building a house

Started by JPF, July 23, 2009, 01:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

how much is concrete a metre these days?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 02, 2021, 01:01:29 PM
Direct them to Cosentino up at Nutts Corner, they do Silestone and Dekton........you'd need several credit cards to pay for it

She mentioned Silestone, thought it wasn't that expensive??!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2021, 01:52:02 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on September 02, 2021, 01:01:29 PM
Direct them to Cosentino up at Nutts Corner, they do Silestone and Dekton........you'd need several credit cards to pay for it

She mentioned Silestone, thought it wasn't that expensive??!!

its not that bad, and a bloody good product too, the Dekton though is bloody dear

giveherlong

Quote from: clarshack on September 02, 2021, 01:23:00 PM
how much is concrete a metre these days?

35N is £70m3 (+vat if you are paying it)

Brick Tamlin

Some of youse boys must have the balls in the wife's handbag by the sound of it. Lighting consultant my arse. Tell her to wise up.
Never ever let the woman deal with tradesmen or suppliers. They be rubbing their hands when they see them coming.

LeoMc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2021, 06:37:49 PM
Kitchen worktops ... any decent shout outs to companies that provide them?
PM Marble in Dungannon.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 02, 2021, 09:34:20 PM
Some of youse boys must have the balls in the wife's handbag by the sound of it. Lighting consultant my arse. Tell her to wise up.
Never ever let the woman deal with tradesmen or suppliers. They be rubbing their hands when they see them coming.

Like I'm going to pick or want to pick a kitchen!  I haven't that feminine touch ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 02, 2021, 09:34:20 PM

Any boy who says he wear the trousers in the house is either pissed and sitting at the bar, or a bloody liar...which are you?

Brick Tamlin

Neither. I just don't believe in letting her run amok and vice versa. If things are equal then when it comes to home improvements etc both parties agree or it doesn't get bought. Simple.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 03, 2021, 01:11:37 PM
Neither. I just don't believe in letting her run amok and vice versa. If things are equal then when it comes to home improvements etc both parties agree or it doesn't get bought. Simple.

I'm perfectly happy to let her pick the majority of things, I've no eye for decorations and what works with that colour scheme and so on.. Picking the TV and barbecue set is about my interests are. Though I did pick the last sofa, mainly because she couldn't decide taking ages and I was getting pissed off!

Hell Id be happy to use the money for the kitchen and go on holidays!!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I found out years ago that you just nod the head and say "thats ok love, whatever you want", works wonders

93-DY-SAM

The worst words a man can hear from his other half is "I was just thinking.....". 99 times out of 100 that involves spending big money.

RedHand88

Anyone paid for painters recently for the interior of a new build? Whats the rough rate? We have a 4bed 2800sqft house, was wondering what it will cost. 5k? 10k?

Nailer

Internal painting for a 2800 ft2 house should be around 5k if the doors are pre-finished, add another £25 per door if they require painting too.

RedHand88

Quote from: Nailer on October 19, 2021, 11:25:57 PM
Internal painting for a 2800 ft2 house should be around 5k if the doors are pre-finished, add another £25 per door if they require painting too.

Good man thanks