Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

U19s out at 1pm Mikhailov, not ideal on a sunday afternoon but probably the only space they could find. I agree 100% with all the fixture pile up you mention but it'd be some kick in the balls for games to get the green light and have to wait til july/August for a game.

All age grades running at same time presents serious headaches, especially for smaller clubs, but it's a necessary evil compared to having nothing during a lockdown. Will be much better next season when all (hopefully) is back to normal.

GJL

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 20, 2021, 04:36:51 PM
Great to see the u19 grade up and going. Seems to be more interest in it compared to the u21 grade. Great to have another grade as so many lads with bad birthdays were more or less done with football when they hit 16.5

Was there a proposal a few years ago to get rid of the 'bad birthdays'?  Seems much more logical to run the cut off for age groups in line with the school year instead of 31st December so kids can stay with their peer group up to minor age. Why did this not get changed?

Under Lights

I see a good few of the under 19 games didn't go ahead.

Good to see the start of the ACL this Friday Night. Game one you can't win the league but you can certainly lose it.

PMG1

Quote from: Under Lights on May 24, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Good to see the start of the ACL this Friday Night. Game one you can't win the league but you can certainly lose it.
The U19 league doesn't start to this weekend

LeoMc

Quote from: GJL on May 24, 2021, 12:56:25 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 20, 2021, 04:36:51 PM
Great to see the u19 grade up and going. Seems to be more interest in it compared to the u21 grade. Great to have another grade as so many lads with bad birthdays were more or less done with football when they hit 16.5

Was there a proposal a few years ago to get rid of the 'bad birthdays'?  Seems much more logical to run the cut off for age groups in line with the school year instead of 31st December so kids can stay with their peer group up to minor age. Why did this not get changed?
That just means someone else has a bad birthday. At least currently a bad birthday for club football is a good birthday for school football.

Mikhailov

Quote from: PMG1 on May 24, 2021, 04:22:44 PM

U19 league started yesterday according to the results on Tyrone website

Under Lights

Quote from: PMG1 on May 24, 2021, 04:22:44 PM

Someone needs to tell all the teams that played their first game yesterday that they got the wrong weekend

trailer

Tyrone95

Round 2 -

Pomeroy v Trillick

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran

Clonoe v Edendork

Omagh v Carrickmore

Galbally v Coalisland

Donaghmore v Killyclogher

Loughmacrory v Derrylaughan

Eglish v Ardboe

Moy v Dungannon

First weekend of action over - games coming thick and fast. Any stand out performances? Good to see youthful carmen side full of energy on Friday night. Fitness levels seemed very impressive which I'm sure all teams are with the long lay off.

Moonshine

Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 31, 2021, 11:48:37 AM
Round 2 -

Pomeroy v Trillick

Dromore v Errigal Ciaran

Clonoe v Edendork

Omagh v Carrickmore

Galbally v Coalisland

Donaghmore v Killyclogher

Loughmacrory v Derrylaughan

Eglish v Ardboe

Moy v Dungannon

First weekend of action over - games coming thick and fast. Any stand out performances? Good to see youthful carmen side full of energy on Friday night. Fitness levels seemed very impressive which I'm sure all teams are with the long lay off.

Bound to be fit they never stopped training during lockdown

Dire Ear

Tonight's Tyrone division 1 league results               Donaghmore 1.12  Killyclogher 1.11.                             Eglish 3.9.   Ardboe 2.14                                                    Dromore 1.14   E Ciarian  1.8.                                           Loughmacrory 1.10, Derrylaughan 1.6                            Omagh 4.5, Carrickmore 3.15                                         Galbally 2.10, Coalisland 1.16.                                        Clonoe 7.12  Edendork 0.10,                                             Moy 4.11, Dungannon 2.15.                                                Trillick 1.15     Pomeroy 1.8

redzone

Any match reports from the games. First 2 rounds look to have had some grt games

Dire Ear

Clonoe ex Tyrone boys making a statement ?

trailer

Dungannon bate again. Hangover from the Championship?