Dublin v Tyrone

Started by downredblack, December 13, 2006, 03:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Doea that streaker look a bit like johnny magee?

Over the Bar

I know I;ve asked this before but has anyone recorded the game? ???

Star Spangler

Over the Bar

QuoteYes I have it recorded.

Star Spangler I've sent you a message.

ziggysego

QuoteMcMenamin is handed four-week ban

Tyrone's Ryan McMenamin has escaped with a four-week ban after his sending off in Saturday's Allianz National Football League win over Dublin.

His clash with Dublin's Kevin Bonner was deemed to be within the less serious kicking offence category so he avoided an eight-week suspension.

McMenamin will miss this weekend's NFL clash against Fermanagh and the game against Cork later this month.

He will also miss Tuesday's McKenna Cup semi-final against Monaghan.

McMenamin will also be ruled out of the McKenna Cup final against Donegal on 18 February if the Red Hands beat Monaghan in next weekend's floodlit semi-final.

It has emerged this week that the longest ban that the Tyrone player could have got was eight weeks, following rule changes that came into effect this year.

Previously, 12-week bans had been in place for serious kicking offences.

McMenamin appeared to kick Dublin forward Kevin Bonner late in Saturday's floodlit contest at Croke Park.

The Tyrone corner-back was involved in a verbal spat with Dublin manager Paul Caffrey as he walked off the pitch following his dismissal.

The Dromore man captained his side in the historic Croke Park clash with the Dubs, and now manager Mickey Harte will have to appoint a third skipper in the space of a few weeks.

Regular captain Brian Dooher is still out of action through injury, and Harte is likely to turn to Sean Cavanagh, who led the team in two McKenna Cup games during January.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/6342741.stm
Testing Accessibility

Over the Bar

Just watched the game again on Setanta.  Anyone else notice that the studio pundits weren't in Croke park at all and the view of the stadium through the "window" was in fact a picture?  And a bad grainey one at that.  ;D