Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on May 25, 2021, 12:09:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 12:00:07 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on May 25, 2021, 11:58:37 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 11:37:03 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 25, 2021, 11:35:12 AM
Can everyone please not respond to Angelo on this thread? He will then bugger off to another thread to wind people up.

There's already more mentions on Leyton Hewitt than Shane Lowry on the golf thread. We don't need this. Nobody needs this.

The sensitive McIlroy fanboys certainly don't want to hear about it anyway and are adamant they will censor reasonable debate and critiques of his overall ability.

No one is censoring anything, your debate is based upon irrationality rather than any understanding or golf or the facts.

That's nonsense. I deal in subtance, I have shown clearly the parallels with Hewitt, nobody has been able to disprove them because they can't.

What you will notice here is that when people lose the argument they default to attacking me.

We are back off down the same route as all your other conspiracy theory type fallacies. I'm off to hunt the invisible dragon.

That's an inane post because you can't tackle the argument.

Stick to argument, put some strong substantiated points behind your view - the issue is that there are none available to rebut the Hewitt and McIlroy career trajectory analogy.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Great, another thread ruined by fuckface.

smort

I use the ignore function. Its great

Louther

Quote from: lurganblue on May 25, 2021, 11:32:48 AM
No love lost between Koepka and Bryson by the looks of that video doing the rounds :)

Their Ryder cup team is going to be a bundle of laughs.

It's a savage clip. Wonder how it made light of day but Brooks didn't seem to object when told it be cut.

Is Bryson generally that unpopular? Had heard Koepka not been popular with US crowds as he was seen as someone who came through the European tour? Not sure how right that is.

Locker room be fun ;D ;D

trailer

Quote from: smort on May 25, 2021, 12:37:36 PM
I use the ignore function. Its great

So do I, but it's doesn't work when someone uses quotes

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on May 25, 2021, 12:34:38 PM
Great, another thread ruined by fuckface.

1. Personal abuse.
    Personal abuse is one of the most common problems on internet boards. Known sometimes as 'playing the man', whether foul language is used or not, this behaviour is
    not allowed.
    e.g. Calling someone a fat fool is the same as calling someone something more vulgar. This rule applies even in situations where another user has breached this, or
    another rule. Retaliation is still a breach of the rule.

When is the mod finally going to ban this guy?

His insults, not just to me, but other posters too are incessant. He is abusive across a whole number of threads and rarely contributes anything other than his snide, igorant and idiotic remarks.

It seems rules are only for some posters on here thouhg.

I had one poster wish death on me the other day and the moderators just deleted his post and let him continue posting on like he it never happened.

trailer

Quote from: Louther on May 25, 2021, 12:39:05 PM
No love lost between Koepka and Bryson by the looks of that video doing the rounds :)

It's a savage clip. Wonder how it made light of day but Brooks didn't seem to object when told it be cut.

Is Bryson generally that unpopular? Had heard Koepka not been popular with US crowds as he was seen as someone who came through the European tour? Not sure how right that is.

Locker room be fun ;D ;D

Absolutely savage and just another reason in a long long list why I love Brooks.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 12:11:22 PM
Can everyone please not respond to Angelo on this thread? He will then bugger off to another thread to wind people up.

There's already more mentions on Leyton Hewitt than Shane Lowry on the golf thread. We don't need this. Nobody needs this.

The sensitive McIlroy fanboys certainly don't want to hear about it anyway and are adamant they will censor reasonable debate and critiques of his overall ability.

No one is censoring anything, your debate is based upon irrationality rather than any understanding or golf or the facts.

That's nonsense. I deal in subtance, I have shown clearly the parallels with Hewitt, nobody has been able to disprove them because they can't.

What you will notice here is that when people lose the argument they default to attacking me.

We are back off down the same route as all your other conspiracy theory type fallacies. I'm off to hunt the invisible dragon.

Stick to argument, put some strong substantiated points behind your view - the issue is that there are none available to rebut the Hewitt and McIlroy career trajectory analogy.

It's a false equivalence hence why I'm off chasing the invisible dragon.

thebigfella

Quote from: trailer on May 25, 2021, 12:44:41 PM

Locker room be fun ;D ;D

Absolutely savage and just another reason in a long long list why I love Brooks.

Yeah agreed, I'm a big fan.

Although I like Bryson too despite some of he behaviour, he's very engaging in interviews too

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on May 25, 2021, 12:46:34 PM

It's not a false equivalence. The parallels are all there.

- Both burst on the scene in a weak era where the game had been dominated by a major figure/figures (Woods and Sampras)
- Both made hay in their formative years (Hewitt with two slams before 22, McIlroy with 4 majors before 25)
- Both were tipped to dominate the sport for years
- Both were then upstaged by an emerging generation when they should have been in their prime (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic -  Spieth, Koepka, Johnson)
- Both never won a major/slam again

That's all factual.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 12:50:04 PM

- Both burst on the scene in a weak era where the game had been dominated by a major figure/figures (Woods and Sampras)
- Both made hay in their formative years (Hewitt with two slams before 22, McIlroy with 4 majors before 25)
- Both were then upstaged by an emerging generation when they should have been in their prime (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic -  Spieth, Koepka, Johnson)

That's all factual.

How about the fact Leyton Hewitt is currently retired and McIlroy has another 15 years of a career to go? He literally just won a tournament a couple of weeks ago your argument is nonsense.

Koepka & Spieth haven't won a slam in ages too are they Leyton Hewitt also?

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on May 25, 2021, 12:53:46 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2021, 12:50:04 PM

That's all factual.

How about the fact Leyton Hewitt is currently retired and McIlroy has another 15 years of a career to go? He literally just won a tournament a couple of weeks ago your argument is nonsense.

Koepka & Spieth haven't won a slam in ages too are they Leyton Hewitt also?

Koepka and Spieth have actually won 7 majors collectively since McIlroy last won one.

trailer

Quote from: thebigfella on May 25, 2021, 12:48:51 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 25, 2021, 12:44:41 PM

Locker room be fun ;D ;D

Yeah agreed, I'm a big fan.

Although I like Bryson too despite some of he behaviour, he's very engaging in interviews too

This should be the next "Match" Bryson V Brooks I would pay a lot to watch that.

screenexile

But the last one was over 3 years ago so they're clearly finished!

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on May 25, 2021, 01:02:04 PM
But the last one was over 3 years ago so they're clearly finished!

Not really. I think they are more likely to add to their majors haul than McIlroy. They won their majors in a tougher era too.