Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreen

Flanker

CJ has been a serious talent in the making for a good few years now. Has been standout in every team he has been on.
Has another year at that level as well. If he continues to develop he will be a serious player at the highest level.
A word for the coaching ticket there as well. A well prepared team.

bannside

CB has been telling me about CJ for about 20 years now and it looks like he might actually have got this one right. Another coaching managerial shout out to Ronan Devlin and Antrim legend Kevin Brady.

Saffsof82

Big pat on the bench tomorrow I see

imtommygunn

Is that his brother playing for magherafelt?

Saffsof82

imtommygunn

Him and Johnston are two boys I have read about for a few years. Didn't realise they were so young. Three cargin boys on the team and a portglenone and Antrim boy on the subs.

Sportacus

Conhuir Johnson is a phenomenal footballer.  Delighted to see him shine in MacRory, playing against the best.

JimStynes

Wouldn't get too carried away lads. Sure it's only Macrory cup football, it's not that important  ::)

GAABoardMod5

Quote from: Sportacus on January 28, 2022, 10:32:52 PM
Conhuir Johnson is a phenomenal footballer.  Delighted to see him shine in MacRory, playing against the best.

Ceist:  how does one pronounce "Conhuir"?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 28, 2022, 10:56:24 PM
Wouldn't get too carried away lads. Sure it's only Macrory cup football, it's not that important  ::)

Did your lads no good  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on January 28, 2022, 11:04:05 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on January 28, 2022, 10:32:52 PM
Conor

Ceist:  how does one pronounce "Conhuir"?

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2022, 11:06:06 PM

Antrim could maybe put on a few buses and start bringing all the good footballers from Antrim to the good football schools in the different counties. Run a wee taxi bus from Belfast if they could fill it.

rogercasement

Quote from: JimStynes on January 28, 2022, 11:12:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2022, 11:06:06 PM

Black taxi

Antrim could maybe put on a few buses and start bringing all the good footballers from Antrim to the good football schools in the different counties. Run a wee taxi bus from Belfast if they could fill it.

JimStynes

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 28, 2022, 10:25:29 PM
Him and Johnston are two boys I have read about for a few years. Didn't realise they were so young. Three cargin boys on the team and a portglenone and Antrim boy on the subs.

Those boys will be getting the best of coaching and basically training and living like professional footballers during their school days. I can't understand how people don't see the benefits of Macrory cup football or even top end mcclarnon cup level. The boys at club level obviously need to be good enough to get on the panels but that type of football can bring decent footballers on that they become excellent footballers in the space of a year or 2. They are also in the shop window for Universities and access to top level football there too. Antrim need to start getting all of their schools competitive and winning C level and B level football competitions asap!  and then start thinking about getting competitive in Macrory.