Dirty Dubs attack family on holiday for wearing Cork jersey

Started by Minder, September 22, 2009, 11:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 22, 2009, 04:27:47 PM

How do you know these Dirty sc**bag Dubs were not GAA Fans?

Reallaoislad. It looks like you have a thieving Laois sc**bag within the Laois County Board. Maybe you should get your own house in order first before you start pointing fingers at Dublin.

Laois money goes missing
23 September 2009

Laois GAA has been left reeling after an auditor's report revealed that EUR42,000 of the county finances are unaccounted for.

Last Monday's night county board meeting in Portlaoise heard the missing money came from three years of unaccounted for ticket sales. Auditor Mark Kirwan examined financial records going back to 2002 and found a gaping EUR42,000 hole in finances up to end of 2004.

The unaccounted for ticket sales were not recorded in the annual accounts of the board and the deficit was written off in 2005 and 2008.

While a Garda investigation has been ruled out, a "shocked" Laois chairman Brian Allen had ordered an internal probe into the mystery shortfall. However, he admitted that it would be difficult to find answers all these years later.

"I was shocked it was written off," he told the Irish Daily Star.

"The biggest problem I had was that it wasn't disclosed to the county convention in 2006 that the money had been written off. There was no mention of a write-off of EUR26,000 that year.

"I was on the executive at the time and I didn't know."

At Monday's meeting, where the Laois county board ironically announced major new sponsorship deals with BW Hire and Gala, former treasurer Tony Walsh admitted that he should have disclosed the shortfall at the time.

Allen claimed that measures have now been put in place to ensure that the situation never arises again.

"People (at the meeting) had questions about the handling of the situation at the time, that we should have had tighter controls basically," he added.

bennydorano

Quote from: cadhlancian on September 22, 2009, 08:41:32 PM
am I the only one who thinks there must be more to this than meets the eye? Fair enough, they have been giving them craap because of the defeat  to kerry, but I would imagine the attacked people passed a few remarks back, and that this is probably what lead to the actual attacks?
That was my initial reaction as well.  I'd say the Cork individuals concerned are omitting parts of the full story.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2009, 12:35:41 PM
If he was that much of a GAA fan what was he doing in the Costa Del Sol on AI Final day? Probably one of those genuine fans that couldn't get tickets that we hear so much about...

::) ::) ::)
You have outdone yourself with that little gem of a post...
The sad thing is you actually believe it too...
You'll Never Walk Alone.