Ground Naming Rights

Started by Itchy, January 15, 2024, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Pairc ui chaoimh going to be called SuperValu park.

Anyone else hate this shite, a century of history distinguished for a few euro.

Not a fan of the Kingspan Breffni shite either. It's Breffni Park and I refuse to call it anything other than that.

Seems everything is for sale these days.

Kidder81

Considering the state of Corks finances due to building PUC, it's hardly a surprise.

Armagh18

We're the same. Be a cold day in hell before I call it the box it athletic grounds. Another shitty soccer trend coming into our game.

Itchy

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 15, 2024, 09:28:46 PMConsidering the state of Corks finances due to building PUC, it's hardly a surprise.

It's not a surprise but I don't like it.

Blowitupref

I never call stadiums by their brand name nor do I rarely type it up here when posting fixtures.

Don't think I'll stop calling it Pairc ui chaoimh either.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 09:30:02 PMWe're the same. Be a cold day in hell before I call it the box it athletic grounds. Another shitty soccer trend coming into our game.

Then feckers in Soccerball, ruining it for everybody. Next football players will be kicking the ball. Time to bring the Foreign Code Ban back in.

naka

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 09:30:02 PMWe're the same. Be a cold day in hell before I call it the box it athletic grounds. Another shitty soccer trend coming into our game.

It's easy money
Don't think anyone will call it anything other than the athletic grounds

seafoid

In the old days they changed the spelling and the pronunciation eg Landsdowne Road.
I don't like calling it the Aviva. Sponsors come and go. The League Cup in England has had so many names.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: naka on January 16, 2024, 08:26:56 AM

It's easy money

It is easy money but is nothing sacred anymore.

Imagine if HQ was called Coke Park, with a giant Coca Cola sign to greet you as you arrive. Would people stand for that, I doubt it. I think there are somethings you just leave alone.

bennydorano

Quote from: naka on January 16, 2024, 08:26:56 AM

It's easy money
I still call it the MAGA after Hughie.

Rossfan

The Sponsor's name will be used by media and on official announcements, programmes etc.
To everyone else it will be Breffni, De Páirc or whatever.

As for the principle...how many years have we had the Allianz League, Jersey sponsorship, "partners" etc.

If some Company had their name on the Hyde I'd live with it if it stopped it becoming as run down as it became a few years ago.
Paint, replacing seats, well maintained toilets, decent dressing rooms, showers, tarmac walk ways...
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2024, 09:57:51 AMThe Sponsor's name will be used by media and on official announcements, programmes etc.

As for the principle...how many years have we had the Allianz League, Jersey sponsorship, "partners" etc.

If some Company had their name on the Hyde I'd live with it if it stopped it becoming as run down as it became a few years ago.
Paint, replacing seats, well maintained toilets, decent dressing rooms, showers, tarmac walk ways...

I would say it is more likely the extra money will instead go into the black hole for preparing your senior team - yoga, mindfulness and a plethora of extra Gurus. Some volunteer will be asked to paint the walls for free.

Shamrock Shore

Longford are hoping to change the naming rights of the County Grounds to Elon Musk Pearse Park in 2025.

We need 5 million for the Cinntir of Excellence that is planned for next door.

clarshack

If Casement ever gets built the same will eventually happen to it.

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on January 16, 2024, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2024, 09:57:51 AMThe Sponsor's name will be used by media and on official announcements, programmes etc.

I would say it is more likely the extra money will instead go into the black hole for preparing your senior team - yoga, mindfulness and a plethora of extra Gurus. Some volunteer will be asked to paint the walls for free.

In your opinion of course ;) as you're not a prophet
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM