China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Gmac on July 24, 2021, 03:35:04 PM
There will be 2500 fans in Killarney stadium for the game tomorrow wearing masks and spread out but probably 20k in the town watching from beer gardens and hotels all mask less , the stupidity boggles the mind . The fear is out of control and is not backed up by data, and judging by what I read on here 95% of the country is suffering from it

Correct. They should have more in the stadium and ban screens in bars and hotels. This is obvious.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rudi

Quote from: Gmac on July 24, 2021, 03:35:04 PM
There will be 2500 fans in Killarney stadium for the game tomorrow wearing masks and spread out but probably 20k in the town watching from beer gardens and hotels all mask less , the stupidity boggles the mind . The fear is out of control and is not backed up by data, and judging by what I read on here 95% of the country is suffering from it

18k from Galway and Mayo to attend Connacht Final in Dublin. Taking probably 10k from the west to the east. All the travelling in buses, trains, shared cars, pit stops for food, toilets. Utter madness in a pandemic.

Evil Genius

Quote from: johnnycool on July 23, 2021, 02:36:41 PM
A lot of EU countries are either catching up or ahead of GB in terms of vaccinated people
As of Thursday, only Malta (166.18 per 100 population) had a higher vaccination rate in the EU than UK (122.3).

Many of the others are closing the gap, but still may not overtake the UK as and when the number of their people willing to be vaccinated are jabbed, leaving only the hard-to-reach/hesitant/opposed/nutters/Bennycake.

For information, some other figures are:
Denmark: 117.28 (closest to UK)
Spain: 113.1
ROI: 108.24
Italy: 105.65
Germany: 105.6
France: 99.5
Poland 87.94
Romania: 48.16
Bulgaria: 28.09
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/

... and will overtake them in getting teenagers vaccinated and back into schools.
That's possible if other countries start/keep vaccinating children and the UK doesn't.

My guess is that if the UK can reach herd immunity by their existing vaccination programme, plus unvaccinated people catching it following the latest opening up (esp the young), then they are hoping to avoid vaccinating children.

But if a 4th wave surges nonetheless, BoJo may have a decision to make in the autumn/winter.

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2021, 05:11:51 PM
18-35 group weren't vaccinated back last winter, yet there was no talk of a surge in that group then. Now when the vaccine rollout has filtered down to those ages, suddenly there's a surge. Funny that.
Can't speak for ROI, only UK.

Where back in the winter, it was the Alpha variant, which wasn't so infectious. While everyone, incl the young, were being kept in.And many younger people were getting it, but either weren't getting tested, and/or didn't know they had it (asymptomatic).

Now we have Delta variant which is much more infectious. But while the elderly are well-protected by having been vaccinated, the young are much less so, as well as going out far more now that the restrictions have been lifted and the weather is better. Also, more of the younger population goes to school, or college, or works and so comes into contact with others than older people, esp the retired.

None of which is hard to understand - if you are sufficiently open-minded to think about it, that is.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

lenny

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 24, 2021, 05:21:48 PM
A lot of EU countries are either catching up or ahead of GB in terms of vaccinated people
As of Thursday, only Malta (166.18 per 100 population) had a higher vaccination rate in the EU than UK (122.3).

Many of the others are closing the gap, but still may not overtake the UK as and when the number of their people willing to be vaccinated are jabbed, leaving only the hard-to-reach/hesitant/opposed/nutters/Bennycake.

For information, some other figures are:
Denmark: 117.28 (closest to UK)
Spain: 113.1
ROI: 108.24
Italy: 105.65
Germany: 105.6
France: 99.5
Poland 87.94
Romania: 48.16
Bulgaria: 28.09
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/

... and will overtake them in getting teenagers vaccinated and back into schools.
That's possible if other countries start/keep vaccinating children and the UK doesn't.

My guess is that if the UK can reach herd immunity by their existing vaccination programme, plus unvaccinated people catching it following the latest opening up (esp the young), then they are hoping to avoid vaccinating children.

But if a 4th wave surges nonetheless, BoJo may have a decision to make in the autumn/winter.

The uk would vaccinate children if they hadn't messed up their vaccine orders. The pfizer vaccine is the one thought to be most suitable for the younger age group. Johnson messed up ordering that vaccine and won't be getting more supplies until very late in the year.

Evil Genius

Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 11:26:34 AM
I'm saying that doctors aren't going to go against what the government/WHO says, as it could mean the end of their medical career. There were doctors who have been struck off for linking MMR jabs to autism.
They were struck off because there are NO links between MMR and Autism you idiot! Meaning that discouraginjg parents from getting their kids MMR vaccinated put the kids at unnecessary risk.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was struck off unfairly too, for pursing a non-standard treatment regime with his patients.

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 12:47:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2021, 12:14:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2021, 11:06:53 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2021, 07:49:32 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 23, 2021, 05:37:45 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2021, 05:29:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 23, 2021, 12:33:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2021, 11:39:25 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on July 23, 2021, 10:38:58 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 23, 2021, 10:08:12 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 23, 2021, 09:56:56 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 23, 2021, 09:22:18 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57940347

Hopefully reading this is a wake up call for all those who refuse the vaccine.

So is this also saying 40% of those admitted to hospital with Covid have had the vaccine?

Yeah, good point. But they conveniently didn't mention that bit.

What's your alternative to the vaccine?

Ivermectin.

So you don't want the vaccine, which comes with overwhelming medical and scientific support behind it. Instead you want Ivermectin, a drug which even the manufacturer says has not been proven to have any real effect on Covid?

https://thebulwark.com/ivermectin-shows-us-the-consequences-of-politicized-science/

Do you only "trust" science and "expertise" when it comes from the anti-government, anti-intellectual sphere?

There's been plenty of success with ivermectin in Asian/African countries. You just don't hear about it on BBC or Sky.

Evidence?

Did you read the article?

You still didn't answer why dubious treatments which do not yet have scientific or medical support are A-ok, but anything in terms of official government and professional guidelines and vaccines are all a plot or conspiracy.

There's plenty of material if you care to look. But let's face it, any medical person who recommends any other treatment  other than the approved vaccines will be struck off.

Look at what doctors have been ordered to do during the pandemic: listing deaths as covid if tested positive within 28 days. Doctors aren't stupid. They know that distorts the figures, but they do it because otherwise it's goodbye to their medical career. Or maybe that's just another conspiracy

Material such as...?

Where are doctors being struck off for treating patients? Vaccines come before infection. You don't treat someone with a vaccine.

But assuming you mean doctors who encourage "other treatments" in the event of an eventual infection rather than advising their patients to get vaccinated, you're still not answering the question: why are such doctors people whose advice is to be followed, while those who do follow the "approved" guidelines are not to be trusted? Is there something more robust and scientifically/medically more accurate about the "other" approaches?

I have no idea what you're on about with the 28 days thing. Feel free to expand, including explaining exactly what and why it's done and why it's wrong.

I'm saying that doctors aren't going to go against what the government/WHO says, as it could mean the end of their medical career. There were doctors who have been struck off for linking MMR jabs to autism.

Im talking about death certs labelled as covid deaths if they had a positive case in the previous 28 days. These are included as covid deaths even if someone eventually died of drowning, car accident, suicide, stroke etc. Doctors know this distorts actual covid deaths, but they go along with it, as the alternate is losing their jobs.

The MMR stuff is pure quackery and Ridgefield (or whatever his name is) engaged in scientific misconduct and caused huge damage.

Still nothing concrete on the death certificate stuff and still no answer about why "other" doctor = good and mainstream medicine = bad.

I explained it. Not my fault if you still don't get it

I don't know what you think I said, but put it like this: do I think there's possible other treatments/cures out there (and not just covid)? Yes. And do I think pharmaceuticals/governments would suppress such alternative medicines in order to sell their own medicines and makes huge profits? 100% absolutely.

But your "skepticism" doesn't extend to unsupported drug treatments and the financial motives of those who seeks to exploit reactionary, anti-government, anti-intellectual segments of the population. Only mainstream, "official " channels and expertise are ever suspect. Those who oppose them and offer "alternate" solutions are, by definition, to be advocated by "those in the know", not on their own merits, but for no reason other than they're not mainstream or official.

J70

Quote from: trailer on July 24, 2021, 02:42:08 PM
We're fighting two pandemics. Coronavirus and Stupidity.

Yep.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2021, 06:55:38 PM

Yep.

The Gas thing is, that Stupid are not the one's that most people think the stupid are.

This episode of Human existence will be greatly frowned on in the future.

trueblue1234

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 24, 2021, 07:10:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 24, 2021, 06:55:38 PM

Yep.

The Gas thing is, that Stupid are not the one's that most people think the stupid are.

This episode of Human existence will be greatly frowned on in the future.

They really are tho.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

Quote from: Rudi on July 24, 2021, 03:48:06 PM

Pharmaceutical companies are actually developing a vaccine at the moment for stupidity, I suggest you take it trailer, the likes of you will create many variants of stupidity.  ;D

Trust me. You need it more than me

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2021, 11:44:25 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2021, 11:36:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2021, 07:52:39 AM
A fella around my way has told his staff that they are not allowed to have the jabs, if they do he'll sack them, won't let anyone in the house either who's been jabbed, his son is a second year medical student and if forced to have the jab will drop out of medicine!

He states that if you come into contact with someone who's got the vaccine they'll infect you with some condition! He also said that this vaccine is a world conspiracy to wipe out 5 billion people by the next winter!!

Now this guy is a complete p***k and I don't know one person who likes him! Had the confederate flag in his garden and vote trump banners up!

Oh, and he's getting that drug in that's not been approved and taking it!

Is this Belfast? That employer needs reported.

Owns an engineering firm Belfast area , he's always been a p***k

Which firm? If he's saying it to his staff there is no sanction for making people aware

bennydorano

You conspiracy theorists need to go and get a proper hobby for yourselves instead of sitting on your holes all day sharing shite to Facebook. Protesting against wearing a piece of cloth on your face. Would ya ever stop. Most of yas should have been wearing a mask before the pandemic. Face like a stepped-on rissole. Mary doesn't know how to restart her router or login to the Facebook account that she got locked out of last year but she still thinks she has the right to lecture everyone about the dangers of 5G technology. You have lads who failed pass maths quoting R0 numbers and mortality rates. Telling us all to "wake up" and calling everyone "sheep". Grab a hold of yourself now Aidan. It used to take you 10 minutes to read a paragraph out loud in class. I am in my f**king hole listening to you over the experts. If I gave you a multiplication sum to do you'd end up in Wexford A&E with a panic attack.

Wexford corp 2020

BennyCake

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 24, 2021, 06:05:19 PM
They were struck off because there are NO links between MMR and Autism you idiot! Meaning that discouraginjg parents from getting their kids MMR vaccinated put the kids at unnecessary risk.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was struck off unfairly too, for pursing a non-standard treatment regime with his patients.

Did I say there were?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 24, 2021, 06:05:19 PM

Did I say there were?

No, tell us
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea