Author Topic: Olympics Tokyo.  (Read 6938 times)

Rois

• View Profile
Re: Olympics Tokyo.
« Reply #105 on: Today at 11:34:58 AM »
Once they started calling it super Sunday .... so
Agreed - absolutely nothing has gone Ireland’s way.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Today at 11:42:15 AM »
That was just awful luck for Rhys, scores 15.26 in qualifying which would have given him a medal…

Max though was outstanding
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Today at 01:24:16 PM »
Some air time in the high jump

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Today at 01:50:47 PM »
Thomas Barr out now as well coming 4th in his semi final. Hasn’t been a good day. When is Kelly Harrington fighting?
I loves me county

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Today at 01:56:24 PM »
Italy are winning all around them this year.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Today at 02:15:57 PM »
Former long jumper wins the men’s 100m from out of nowhere. We’ve all seen this gig before.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Today at 02:19:30 PM »
That was just awful luck for Rhys, scores 15.26 in qualifying which would have given him a medal…

Max though was outstanding
He is 22 and will.be 25.in 2024.
An Dún abú.
Lookit

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Today at 02:21:09 PM »
Barr has lodged an appeal against the Italian for hooking hurdles, if successful he will get into the final.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Today at 03:13:42 PM »
Touts out!!

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Today at 05:38:12 PM »
You kind of forget how high those guys are jumping. My young ones said it didn't look that high until zi got a tape measure out and showed them that the height was pretty much ceiling height in the room!

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Today at 05:42:56 PM »
You kind of forget how high those guys are jumping. My young ones said it didn't look that high until zi got a tape measure out and showed them that the height was pretty much ceiling height in the room!

Those lads would be nearly ceiling height also in fairness
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

weareros

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Today at 06:32:56 PM »
Disappointing Sunday alright. But that final round of golf was outstanding and McIlroy for all the criticism he gets gave it everything. The bogey on 15 was a killer, if he didn’t drop there, that last shot which went so close on 18 would have been for -17. He left some putts behind, he’ll regret. But could the OCI not have made him a custom hat - in that heat he was burnt to a cinder by the end. Walker too was very unfortunate. I thought it was a bad decision. He had won the 2nd round well but two judges gave it to the American, who had fought professional, looked the part, but was gassed after the first round, and dragged Walker into a messy final round with little boxing. Rhys most unfortunate - but will be back. But these at least are all sports (Golf, Boxing, Gymnastics, and of course Rowing) where we are competing at the  top. But at what point will someone in RTE and Irish media be honest and admit we are now mostly shite at athletics and so off the pace.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: Today at 06:38:42 PM »
Disappointing Sunday alright. But that final round of golf was outstanding and McIlroy for all the criticism he gets gave it everything. The bogey on 15 was a killer, if he didn’t drop there, that last shot which went so close on 18 would have been for -17. He left some putts behind, he’ll regret. But could the OCI not have made him a custom hat - in that heat he was burnt to a cinder by the end. Walker too was very unfortunate. I thought it was a bad decision. He had won the 2nd round well but two judges gave it to the American, who had fought professional, looked the part, but was gassed after the first round, and dragged Walker into a messy final round with little boxing. Rhys most unfortunate - but will be back. But these at least are all sports (Golf, Boxing, Gymnastics, and of course Rowing) where we are competing at the  top. But at what point will someone in RTE and Irish media be honest and admit we are now mostly shite at athletics and so off the pace.

With the uk lottery finding a hell of a lot of the main ‘winning’ sports at the Olympics for GB, how much does the National lottery provide Irish sports?