?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Champion The Wonder Horse

Memory is failing me now.
McCusker a great call too. Would happily replace either McKaigue or Johnny with him.
At this rate I'll have a totally new team by 3:52pm on Sunday.

lenny

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on November 19, 2021, 10:00:31 PM
Memory is failing me now.
McCusker a great call too. Would happily replace either McKaigue or Johnny with him.
At this rate I'll have a totally new team by 3:52pm on Sunday.

lol, me too. I threw my team together in about a minute. McCusker is someone who'd have to get in the team, he was a class player.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 19, 2021, 05:29:57 PM
I'll throw a spanner in the works - original post was a team  to match the 93 team.....was Karl Diamond in the squad but not the team and then only became a starter in 94?

Id also have McGuckin in there
Karl was definitely on the subs in 93 ,

Hoof Hearted

Did he start against down in 94 ?
Was definitely on the pitch at some stage

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Did he not play a lot of the Dublin semi? Danny Quinn started and was subbed early for diamond iirc ? Diamond definitely an active squad member in 93. Was it not a surprise rooster started the final rather than him?

94 I think he maybe came on? Watched it recently and he spent a good bit of time on the pitch.

quit yo jibbajabba

From memory (which is fading) either f mccusker was sub or scullion coming back from an injury. At ht quinn was benched for one these guys tony moved to fb and this was the defence which started the final.

Pretty sure karl was a starter from the following season (was jonny injured for the down match along with a couple others)

Open to correction tho 😊

imtommygunn

Quinn was benched very early in the semi from my memory. He was having bother with murphy I think.

I think you might be right in 94 and no mcgurk so diamond rhb.

Estimator

Pretty sure Diamond started the first two games of the Ulster C'ship in '93.  McGurk started at corner back against Down, Diamond at No.5. (McKeever was out)
For the Monaghan game, I think McGurk was injured so Diamond kept his place.
In the Ulster Final McKeever and McGurk were both in, but Quinn was dropped last minute due to Moen taking him to the cleaners in the semi. McCusker replaced him.
AI semi-final, Murphy was having a great game on Quinn, Diamond replaced him, with Scullion moving on to Murphy.
Ulster League Champions 2009

quit yo jibbajabba

I stand corrected 😃
Karl started first 2 matches came on as sub next 2. Only match not involved in was the final

Ill fire another couple names out there in Joe Cassidy, Ronan Rocks. Good players but maybe not quite making the first 15...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Estimator on November 21, 2021, 03:16:33 PM
Pretty sure Diamond started the first two games of the Ulster C'ship in '93.  McGurk started at corner back against Down, Diamond at No.5. (McKeever was out)
For the Monaghan game, I think McGurk was injured so Diamond kept his place.
In the Ulster Final McKeever and McGurk were both in, but Quinn was dropped last minute due to Moen taking him to the cleaners in the semi. McCusker replaced him.
AI semi-final, Murphy was having a great game on Quinn, Diamond replaced him, with Scullion moving on to Murphy.

I was sceptical about you saying Mc Cusker played the ulster final but you were right...

https://thegoalswillcome.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/derry-v-donegal-1993/

theticklemister

What a player Diamond was. Classy half-back.

tintin25

I see Desertmartin won the Junior championship last year as well as this year.  Should they not have been playing intermediate?  Just curious.

JoG2

Quote from: tintin25 on November 28, 2021, 04:32:36 PM
I see Desertmartin won the Junior championship last year as well as this year.  Should they not have been playing intermediate?  Just curious.

Will be next year, same with Intermediate. No promotion / relegation last year for the year that was in it

Truth hurts

is it true Mickey Moran is stepping aside for the Glen game?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 06, 2021, 11:28:51 AM
is it true Mickey Moran is stepping aside for the Glen game?

ridiculous if he is