weeks, even a circuit breaker to stop in the infection rate from increasing.

It is my understanding at the moment that no further lockdowns are planned.
Instead the track and trace system is being up-scaled and the intention is to use that to control the spread rather than a lockdown.

Evil Genius

Quote from: JoG2 on July 16, 2021, 01:54:45 PM
Think I've asked this before, but does anyone know someone who thinks like BennyCake, someone far down that rabbit hole who has come back to their senses?
It's rare, but it does sometimes happen, apparently:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/10/24/qanon-believer-conspiracy-theory/

(Normally behind a paywall,  but you can click for a couple of free articles first)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Truth hurts

If the rate of infections continues to plummet in the 6 counties I can see a halt to GAA activities. It is the young who are getting the disease.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 16, 2021, 03:16:29 PM
If the rate of infections continues to plummet in the 6 counties I can see a halt to GAA activities. It is the young who are getting the disease.

?

armaghniac

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 16, 2021, 02:35:04 PM
Going by the cases I predict another lockdown in the north in the next few weeks, even a circuit breaker to stop in the infection rate from increasing.

It is my understanding at the moment that no further lockdowns are planned.
Instead the track and trace system is being up-scaled and the intention is to use that to control the spread rather than a lockdown.

plenty of track and trace and plenty of testing will keep things under control. However, you have to keep recording people using the facilities and get them to have the app and so on for this to work.

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 16, 2021, 03:16:29 PM

That would be pity. However, antigen testing or the like might be good way forward.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Cases isn't the same as a year ago or even 6 months ago. The vaccine gives different options now to move on and away from the need of further lockdowns.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 16, 2021, 02:33:58 PM
Probably ffs. But the only way this will end is through herd immunity, which will be a combination of vaccines and people getting infected.

Who hasn't been doing infected by those figures? Closing down should only occur when hospital admissions are beyond control
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Hospital cases are rising a good bit in the north. The next week or two will tell a tale. They aren't that high yet but there will be a lag. It'll be interesting to see.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2021, 04:31:47 PM
Hospital cases are rising a good bit in the north. The next week or two will tell a tale. They aren't that high yet but there will be a lag. It'll be interesting to see.

Of the high figures in hospital how many are second jabbed and or have had been infected before?

It's a lot of people catching 'flu' for the summer ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Is that data available? I have no idea...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 16, 2021, 04:35:21 PM
Is that data available? I have no idea...

Be handy to have!

Having data to show how it's growing type of variant and which country to blame  ;)

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2021, 04:35:01 PM

Of the high figures in hospital how many are second jabbed and or have had been infected before?

Not sure if it's the North or South, but I heard a figure of 5% with 2nd jab

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on July 16, 2021, 05:24:06 PM

Heard that figure yesterday, in the South it's less than 5% and they aren't critical.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 16, 2021, 05:25:19 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 16, 2021, 05:24:06 PM

Heard that figure yesterday, in the South it's less than 5% and they aren't critical.

So seriously wtf!!!??

If and it's a big if, those figures are correct then people wise up! Get doubled jabbed!!

BennyCake

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 16, 2021, 01:10:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2021, 09:31:00 PM
Yes, I was pointing out the similarities to Ireland's new apartheid laws.
Christ on a bike: First Nazism, now Apartheid!

As someone who's been to Robben Island, I would recommend you educate yourself on that place, as well as Auschwitz.

But you really should keep your mouth shut in the meantime, since while Ignorance or Stupidity may normally be allowable, insulting the victims of two such vile regimes most definitely isn't.

And where did I do that?