Mr & Mrs Robinson

Started by Orior, January 06, 2010, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: red hander on January 12, 2010, 04:31:54 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 12, 2010, 04:19:09 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on January 12, 2010, 04:13:49 PM
Was MI5 involved in this. How did spotlight have access to the text messages virus sent to our Kirky. Was the mole a pastor of the British army at one stage of his life. Was pressure put on him to bring this all to the public attention in order to get the DUP to move on policing.

With this coming out and the news of Gerry Adams coming out in more or less the same time, you'd have to wonder what hand MI5 have in it all. Is it a cause of moving the polar-opposite parties out to make room for the middle ground at the next elections?

Or to create such a political vacuum in which the dissidents would prosper?  Apparently something like 30% of MI5's total budget is for the 'war' against republican dissidents, this at a time when Muslim extremists have never been more active ... It actually suits MI5's agenda to have a bogeyman or it's financing will be cut ... a cynical view maybe, but who was manipulating both sides during the Troubles?

Indeed, that's a very strong possibilty.
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

If you think about it, the Brits are bound to have every members sitting in stormont under surveillance. People don't realise how much the Brits want to know so they are always one step ahead. If you look  back to the past it will show up how much spying actually went on. Knowledge is power

ONeill

Time for SF to turn the screw.

Expect an ultimatum from Gerry very soon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zapatista

Quote from: ONeill on January 12, 2010, 05:29:23 PM

Can see that myself. It's already overdue. Either a date is agreed on policing or SF should walk. Feck the Robinsons and their problems the show must go on.

red hander

Quote from: Zapatista on January 12, 2010, 05:34:19 PM

Can see that myself. It's already overdue. Either a date is agreed on policing or SF should walk. Feck the Robinsons and their problems the show must go on.

I think that's exactly how it will play out ... and it won't take six weeks either.  It makes sense for the Shinners to strike when their opponents are weak ... the DUP are buggered with Allister circling like a vulture and Reg Empty rubbing his hands too, leading to a more even 3-way split in unionism that will see the Shinners emerge as the biggest party (the SDLP are also finished IMO)

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Great headline I came across in the Daily Star (the British version) today:

'Irish PM steps down for 6 weeks'!!!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

trileacman

Quote from: red hander on January 12, 2010, 05:56:19 PM

I think that's exactly how it will play out ... and it won't take six weeks either.  It makes sense for the Shinners to strike when their opponents are weak ... the DUP are buggered with Allister circling like a vulture and Reg Empty rubbing his hands too, leading to a more even 3-way split in unionism that will see the Shinners emerge as the biggest party (the SDLP are also finished IMO)
They are finished in their current guise but I wouldn't rule them out in the medium to long term. Sf's purpose in northern politics will soon be fulfilled and their final day isn't as far off as you would think.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ziggysego

Ian Og was some craic on the BBC there buying a new coat  :D
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

Quote from: red hander on January 12, 2010, 05:56:19 PM

What exactly will be achieved by bringing down Stormont? 

Shinners become largest party - eh... so what.  They can do nothing more than they can now. 

NI politics drives me bananas, nobody gives a shite about praciticalities as long as they can absolve themselves from blame and maintain the moral high ground.

Minder

How can the "show go on" if SF "walk" ? There won't be a "show".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Zapatista

Quote from: bennydorano on January 12, 2010, 06:35:52 PM

What exactly will be achieved by bringing down Stormont? 

If agreement can't be reached then there must be an end somehow. They can't go up and down the hill for ever an achieve nothing. The devolution of policing has been agreed.We can't have them agreeing to do stuff and then never doing it. If they keep that up the assembly serves no purpose. Like Koyoto the agreement was made but was never acted on. Waste of time and money.

Quote from: Minder on January 12, 2010, 06:39:07 PM
How can the "show go on" if SF "walk" ? There won't be a "show".

Elections. There will always be a show but there mightn't always be an assembly.

red hander

Boys, I'd rather have direct rule than that farcical gravy train in east Belfast which only serves to put a legitimacy it does not deserve on this farcical failed statelet... and if I never have to listen to Margaret Ritchie again it will be too soon.  IMO being ruled by a bunch of chinless wonders from London will only hasten the inevitable reunification of Ireland cos they'll get so sick of bankrolling the place (remember, they're skint too) they'll fiinally pull the pin ... wishful thinking maybe, but Stormont is a failure

pintsofguinness

Quote from: red hander on January 12, 2010, 06:56:47 PM
Boys, I'd rather have direct rule than that farcical gravy train in east Belfast which only serves to put a legitimacy it does not deserve on this farcical failed statelet... and if I never have to listen to Margaret Ritchie again it will be too soon.  IMO being ruled by a bunch of chinless wonders from London will only hasten the inevitable reunification of Ireland cos they'll get so sick of bankrolling the place (remember, they're skint too) they'll fiinally pull the pin ... wishful thinking maybe, but Stormont is a failure
agree with that
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

You know there's a lot of merit in what you say there. If you go to the Assembly website you'll see how poorly qualified most of them are.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: red hander on January 12, 2010, 06:56:47 PM

They'll never pull the pin. The principle of consent is fundamentally enshrined (not that I agree with it). Joint authority is the best alternative to devolution in my view.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead