Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

martin sludden will ref the final as part of his return to the big time

sandwiches_in_the_boot

IMO McNamee's the best referee in the county from the games I've seen him ref, pity the grading system's a disaster.

When a referee gets the player's respect, they'll respect the decisions. Mostly  :-X.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

mick the master

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on October 12, 2010, 09:49:27 PM
IMO McNamee's the best referee in the county from the games I've seen him ref, pity the grading system's a disaster.

When a referee gets the player's respect, they'll respect the decisions. Mostly  :-X.
like donal o neill!no player would have messed with him!

Tommo2

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on October 12, 2010, 09:49:27 PM

Beefy is definitely up there with the best. Sean Quinn done a great job in the |County final last year. Was one of the best finals in years and he hardly put a foot wrong.

When Hughes is assessing the refs, it just shows the standard we are aspiring too. The blind leading the blind.

Wee Roddy

I see one of the papers yesterday had a piece stating that Ireland would have to line out with the services of Joe McMcMahon for the International Rules series as the Tyrone Final was on that day  ???

orangeman

Congratulations to Philip Jordan on another All Star award. His performances this year were magnificent.

Well deserved. Great player.

omagh_gael

Quote from: orangeman on October 13, 2010, 05:43:23 PM
Congratulations to Philip Jordan on another All Star award. His performances this year were magnificent.

Well deserved. Great player.

+1

A real rolls royce of a player, will be talked about for years to come.

UGAAWA

Ulster Gaels' big night out!

Tickets are now on sale for the 23rd Ulster GAA Writers' Association Banquet which will be held this year in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.

The Quinn Insurance Ulster GAA Writers Banquet is the only awards ceremony that honours players from all codes as well as grass-roots Gaels.

There is plenty to celebrate this year with Down's run to the All-Ireland SFC final, Tyrone lifting the minor title, Antrim's hurlers regaining their place amongst the sport's big guns, Armagh's rise up the hurling ranks, St Galls' march to All Ireland glory, the ladies of Tyrone and Donegal on the All Ireland stage, Paul Brady continuing to set the world handball benchmark and the Saffron camógs' All Ireland among the Ulster success stories.

As usual a star-studded guest list from all codes will celebrate all that is good in Gaelic games in the province in 2010. Tickets are priced £50 or €60 and are available by contacting Tony McGee at tony.mcgee@btinternet.com or visit www.ulstergaawriters.com for full details.

Accommodation in the Slieve Russell Hotel can be booked here: www.slieverussell.ie. Click here for a list of alternative accommodation in the area:  http://www.irishtourist.com/directory/accommodation/north/cavan/

Mr. Nakata

Jordan has been my favourite player for a number of years now. He is superb. In Omagh's championship game against the Moy I was expecting all Moy's county men to stand up and be counted. It was 15 against Jordan. Class act. I heard somewhere that he said he was going to do his bit for Tyrone, then give his club a good couple of years when he was still at his peak. Great for Moy gaels and a disaster for followers of the red hand . The thought of that really does depress me. I'd be hopeful we get another couple of years from him at number 7.

glencullrule

Who is the man in the middle in Pomeroy this Saturday? No pressure on anything.  :D

Rocky Mc Guigan

trileacman

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on October 14, 2010, 10:43:47 AM
Jordan has been my favourite player for a number of years now. He is superb. In Omagh's championship game against the Moy I was expecting all Moy's county men to stand up and be counted. It was 15 against Jordan. Class act. I heard somewhere that he said he was going to do his bit for Tyrone, then give his club a good couple of years when he was still at his peak. Great for Moy gaels and a disaster for followers of the red hand . The thought of that really does depress me. I'd be hopeful we get another couple of years from him at number 7.
We beat the Moy in a hard fought intermediate final in '08, he was the stand out player on the day, run hard all day and fought for everything. Never seen a man put so much to a cause and come out on the wrong side. The highest praise I can give him is he is a real hoor to play against, takes effort and determination to a level few players are willing to go to.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Puckoon

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 13, 2010, 04:31:27 PM
I see one of the papers yesterday had a piece stating that Ireland would have to line out with the services of Joe McMcMahon for the International Rules series as the Tyrone Final was on that day  ???

Quote from hoganstand being a little more accurate:

"The brothers will be involved in the Tyrone SFC final on the same weekend as the first Test at the Gaelic Grounds if their club Omagh St. Enda's should defeat Carrickmore in Saturday's semi-final replay. "

Dell

Heard a rumour both McMahons have to be happy with place on bench for Saturday, does anyone know if this is true, were they able to train this week? Some blow for Omagh if its true. I cant see O'Neill having same impact this week and rest of Omagh forwards didn't offer much. Hungrier Carmen to win by 4or 5
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

skeog