Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

armaghniac

26 counties reached 2m shots delivered today.
They'll be able to crank up the pace further depending on the J&J and AZ age rules.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Got my first (Moderna) dose last week. Area around the injection was very sore for about 36 hours or so. Apart from that, I was good.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Louther

Roll out and impact it's shown here, UK and round the world shows how important it is.

Mind boggles that people still don't want to take it.

Eamonnca1

Got my Pfizer 2 the other day. Bit of an arm ache but nothing else. Had a slight sore head this morning but that probably wasn't related.

whitey

Just got my teenagers (U16) scheduled for their first shot on Saturday.

My wife an I got the J&J a months ago with no side effects

SIL had a bad reaction to her second shot of Pfizer

J70

I work for a large institution in NY. They're mandating everyone be vaccinated by Sept 1st. Only exceptions are religious and medical ones authorized by the state.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on May 14, 2021, 05:06:42 PM
I work for a large institution in NY. They're mandating everyone be vaccinated by Sept 1st. Only exceptions are religious and medical ones authorized by the state.

Religious ones are blx as any can decalre their relgon is anti vax. Love thy neighbour and all that. If your religon required you to be nudist would that be exempted also?
There will medical cases and it for these people's benefit that the rest of us have to jabbed.

BennyCake

I won't be forcefully jabbed then, me being a Jedi Knight and all.

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on May 14, 2021, 05:42:36 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 14, 2021, 05:06:42 PM

Religious ones are blx as any can decalre their relgon is anti vax. Love thy neighbour and all that. If your religon required you to be nudist would that be exempted also?
There will medical cases and it for these people's benefit that the rest of us have to jabbed.

At least with our HR, anyone pleading a religious exemption will have to prove their case is genuine.

Cuomo got rid of the religious exemption for skipping vaccinations of kids in schools and childcare facilities a couple of years ago (in response to measles rampaging through some Jewish sects, in particular). Apparently the appeals have failed so far.

https://reason.com/volokh/2021/03/19/n-y-court-upholds-repeal-of-religious-exemption-to-vaccination-requirement/

armaghniac

Almost 290,000 done in the last 7 days in the 26 counties, or more than 7% of the adult population. They can probably crank this up a bit more in June, so the summer will see people done and they can start doing the teenagers by September.

Jeepers Creepers

So UK govt saying one dose of a vaccination is only 33% effective against the Indian variant.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 23, 2021, 10:21:25 AM
So UK govt saying one dose of a vaccination is only 33% effective against the Indian variant.

Which dose, AZ or Phizer? I think they mentioned 2 doses will work better. I'd expect there'll be a rush to speed up the second dose
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 23, 2021, 11:50:45 AM

Which dose, AZ or Phizer? I think they mentioned 2 doses will work better. I'd expect there'll be a rush to speed up the second dose
Both, they also have said that 2 doses are "highly effective".

Jeepers Creepers

Double dose of phizer more effective than a double dose if Oxford Astrazenica. Both 33% effective after first dose (against Indian variant). Pfizer then 88% effective after 2 nd dose compared to 60% for oxford Astra. Most older people getting the Oxford AstraZeneca also a driver in Percentages.

Armagh18

in stopping you catching it i hope? What is the % against actually getting ill?