A full house at Nowlan Park - for football?

Started by dec, November 11, 2015, 09:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/1111/741245-dublin-nowlan/

Dublin footballers will play their first championship match outside Croke Park since 2006 when they face either Laois or Wicklow in Kilkenny's Nowlan Park next summer. The decision to take the All-Ireland champions out of the capital for the Leinster Championship quarter-final was made at a meeting of the Leinster Council this evening. Laois and Wicklow meet in a Leinster first-round clash, with the winner awarded the dubious honour of facing Dublin, who will be seeking their sixth provincial title in a row.

Calls for the Dubs to forego what has been seen as their unfair home advantage at Croke Park have been growing in recent years. Earlier, GAA President Aogán Ó Fearghail echoed those calls when he said he believes it is "important" Dublin are taken out of Croke Park to spread the game and boost provincial venues across Leinster.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: dec on November 11, 2015, 09:34:41 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/1111/741245-dublin-nowlan/

Dublin footballers will play their first championship match outside Croke Park since 2006 when they face either Laois or Wicklow in Kilkenny's Nowlan Park next summer. The decision to take the All-Ireland champions out of the capital for the Leinster Championship quarter-final was made at a meeting of the Leinster Council this evening. Laois and Wicklow meet in a Leinster first-round clash, with the winner awarded the dubious honour of facing Dublin, who will be seeking their sixth provincial title in a row.

Calls for the Dubs to forego what has been seen as their unfair home advantage at Croke Park have been growing in recent years. Earlier, GAA President Aogán Ó Fearghail echoed those calls when he said he believes it is "important" Dublin are taken out of Croke Park to spread the game and boost provincial venues across Leinster.
If football ever needed to be spread, Kilkenny is the best choice to spread it!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Good to see. Strange that O'Moore Park was not the venue should Laois beat Wicklow?

laoislad

Yeah why not O'Moore Park if Laois win?
I don't mind as Nowlan Park is nearer to my home house but still why not Portlaoise?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

tippabu

I Moore park capacity downgraded on health and safety? It's 4th of June, Saturday 7pm throw in I think

laoislad

Quote from: tippabu on November 11, 2015, 09:59:40 PM
I Moore park capacity downgraded on health and safety? It's 4th of June, Saturday 7pm throw in I think
4th of June! Is that the bank holiday weekend which also means the same weekend as the Cats laugh!
Ha great craic so.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2015, 10:02:45 PM
4th of June! Is that the bank holiday weekend which also means the same weekend as the Cats laugh!
Ha great craic so.

Charge them Dublin hoors double for their pints, and them Cats will be laughing twice as hard!

twohands!!!

So now instead of Dublin having 100% of their championship games at home they will only have 95% of their championship games at home.

Hurrah for tokenism !!!

heffo

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2015, 10:13:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 11, 2015, 10:02:45 PM
Ha great craic so.

Charge them Dublin hoors double for their pints, and them Cats will be laughing twice as hard!

Pints? It'll be tins of Dutch gold on the street thanks very much

Rossfan

It's to do with seats.
Nowlan has over 17,000 of them while O'Moore has only 6,000.
The €€€€€s me buckos ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ashman

Kilkenny has lots of beds and is a party town too . 

LeoMc

This is only a trial. If sucessful they will play all QF's & SF's away.
They will be like the Harlem Globe Trotters going round giving exhibition matches and giving the regional economies a boost.

Canalman

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 11, 2015, 10:15:21 PM
So now instead of Dublin having 100% of their championship games at home they will only have 95% of their championship games at home.

Hurrah for tokenism !!!

Don't forget we have a hurling team also that plays alot outside of CP.

Anyhow, what is the next megawhinge for the mediamob to row in behind?

laoislad

PowerCity will do a roaring trade on satnavs the week before this..

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on November 12, 2015, 09:58:06 AM
PowerCity will do a roaring trade on satnavs the week before this..

It's the easiest thing in the world to find your way to Nowlan Park from Dublin once you are past Newlands Cro . . . oh. I see your point.