What do Celtic supporters hope happens to Rangers?

Started by deiseach, June 12, 2012, 02:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Given Rangers look certain to be liquidated, what do you hope happens next?

Let them back into the SPL somehow. Life won't be the same without the Old Firm matches
9 (14.3%)
They have to go to the bottom of the Scottish football pyramid. Maybe we'll seem them again in a few years
34 (54%)
Burn, baby, BURN! Their demise will represent our final triumph. I will not miss the Old Firm
20 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: June 17, 2012, 02:51:14 PM

deiseach

It looks like Rangers as we know it are toast. In an ideal Celtic world, what would you like to happen?

Bingo

I'd not be a Celtic fan as such but voted option 2.

I think its time football clubs faced up to the fact that they are now big business, as much as we don't like it, and that their actions have severe consequences for others. If Rangers are allowed to stay in SPL and carry on as before, it will set a very dangerous precedent.

It has a very strong base and no doubt in 3 years or whatever it will be back in SPL but any business that is liquidated has to start again, luckily for them they may be able to hold onto Ibrox and training centre and their massive fanbase. Other businesses that are liquidated don't have that luxury.

Evil Genius

Don't support Celtic, so haven't voted.

But as a supporter of neither OF team, I'd say the only proper outcome should be 2 i.e. Rangers Newco shouldn't be "burned", but neither should they be allowed to resume in the SPL as though nothing had really happened.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

dec

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18407309

"It will now try to buy the business and assets of Rangers for £5.5m. "

Andy Carroll cost Liverpool £35m. He is 6ft3. The whole of Rangers is worth less than 12 inches of Andy Carroll.

magpie seanie

Not a Celtic fan so didn't vote but here's my tuppence worth.

Personally think any business that fails and especially one that doesn't fulfil it's taxation obligations shouldn't be allowed to reform. They've effectively robbed from society as a whole.

If a supporters association wants to buy back Ibrox from the powers that be (on some type of mortgage/loan basis) and start up a club then good luck to them.

SambaSaffron

2. I'll miss the OF games, but they did the crime so have to do the time.

Gazzler

I hope Rangers burn.
I also hope the same thing happens to Celtic and we can then be rid of these two cancerous clubs and their supporters.

red hander

Quote from: Gazzler on June 12, 2012, 04:59:16 PM
I hope Rangers burn.
I also hope the same thing happens to Celtic and we can then be rid of these two cancerous clubs and their supporters.

Only an arsehole could compare the two

Dougal Maguire

Two questions:

Does this mean that the new club will not be able to have the 5 meaningless stars above their crest?

Does this constitute 'Walking Away'?
Careful now

Puckoon

Quote from: dec on June 12, 2012, 04:17:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18407309

"It will now try to buy the business and assets of Rangers for £5.5m. "

Andy Carroll cost Liverpool £35m. He is 6ft3. The whole of Rangers is worth less than 12 inches of Andy Carroll.

Which 12 inches?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Could do without both of them to be honest, but when it comes to bigotry, Rangers where Champions League material, Celtic more a championship quality bigots.

Rangers are tax cheats and cheats in general, good riddance. It probably be best if their decent fans bought Ibrox and form their own team, minus the knuckle draggers.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

EC Unique

They deserve little mercy and should have to start from the bottom. I am not a fan of Celtic or Rangers but the downfall of Rangers will weaken the SPL and ultimately Celtic as well. No big loss though.

ziggysego

Quote from: EC Unique on June 12, 2012, 05:57:06 PM
They deserve little mercy and should have to start from the bottom. I am not a fan of Celtic or Rangers but the downfall of Rangers will weaken the SPL and ultimately Celtic as well. No big loss though.

+1
Testing Accessibility

saffron sam2

Apply for possible admission to the Third Division as part of a process involving the likes of Spartans, Cove Rangers, Preston Athletic, Edinburgh City and Gala Fairydean who have all tried for entry in the past.

Sporting integrity over anything else.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet