Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: stiffler on August 07, 2021, 01:46:08 PM
Anyone been able to source a self testing anti gen test for return to Belfast?
Qured have tests for £39 that you take with you and then organise to do before you come back. You can use a Ba discount code to get them for £33. BATRAVEL15

Armagh18

So if you're flying from Dublin to EU and back to Dublin you only need a negative test not a vaccine? And no isolation?

Taylor

Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2021, 05:04:05 PM
Going to France through Switzerland (from Dublin), don't need any tests to enter either country, just proof of vaccination and fill in locator forms.

We don't need a test to come back into Dublin, but technically need a lateral flow test before we leave France to come into the north, then Day 2 PCR test. At the minute we should also isolate but I expect the French restriction to be lifted this week.

Is that right Rois?
So in essence you can fly in and out of Dublin without doing any tests?

Is that for all EU countries?

JimStynes

Going to France through Switzerland (from Dublin), don't need any tests to enter either country, just proof of vaccination and fill in locator forms.

We don't need a test to come back into Dublin, but technically need a lateral flow test before we leave France to come into the north, then Day 2 PCR test. At the minute we should also isolate but I expect the French restriction to be lifted this week.

I've proof of both jabs so technically could fly to Geneva through Dublin and then on into French Alps and home via Geneva. And all you need is a locator form?

bennydorano

Question - If I fly out of Belfast on my Irish Passport to Spain -  when I arrive am I entitled to follow EU rules because I've an Irish passport (no test required to enter)  or am I subject to third country rules because of the UK being the origin of my flight??

ziggy90

Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2021, 04:18:59 PM
Question - If I fly out of Belfast on my Irish Passport to Spain -  when I arrive am I entitled to follow EU rules because I've an Irish passport (no test required to enter)  or am I subject to third country rules because of the UK being the origin of my flight??
I'm in Slovakia at the moment travelling on an Irish passport and had to have  proof of full vaccination and a preflight PCR test (although no-one checked these).I also need a lateral flow test before return and proof of a paid two day PCR test on return.
Scam is a polite word for this "procedure"!
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Taylor

Quote from: ziggy90 on August 08, 2021, 04:53:20 PM
I'm in Slovakia at the moment travelling on an Irish passport and had to have  proof of full vaccination and a preflight PCR test (although no-one checked these).I also need a lateral flow test before return and proof of a paid two day PCR test on return.

I thought you needed tests before you leave and before you return home regardless if it is Dublin or Belfast.

But Rois seems to be saying you dont need tests if you fly out of/into Dublin

bennydorano

This looks a useful travel tool, gives if travelling from UK info too.

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/from-to/IRL/ESP

ziggy90

Quote from: Taylor on August 08, 2021, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on August 08, 2021, 04:53:20 PM

I thought you needed tests before you leave and before you return home regardless if it is Dublin or Belfast.

But Rois seems to be saying you dont need tests if you fly out of/into Dublin

That flight was in and out of Luton.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Taylor

Quote from: bennydorano on August 08, 2021, 05:29:47 PM
This looks a useful travel tool, gives if travelling from UK info too.

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/from-to/IRL/ESP

Thanks Benny.

Seems you do need a test to get back in to Dublin.

Rois was getting my hopes up  :-\

Rois

Quote from: JimStynes on August 08, 2021, 03:58:26 PM

I've proof of both jabs so technically could fly to Geneva through Dublin and then on into French Alps and home via Geneva. And all you need is a locator form?
Yeah the question is whether anyone checks that you are going north when you arrive back in Dublin. Technically to come north you should have the antigen test two days before and a Day 2 when you get back, but in reality, who checks, as I'd say the Irish staff at DUB don't care. Chances are I'll get cold feet and book all the tests 🤣
My in laws are just back from Ibiza on Irish passports but had to do the antigen and day 2 tests. Flew direct from Belfast. No one checked Day 2 tests.
We're off to the Alps in the morn.

Please go to the Irish government's page - if travelling to or from EU, if you are vaccinated, no travel related testing is required. https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/#travelling-to-ireland

Boycey

All the advice is getting confusing apologies in advance if I'm being dense....

A bit of a family mini crisis has arisen and i may have to travel to England tomorrow or next day. It's up in the air at present whether I'll fly or boat/drive. I'm double vacced and in possession of digital cert. What, if anything else, do i need to do?

From the South by the way.

TIA

screenexile

I've been charged with the COVID tests for a trip to Portugal in September.

Haven't been able to find an Antigen test available in the North that is on the EU approved list and isn't extortionate so looks like we'll be going with the Randox PCR test pre departure and day 2 which means having to travel and drop off the tests which hopefully won't be a major hassle I suppose.

Has anyone used the QURED test while away? One of the lads being very cautious and wants to head into town to get a PCR test to be sure to be sure but I don't think it's necessary and it would be much easier if we could all do our test in where we're at.

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on August 17, 2021, 10:01:01 AM
I've been charged with the COVID tests for a trip to Portugal in September.

Haven't been able to find an Antigen test available in the North that is on the EU approved list and isn't extortionate so looks like we'll be going with the Randox PCR test pre departure and day 2 which means having to travel and drop off the tests which hopefully won't be a major hassle I suppose.

Has anyone used the QURED test while away? One of the lads being very cautious and wants to head into town to get a PCR test to be sure to be sure but I don't think it's necessary and it would be much easier if we could all do our test in where we're at.
I'm heading away in October and I've been planning a sneaky NHS test for the outward leg, maybe my plan is rubbish