Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

I agree - although I think Teague was on the panel last year, he just didn't get any game time.

There maybe some changes in personnel on the outer fringes of the panel but it is going to be very difficult to break into a 26 man match day panel when you consider that the AI final 26 men didn't include Rory Brennan, Richie Donnelly or Lee Brennan. On top of that there were another 8/10 lads who were involved also got training purposes and in house games. Total was 40/42.

There is some brilliant talent in the county not involved in the county set up, exceptional to be honest but it takes a serious commitment to play or stay involved with a county team when you are not getting much game time. The effort required nowadays is basically full time - therein lies the problem.

toby47

Quote from: God14 on November 02, 2021, 08:04:47 AM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on November 01, 2021, 11:36:08 PM
Thuraly enjoying the club championship this year. Best 14 quid I ever spent was on Tyrone📺. You literally couldn't write a better script for sheer entertainment this past weekend.

I can tell you something for nothing boys, Brian and Fergal are going to have a wile handlin trying to pick their team for 2022. Not a bad complaint to have. Some talent in the County.

I dont think there will be too much tinkering with the panel. Two players who have massively stood out for me would be Dungannon's Paudie McNulty & Dromores Peter Teague.

Would Emmett McNabb have a chance? Is he still playing soccer?

Onthe40

Quote from: WT4E on November 01, 2021, 09:16:39 PM
Not to get involved in the annual Clonoe/Coalisland slag off but just saw Cormac O'Hagan's interview after the game. Thought it very strange - I think he said that last 20 years Coalisland and Carrickmore have been the Championship teams.  ???

In the last 20 years Errigal have 4, Dromore have 3 along with Carrickmore and Coalisland come in with a host of clubs on 2 (Had they not of transferred in the big Killyman man in 2010 I don't think they even would have won it! I can see that one pinned on the Dromore dressing room!

Yeah i think Cormac is waffling a bit there.. Omagh, Trillick have 2 championships, omagh mightve been in 4 finals in that period.. Killyclogher have been in maybe 4 as well..

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 02, 2021, 08:27:18 AM
I agree - although I think Teague was on the panel last year, he just didn't get any game time.

There maybe some changes in personnel on the outer fringes of the panel but it is going to be very difficult to break into a 26 man match day panel when you consider that the AI final 26 men didn't include Rory Brennan, Richie Donnelly or Lee Brennan. On top of that there were another 8/10 lads who were involved also got training purposes and in house games. Total was 40/42.

There is some brilliant talent in the county not involved in the county set up, exceptional to be honest but it takes a serious commitment to play or stay involved with a county team when you are not getting much game time. The effort required nowadays is basically full time - therein lies the problem.

In all honesty what have Richie Donnelly or Lee ever done at senior inter county level, for it to be a surprise they aren't making the 26?

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: clarshack on November 01, 2021, 10:38:35 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on November 01, 2021, 09:59:29 PM
Am I right in saying some of the Fianna boys are playing on there 6th Senior Final? They might not be that easy beat?

If you include a replay in 2016 then I think yes the likes of Kane, Kerr, McNally and Toner are now on 6 finals since 2007.

Some service from those lads and you'll do well to find better more consistent club players over the last 10 years

On the panel question, I think the championship has shown what depth we have. You could literally take 10 out of the current squad, replace them with 10 not currently in it and it wouldn't take away from the overall strength.

Never Give Up

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on November 02, 2021, 10:49:41 AM
Am I right in saying some of the Fianna boys are playing on there 6th Senior Final? They might not be that easy beat?

If you include a replay in 2016 then I think yes the likes of Kane, Kerr, McNally and Toner are now on 6 finals since 2007.

Some service from those lads and you'll do well to find better more consistent club players over the last 10 years

On the panel question, I think the championship has shown what depth we have. You could literally take 10 out of the current squad, replace them with 10 not currently in it and it wouldn't take away from the overall strength.

Can any of the lads not on the squad actually score a point from play?  ;D

clarshack

The Fianna will do well to replace Kane and McNally with the same quality of player when they decide to hang up the boots.

tiempo

Quote from: clarshack on November 02, 2021, 01:52:29 PM

The Fianna will do well to replace Kane and McNally with the same quality of player when they decide to hang up the boots.

They wont. Could see Kane managing Tyrone one day, would have the pick of underage/development appointments in years to come when finished playing.

Onthe40

why do you say that?
an excellent player doesnt necessarily transition to excellent coach/manager

entirely different

bigtogs

Quote from: tiempo on November 02, 2021, 03:22:04 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 02, 2021, 01:52:29 PM

They wont. Could see Kane managing Tyrone one day, would have the pick of underage/development appointments in years to come when finished playing.

He might go back to Brackaville to finish out his career.

LeoMc

Quote from: Onthe40 on November 02, 2021, 10:21:16 AM
Not to get involved in the annual Clonoe/Coalisland slag off but just saw Cormac O'Hagan's interview after the game. Thought it very strange - I think he said that last 20 years Coalisland and Carrickmore have been the Championship teams.  ???

In the last 20 years Errigal have 4, Dromore have 3 along with Carrickmore and Coalisland come in with a host of clubs on 2 (Had they not of transferred in the big Killyman man in 2010 I don't think they even would have won it! I can see that one pinned on the Dromore dressing room!

Yeah i think Cormac is waffling a bit there.. Omagh, Trillick have 2 championships, omagh mightve been in 4 finals in that period.. Killyclogher have been in maybe 4 as well..

From a quick review of the last 20 years (01-20) a quick tally shows:
Errrigal & Carrickmore: 8 appearances each, both with 3 wins and a draw.
Dromore: 6 (3w)
Killyclogher 6 (2w 1d)
Coalisland: 5 (2w 1d)
Dromore and Coalisland will add at least 1 more appearance each whilst Errigal and Carrickmore will drop by 1 this year.
That will leave 3 clubs on 7 appearances each. Dromore on at least 3 wins, Errigal on 3 wins, Carrickmore on 2

Tyrone95

Quote from: LeoMc on November 02, 2021, 04:02:41 PM

Killyclogher 6 (2w 1d)
Dromore and Coalisland will add at least 1 more appearance each whilst Errigal and Carrickmore will drop by 1 this year.
That will leave 3 clubs on 7 appearances each. Dromore on at least 3 wins, Errigal on 3 wins, Carrickmore on 2

Errigal will add to their tally next year. Strong favourites.. again

Snapchap

Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 02, 2021, 04:13:34 PM

Killyclogher 6 (2w 1d)

Early favourites for Ulster in 2022 if you ask me. Hard to see anyone stopping them.

LeoMc

Quote from: Snapchap on November 02, 2021, 04:39:28 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on November 02, 2021, 04:13:34 PM

Killyclogher 6 (2w 1d)

Early favourites for Ulster in 2022 if you ask me. Hard to see anyone stopping them.
May need a new Manager Psychologist first.

mysticmac

What would make Errigal favourites again next year