St. Brigid's vs. Crossmaglen Rangers - All-Ireland Senior Club Semi-final 2013

Started by Syferus, November 25, 2012, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the best move of the game?

Cake's super hop after getting up from a dastardly jab by Callagher
5 (29.4%)
Cake's girating on the floor after said jab
8 (47.1%)
Cake making Jamie Clarke so fearful that he passed the ball despite being one-on-one with the keeper
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

stew

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 16, 2013, 03:25:11 PM
2-7 to 1-9 for Brigids. Everything went for them today.

Thought Deegan was poor.

Good for Armagh?

Who know's if it will be or not, now is not the time to ponder that, now is the time to let these lads licks their wounds, heal up and in a month start thinking about the county set up.

BTW, Cross are incredible, they are a machine and they will be back, and I for one take great pride in the fact that they are from Armagh............ Having said that the Harps have some tremendous young talent coming up and I am hoping that in the years to come they can knock the snout out of them. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

yellowcard

Quote from: stew on February 17, 2013, 02:24:34 PM

Thought Deegan was poor.

Good for Armagh?

Who know's if it will be or not, now is not the time to ponder that, now is the time to let these lads licks their wounds, heal up and in a month start thinking about the county set up.

BTW, Cross are incredible, they are a machine and they will be back, and I for one take great pride in the fact that they are from Armagh............ Having said that the Harps have some tremendous young talent coming up and I am hoping that in the years to come they can knock the snout out of them. ;D

Are you serious? Give them a month off and take them back in when the League is almost over? For some of them like McKeown, Morgan and Hanratty their county career has barely started and this is an opportunity for them to put their credentials on the line. If they require this week off I would give it to them but beyond that they should be involved for the following weekends match.

Lar Naparka

Great pic of Cake in the Sindo sports section today. I think it would be an understatement to say he was happy at the result. ;)
I'm delighted for him and I hope he is just as happy after the next game.
A great character down the years but he was also a superb goalie and never let his clowning get in the way of his primary duties.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

stew

Quote from: yellowcard on February 17, 2013, 04:59:23 PM

Thought Deegan was poor.

Good for Armagh?

Are you serious? Give them a month off and take them back in when the League is almost over? For some of them like McKeown, Morgan and Hanratty their county career has barely started and this is an opportunity for them to put their credentials on the line. If they require this week off I would give it to them but beyond that they should be involved for the following weekends match.

You are right, lets tell them not to worry about the fact they have being going at it for nigh on a year straight and that we dont give a feck about their health, lets throw them right into county play and dont give them a chance to process the Cross loss and the fact that their main goal of the past year has been crushed.

Bate them into the ground shure, after all there is said to be no rest for the wicked and everyone knows Cross are the evil empire. :P

INDIANA

Not surprised. Predicted this 4 months ago.

Could be really mean and pull out the posts from crossbar and co.

But I won't........ ;D

stew

Quote from: INDIANA on February 17, 2013, 07:14:25 PM

But I won't........ ;D

Blind squirrels and acorns and all that, you really, really stink at predictions Indy but hey, you got this one spot on, congrats!

yellowcard

Quote from: stew on February 17, 2013, 06:21:59 PM

Thought Deegan was poor.

Good for Armagh?

You are right, lets tell them not to worry about the fact they have being going at it for nigh on a year straight and that we dont give a feck about their health, lets throw them right into county play and dont give them a chance to process the Cross loss and the fact that their main goal of the past year has been crushed.

Bate them into the ground shure, after all there is said to be no rest for the wicked and everyone knows Cross are the evil empire. :P

What about all the other players in the squad who have had Sigerson committments, Decky McKenna who has been with Harps U21s, players training with U21 county have they not been flogged to death as well, only most of them had no success.

Cross took a months break after the Ulster campaign and began their preparation for the AI semi final around the turn of the year. They will have trained extremely hard in preparation for the AI semi final and your now suggesting a break of another month to help them digest a loss. Come on, its undoubtedly disappointing for them but plenty of other players have to take defeat and move on. In any case I think some of the players involved will be keen to integrate themselves into the county set up soon enough and some of them may even wish to play this weekend. I don't see any problem giving them a week off but after the Wexford game i would expect to see them back involved.

What it does do though is highlight the stupidity in playing the semi finals of a competition 12 weeks after the previous round. The hardest stage of the club series to fall at is probably the AI semi final since all the hard work has been done with nothing additional to show for it. In the interest of player welfare and indeed the momentum built around the club series it would be far better to play the final before Christmas.

stew

Quote from: yellowcard on February 17, 2013, 09:12:12 PM

Thought Deegan was poor.

Good for Armagh?

What about all the other players in the squad who have had Sigerson committments, Decky McKenna who has been with Harps U21s, players training with U21 county have they not been flogged to death as well, only most of them had no success.

Cross took a months break after the Ulster campaign and began their preparation for the AI semi final around the turn of the year. They will have trained extremely hard in preparation for the AI semi final and your now suggesting a break of another month to help them digest a loss. Come on, its undoubtedly disappointing for them but plenty of other players have to take defeat and move on. In any case I think some of the players involved will be keen to integrate themselves into the county set up soon enough and some of them may even wish to play this weekend. I don't see any problem giving them a week off but after the Wexford game i would expect to see them back involved.

What it does do though is highlight the stupidity in playing the semi finals of a competition 12 weeks after the previous round. The hardest stage of the club series to fall at is probably the AI semi final since all the hard work has been done with nothing additional to show for it. In the interest of player welfare and indeed the momentum built around the club series it would be far better to play the final before Christmas.

You seem to think this is new territory for Cross, it's not, for the guts of the past decade their players have slogged their guts out for both club and county, the lads you mentioned are relative newcomers to the Armagh panel but still they slog their guts out and I would not be surprised if they break down physically with injuries due to the fact their season tends to last ten months.

I agree with you that the delay is ridiculous, the GAA should help both club and county teams out by having the Club championship finished well before Christmas.

Orchardman

But I won't........ ;D

Lol, good man, i hope you had plenty of money on it as you were so sure of it. More likely you didn't though as you havn't a clue. Your just raging cause ballymum will likely win it now while your own club are no where to be seen

yellowcard

Quote from: stew on February 17, 2013, 10:19:02 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 17, 2013, 09:12:12 PM

Thought Deegan was poor.

Good for Armagh?

You seem to think this is new territory for Cross, it's not, for the guts of the past decade their players have slogged their guts out for both club and county, the lads you mentioned are relative newcomers to the Armagh panel but still they slog their guts out and I would not be surprised if they break down physically with injuries due to the fact their season tends to last ten months.

I agree with you that the delay is ridiculous, the GAA should help both club and county teams out by having the Club championship finished well before Christmas.

I definitely have a lot of sympathy with the Cross players training like dogs waiting 12 weeks on one match only to fall at the penultimate hurdle. Crokes and Brigids have fared even worse by training for semi finals in the last few years but still yet to realise success at the end of it. The GAA preach player welfare and want to decrease the training/match ratio and yet they still have this 12 week gap between rounds of a competition.

Syferus

Quote from: Orchardman on February 17, 2013, 10:41:31 PM

But I won't........ ;D

Lol, good man, i hope you had plenty of money on it as you were so sure of it. More likely you didn't though as you havn't a clue. Your just raging cause ballymum will likely win it now while your own club are no where to be seen

Ah here now. Three batings in as many years and at pretty much every meaningful grade and the Apples are still writing off the Sheep.  :'(

Winnie Peg

was glad to see Cross beat on saturday. now maybe someone will inform them that the GAA exists outside crossmaglen and they will start representing their county  Thought it was reprehensive and cowardly what the Kernan boy did stamping on the St Brigids lads hand

armaghniac

Quotenow maybe someone will inform them that the GAA exists outside crossmaglen

Well it obviously exists in Kiltoom anyway. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

Quotenow maybe someone will inform them that the GAA exists outside crossmaglen and they will start representing their county

If ye hang on until after the game v Longford I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

armaghniac

QuoteIf ye hang on until after the game v Longford I would appreciate it.

If Longford beat Armagh they'll not only be sending for Cross' players, but also for a manager.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B