Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 19, 2021, 12:00:21 AM
Charles Grodin

Midnight Run is one of my favourite films of all-time. Excellent cast, and he was perfect opposite DeNiro.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: red hander on May 19, 2021, 03:26:11 AM
Charles Grodin

Superb. Good road movie hard to beat.

Midnight Run is one of my favourite films of all-time. Excellent cast, and he was perfect opposite DeNiro.

Armamike

Charles Grodin

Never get tired of watching it. Great fun.  Grodin was really good in that and a brilliant double act with De Niro.  Hard to believe he was 82 now.  I feel old.  Marv was good too  ;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

red hander

Quote from: Armamike on May 19, 2021, 10:51:31 AM
Charles Grodin

Never get tired of watching it. Great fun.  Grodin was really good in that and a brilliant double act with De Niro.  Hard to believe he was 82 now.  I feel old.  Marv was good too  ;D

John Ashton! Brilliant. Saw interview with him few months back. Very funny, humble guy who couldn't believe his luck with his roles. Dennis Farina too. "Is that moron number two? Put me on to moron number one!"  Some great lines in that show.

seafoid

Barney Curley

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/barney-curley-renowned-gambler-and-trainer-dies-aged-81-1.4573050
Born and brought up in Irvinestown in Co Fermanagh, Curley abandoned plans to be a priest in favour of becoming a professional gambler and came to public prominence over the Yellow Sam betting coup at Bellewstown races in 1975.

Curley masterminded a plot that revolved around a friend pretending to be on a prolonged phone call to a dying aunt from the sole call box at the racecourse.

It meant off-course bookmakers were prevented from cutting Yellow Sam's starting 'SP' and the Curley owned horse won at 20-1 despite being widely backed in betting shops .

Estimates of up to €2 million at today's rates were scooped in winnings.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

balladmaker

Quote from: seafoid on May 24, 2021, 07:10:33 AM
Barney Curley

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/barney-curley-renowned-gambler-and-trainer-dies-aged-81-1.4573050
Born and brought up in Irvinestown in Co Fermanagh, Curley abandoned plans to be a priest in favour of becoming a professional gambler and came to public prominence over the Yellow Sam betting coup at Bellewstown races in 1975.

Curley masterminded a plot that revolved around a friend pretending to be on a prolonged phone call to a dying aunt from the sole call box at the racecourse.

It meant off-course bookmakers were prevented from cutting Yellow Sam's starting 'SP' and the Curley owned horse won at 20-1 despite being widely backed in betting shops .

Estimates of up to €2 million at today's rates were scooped in winnings.

RIP Barney.  A great character and one of the decent fella's.

bennydorano

RIP Barney. Can still see him eating the chops of Matt Chapman or was it Lake Harvey on ATR.

maddog

Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2021, 01:35:15 PM
RIP Barney. Can still see him eating the chops of Matt Chapman or was it Lake Harvey on ATR.

Luke Harvey and McCririck

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gmac

Quote from: Orior on June 23, 2021, 09:30:31 PM
Anti-virus McAfee.
strange he said a few weeks ago if he dies in prison it will not be suicide , another Epstein ?

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on June 23, 2021, 09:47:36 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 23, 2021, 09:30:31 PM
Anti-virus McAfee.
strange he said a few weeks ago if he dies in prison it will not be suicide , another Epstein ?
I somehow doubt Trump had this lad murdered too

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'