Limerick v Dublin

Started by Hound, February 08, 2007, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

the original thread appears to have been eaten, so we'll start again.

The game is on at 2pm on Saturday in the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick.

It'll be Limerick's first game of the NFL as their opening fixture was postponed.

Dublin's four midfielders, Whelan, Ryan, Magee and O'Mahoney are all carrying injuries, so thats an area Limerick may look to capitalise on. I understand that Whelan has all but been ruled out, Magee is 50/50, O'Mahoney should be ok, not sure about Ryan.

Ross McConnell's suspension is over and he played midfield for DCU in their hammering of UL yesterday. So he may come into contention for a place. Bernard Brogan also played in that game for DCU and notched 1-5. Paul Casey played at wing back, but no sign of Bryan Cullen.

mannix

Infact the original thread was not eaten at all, it was fouled by the dublin midfield and had to go off injured.Luckily there is a second half and thats where dublin usually fall, after pillar does some of his "magical substituions".

tayto

;D

Good that Mcconnell is back, seem to be seriously short on options for the middle.

I'd go for the following:

Clluxton

Griffin - O'Shea - SoS

Casey - Cahill - Henry

-- Ryan - McConnell --

Connolly - Brogan - Cullen

B.Brogan - Keaney - Quinn

I know bonner and Dotsy have done well so far but I think Bonner and Keaney are both best at 14, maybe give bonner a run and bring on Keaney, and i think b.brogan deserves a run at this stage. I know cullen is our best CHB but i think he has the ability to kickstart the forwards and sweep up ball could be vital further forward and Cahill is very good at 6. also play Magee or O'Mahony if fit.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

... oh ... shit ... is he? .... i was expecting all sorts of flack for suggesting moving Cullen ...

Hound

Two changes to the Dublin team, the vice captain replaces the captain and McConnell takes O'Mahoney's place at midfield:

S Cluxton

P Griffin, N O'Shea, D Henry
P Casey, B Cullen, G Brennan

D Magee, R McConnell

D Murray, A Brogan, D Connolly
D O'Callaghan, K Bonner, C Keaney

Subs: J Leonard, B Cahill, S Ryan, C Goggins, J Magee, C Moran, D O'Mahony, T Quinn, S O'Shaughnessy, D Lally, B Brogan, C Prendeville, P Burke.

....looking forward to my first visit to the Gaelic Grounds

tayto

Considering whos missing that's not a bad team, can;t make it to limerick, is it on the box at all?

Hound

I would have liked to see Bernard Brogan get a start - but given that he played for DCU in midweek and that he'll play for them again this week, its probably a sensible decision (although TBH I very much doubt thats the reason he wasnt picked, otherwise Casey would have got a rest!). In any event there's still five games left after this for BB to get chances, and Dotsie and Murray probably deserve another run.

tayto

exactly my thoughts on b.brogan, he seems to score well just about every time he lines out.

tayto

Where's the limerick football fans got to? ... shockin lack of banter on this thread ...  :-[

Gnevin

Quote from: tayto on February 09, 2007, 05:11:54 PM
Where's the limerick football fans got to? ... shockin lack of banter on this thread ...  :-[

Paper is saying this should be a cake walk, i'm worried now
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

Gnevin

The Herald say

"Shannon cruiser for Dubs"

tayto

Should have known it was the heddald.

shark

Quote from: Hound on February 09, 2007, 07:38:04 AM
Two changes to the Dublin team, the vice captain replaces the captain and McConnell takes O'Mahoney's place at midfield:

S Cluxton

P Griffin, N O'Shea, D Henry
P Casey, B Cullen, G Brennan

D Magee, R McConnell

D Murray, A Brogan, D Connolly
D O'Callaghan, K Bonner, C Keaney

Subs: J Leonard, B Cahill, S Ryan, C Goggins, J Magee, C Moran, D O'Mahony, T Quinn, S O'Shaughnessy, D Lally, B Brogan, C Prendeville, P Burke.

....looking forward to my first visit to the Gaelic Grounds

Where has Donnacha Reilly gone to? Was starting a few games in the O'Byrne Cup.