Author Topic: Official Cavan GAA Thread  (Read 2064642 times)

mrdeeds

• View Profile
Re: Official Cavan GAA Thread
« Reply #15930 on: July 31, 2021, 12:23:06 PM »
I'm more worried about underage and the one good thing about the podcast was they played the interview by Gary Farrelly which was embarrassing in the extreme, blaming everything from covid to weather to injuries for the loss. You'd think a decent manager would say he'd look at himself and his set up and broader the county set up. He'd just lost to Fermanagh in Breffni. At least the Seniors can point to recent success. Someone oversees the underage approach in cavan, they have failed miserably and should be held accountable and replaced.

I don't think that's fair. That man is fully committed to the job and not distracted by two other jobs.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: July 31, 2021, 01:19:35 PM »
I'm more worried about underage and the one good thing about the podcast was they played the interview by Gary Farrelly which was embarrassing in the extreme, blaming everything from covid to weather to injuries for the loss. You'd think a decent manager would say he'd look at himself and his set up and broader the county set up. He'd just lost to Fermanagh in Breffni. At least the Seniors can point to recent success. Someone oversees the underage approach in cavan, they have failed miserably and should be held accountable and replaced.

I don't think that's fair. That man is fully committed to the job and not distracted by two other jobs.

Committed to the job and failed miserly. The county coaching officer (or whatever the correct title is) should also be moved on as he has also completely failed in his role. There should be very loud alarm bells going off in Cavan GAA HQ at the moment.

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #15932 on: July 31, 2021, 04:21:10 PM »
One thing I can understand is the type of player we are choosing to go with. The minors were noticeably physically smaller than their Fermanagh counterparts. The U21s were completely outdone physically against Down. It's so strange when the hallmark of our successful teams and in particular the 2011 Minors (which was the bedrock of most of what we've achieved since) was the decision to go with lads that were bigger and most played midfield for their clubs. That's the way the game is gone, lads like TED and probably Lovett just aren't going to make it through to senior level.

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: August 04, 2021, 10:13:23 AM »

Committed to the job and failed miserly. The county coaching officer (or whatever the correct title is) should also be moved on as he has also completely failed in his role. There should be very loud alarm bells going off in Cavan GAA HQ at the moment.

That's the next Senior Cavan manager that you are talking about whenever MG decides to move on/removed.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: August 04, 2021, 10:16:42 AM »

That's the next Senior Cavan manager that you are talking about whenever MG decides to move on/removed.

Sad but probably true, although I am not sure how he could talk through his CV in a positive way.

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: August 04, 2021, 11:14:35 AM »

Sad but probably true, although I am not sure how he could talk through his CV in a positive way.

I was been sarcastic about fully committed. Sure he has three GAA jobs alone.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: August 04, 2021, 12:41:12 PM »

I was been sarcastic about fully committed. Sure he has three GAA jobs alone.

Ah sorry, i see now what you were saying.

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #15937 on: August 09, 2021, 01:43:59 PM »
Fermanagh Minors beat Cavan Minors in comfortable enough fashion and go on to lose by 30 points to Tyrone. That really is rock bottom, hopefully this will prompt change.

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: August 09, 2021, 02:39:58 PM »
Fermanagh Minors beat Cavan Minors in comfortable enough fashion and go on to lose by 30 points to Tyrone. That really is rock bottom, hopefully this will prompt change.

It has been a year to forget and i don't have much faith in the County Board to make the required changes whatever they might be.

Minors losing to Fermanagh
U-20 beat out the gate
Seniors relegated to Division 4 and limping out of the championship

3 Successive relegation's
County Senior Management involved with Club teams
Player home from Australia a wet week starting USFC game

Anyone any ideas how we can improve our county teams or do we not have the players?

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #15939 on: August 09, 2021, 10:26:35 PM »
I see coaching officers taking the WeAreCavan lads to task on Twitter about claiming we don't do U14 or U15 Development Squads when we do in fact. I think they'd be better advised keep their heads down because development looks non-existent at this point.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15940 on: August 10, 2021, 08:15:04 AM »
I see coaching officers taking the WeAreCavan lads to task on Twitter about claiming we don't do U14 or U15 Development Squads when we do in fact. I think they'd be better advised keep their heads down because development looks non-existent at this point.

I was awful tempted to ask them do they not have something more important to be worrying about, rather than tweeting to wearecavan. Maybe they should go on the podcast and tell them where its going wrong and what they are doing to fix it?

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: August 10, 2021, 09:34:17 AM »

I was awful tempted to ask them do they not have something more important to be worrying about, rather than tweeting to wearecavan. Maybe they should go on the podcast and tell them where its going wrong and what they are doing to fix it?

Could be time to refresh the coaching staff in there.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: August 10, 2021, 10:26:12 AM »

Could be time to refresh the coaching staff in there.

Says a lot about that guy when that's what he chose to tweet about and in fairness to Paul Fitz he called it out that they were bringing flack upon themselves by asking questions. I would say these boys didn't like the idea of accountability, but when you get paid to do a job you should be accountable for the results.

Cavan19

• View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: August 20, 2021, 03:15:02 PM »
Has there been any write up in the Celt about  the disastrous year for all our senior mens teams?

Look-Up!

• View Profile
« Reply #15944 on: August 20, 2021, 04:18:43 PM »
I'd say a lot of apathy has set in for football fans regarding county. More interest in club competitions for now although probably hard to get a discussion going on that as difficult to see too many games especially involving different clubs other than your own.

Time will tell what the interest will be committing to county for next year once the club competitions are over. Beggars belief this management are still in charge, especially their cavalier attitude and two fingered approach to Cavan football since relegation and championship exit. Accountability or remedy doesn't even come into it, more interested in their extracurricular football activities. Cavan football team only a nuisance to them, apart from the money of course. That comes in handy.