Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Back to basics......

Starts 4 weeks Friday, the transfer market should spring into life a bit now that the circus of the Euros is over.

Obviously Liverpool to romp to a 20 point win with Big Virg back in the saddle.

Bring it on.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM
Back to basics......

Starts 4 weeks Friday, the transfer market should spring into life a bit now that the circus of the Euros is over.

Obviously Liverpool to romp to a 20 point win with Big Virg back in the saddle.

Bring it on.

Good to know you accept what's gonna happen ;). In all seriousness though really looking forward to this season. What happens transfer wise over the next few weeks will determine where things go. I think it will be a very close season. City will strengthen, United will add to Sancho, Chelsea will strengthen, I hope LFC will get at least 1 more player in. How players recover from the Euros will be very important. No predictions at this stage.

Kickham csc

How many Liverpool, Man U, Man C, Chelsea, etc players had intensive Euro / Copa campaigns.

That's going to play are part in the league aswell

Nanderson

Quote from: Kickham csc on July 12, 2021, 05:23:34 PM
How many Liverpool, Man U, Man C, Chelsea, etc players had intensive Euro / Copa campaigns.

Think Rashford should be going for his surgery now as well so he will have a delayed start to the season

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on July 12, 2021, 07:30:09 PM
Quote from: Kickham csc on July 12, 2021, 05:23:34 PM

Think Rashford should be going for his surgery now as well so he will have a delayed start to the season
Hopefully he gets it and gets himself back to 100%. Sancho coming in will lessen the load, plus Greenwood has another year under his belt and a summer off so expect big things from him. And Martial if he stays couldnt be as bad as he was last season.

AnGaelGearmanach

Anybody any bold predictions? I think Leeds will suffer a strong case of second season syndrome and be fighting for survival. I also believe Aston Villa will push into the top 7 or so and will be pushing for Europa League football. Fancy United/Liverpool to dethrone City.

J70

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 16, 2021, 01:52:41 PM
Anybody any bold predictions? I think Leeds will suffer a strong case of second season syndrome and be fighting for survival. I also believe Aston Villa will push into the top 7 or so and will be pushing for Europa League football. Fancy United/Liverpool to dethrone City.

And if Kane and Grealish are signed by Pep?

I do think the winners will have to hit the mid-90s in terms of points.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2021, 01:54:36 PM

Couldn't see Pep signing both but possibly one of them. You are correct there is no doubt both of them are serious losses to their clubs and serious gains for City. However, I can't see Kane moving away this year but Grealish probably will. I thought Villa were formidable enough last year in his absence. Early days yet but.

Captain Obvious

Liverpools league title to lose and so long as they don't lose it 2nd, 3rd should be a battle between Chelsea and Manchester City.

4th spot likely decided on the final day with Leicester, Manchester United, Everton and Tottenham hoping to grab it.

Relegation Watford, Norwich and Crystal Palace I think.

laoislad

Which United? There are 4 of them in the league.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 16, 2021, 01:57:28 PM

Couldn't see Pep signing both but possibly one of them. You are correct there is no doubt both of them are serious losses to their clubs and serious gains for City. However, I can't see Kane moving away this year but Grealish probably will. I thought Villa were formidable enough last year in his absence. Early days yet but.

Supposedly Pep wants them both, if Villa and Spurs agree to sell.

But who knows what will end up happening?

https://theathletic.com/2706821/2021/07/15/manchester-city-transfers-champions-determined-to-sign-both-kane-and-grealish/

shark

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2021, 02:14:37 PM

https://theathletic.com/2706821/2021/07/15/manchester-city-transfers-champions-determined-to-sign-both-kane-and-grealish/

That article covers every single base possible. It's quite clear the author hasn't a notion what is going on. But I guess saying that won't sell subscriptions. City can want them all they want but they have 3 (Kane) and 4 (Grealish) years left on their contracts. Levy never lets his players go easy, and Villa('s owners) are so wealthy that they simply don't need the cash.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: shark on July 16, 2021, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2021, 02:14:37 PM

Seen a few videos doing the rounds on whatsapp of Jack Grealish off his head on drugs with which looked like coke on his nose. I hope he can nip this craic in the bud as he has high expectations next season

That article covers every single base possible. It's quite clear the author hasn't a notion what is going on. But I guess saying that won't sell subscriptions. City can want them all they want but they have 3 (Kane) and 4 (Grealish) years left on their contracts. Levy never lets his players go easy, and Villa('s owners) are so wealthy that they simply don't need the cash.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2021, 02:09:19 PM

As long as people makes comments like this there will always be only one Utd...  :)

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on July 16, 2021, 05:31:03 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2021, 02:09:19 PM

As long as people makes comments like this there will always be only one Utd...  :)

Fanad Utd, hearty men who wear 90mins of ferocious North Atlantic wind-burn as a badge of honour.