Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Quote from: Schkite on July 03, 2021, 05:14:06 PM
Routine win in the end but we looked like we were just going through the motions at some points. Gave Fermanagh a decent amount of chances, and a team with better scorers would have punished us. The period after the 2nd half water break really killed the game when we upped the gear and scored a few more points. Big improvement needed for the Armagh game.

Strong performances from Mulligan and Lavelle on their championship debuts, O'Connell and Boyle also impressive.

The win is marred a little by McManus's injury though, hopefully it's not as bad as it looks. Hughes didn't look as bad but hopefully it's not too bad either.

Or Antrim ... no complacency here!

macker15

Main Street

Quote from: macker15 on July 03, 2021, 10:53:51 PM
How bad is McManus injury?
I'd have thought Armagh fans' attention would be focused on their game v Antrim.
Should McManus return before or after the semi final game is of much less concern that it would have been a few years ago.
FWIW, eminent sports injury expert Oisin reckons he'll be back after 10 days.

Solo_run

Quote from: Main Street on July 04, 2021, 01:11:48 AM
I'd have thought Armagh fans' attention would be focused on their game v Antrim.
Should McManus return before or after the semi final game is of much less concern that it would have been a few years ago.

A bit touchy

macker15

Quote from: Main Street on July 04, 2021, 01:11:48 AM

I'm not from Armagh

Schkite

Remains to be seen on Conor's injury, hopefully not as bad as it looked. I did think Marty Clarke was going a bit OTT declaring him out for the year before he even left the pitch, they won't know til they get a proper look at it now.

dec

Any radio commentary available online for the Armagh Antrim game

Solo_run

Ultra high possession game from Antrim

yellowcard

Great, another referee who loves his whistle.

JoG2

Athletic Grounds is a great venue for football

omagh_gael

Mighty having the atmosphere back at football!!!

Schkite

Not at all the game I was expecting to be honest, doesn't look like Division 1 vs Division 4 based on this year. I'd still expect the greater experience of playing a higher level to kick in, and Armagh to push on in the second half. But Antrim doing well so far, trying to play a bit of football which is encouraging to see, as opposed to some of the other big underdogs we've seen so far this summer.

Nanderson

Has the referee made an error there? Marty Clarke said contact was outside the area but it can only be a penalty if a black card is given or am I wrong?

Schkite

Absolutely atrocious mistake there to give away a penalty, have to imagine Armagh will push on now with that lead.

Pity, as Antrim were giving them their fill and keeping in touch until that penalty.