The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Tonights relegation of Fulham leaves Liverpool with 3 games against teams with nothing to play for and a game against United. Leicester have to play United, Chelsea and Tottenham.

If we win the 4 games it could be enough for the champions league.

laoislad

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 10, 2021, 10:05:45 PM
Tonights relegation of Fulham leaves Liverpool with 3 games against teams with nothing to play for and a game against United. Leicester have to play United, Chelsea and Tottenham.

If we win the 4 games it could be enough for the champions league.
Stop doing this to yourself!
It's over, it ain't happening... roll on the Europa Conference League...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

They've shown little to suggest they can beat United or win the rest of the games. The weekend performance was very average, with little zip or fluency for most of it, and it looked like Southampton, who'd lost 9 of 10 away from home, could easily repeat Leeds and Newcastle's late equalizers. If Leicester f**k up more, they might crawl in, but I doubt it.

dec

Great effort from Manure, getting the result they wanted.

J70

Quote from: dec on May 11, 2021, 08:17:50 PM

Yeah, but Liverpool have no one to blame but themselves if they don't make it. They squandered plenty of ridiculous points, including against Leicester.

I just don't ever want to hear United fans on about the integrity of the game and all that bollocks.

I'm old enough to remember Ferguson pontificating and preaching about Liverpool putting in a proper effort against Blackburn on the last day of 94/95.

Milltown Row2

A marvellous effort by Liverpool that day against king Kennys Blackburn, but you are right, the season consists of 38 games, not the last game or the game before it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

I hope Liverpool trash United on Thursday. Lousy effort from United and Solskjaer tonight. I thought they would split the first choice players between the 2 games and try to win them both.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: J70 on May 11, 2021, 08:50:23 PM

Yeah, but Liverpool have no one to blame but themselves if they don't make it. They squandered plenty of ridiculous points, including against Leicester.

I just don't ever want to hear United fans on about the integrity of the game and all that bollocks.

I'm old enough to remember Ferguson pontificating and preaching about Liverpool putting in a proper effort against Blackburn on the last day of 94/95.

The schedule the Premier league gave United didn't say much for the integrity of its competition. Even three days between fixtures and United would have started a much stronger starting team against Leicester. Its not like a full strength Leicester blew United away tonight it was a game that could easily have finished in a draw.

gawa316

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 11, 2021, 09:19:24 PM

The schedule the Premier league gave United didn't say much for the integrity of its competition. Even three days between fixtures and United would have started a much stronger starting team against Leicester. Its not like a full strength Leicester blew United away tonight it was a game that could easily have finished in a draw.

With the game getting postponed due to the protest/riot, what were the other choices in regards to scheduling? I have not looked into this but just remember someone on here or the utd thread posting all the games and there wasn't an obvious date. Was there a better option than what they actually scheduled?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gawa316 on May 11, 2021, 09:22:53 PM

With the game getting postponed due to the protest/riot, what were the other choices in regards to scheduling? I have not looked into this but just remember someone on here or the utd thread posting all the games and there wasn't an obvious date. Was there a better option than what they actually scheduled?

As I said before one option was to bring West Brom v Liverpool forward to the 11th or 12th of May and Man United v Liverpool fixed for May 16th. The match tonight was originally scheduled for tomorrow night but brought forward so Leicester could have more time to prepare for the FA Cup final.

J70

No doubt, but it would have been interesting to see Solkjaer's decisions had the Liverpool game been in the middle.

Not complaining mind you. Liverpool can't point the finger anywhere but at themselves. And they're probably not going to win their own games anyway.

I expect Chelsea to put out a similar line-up next week against Leicester, unless results mean their own Champions League spot is not yet guaranteed.

trailer

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 11, 2021, 09:07:04 PM
I hope Liverpool trash United on Thursday. Lousy effort from United and Solskjaer tonight. I thought they would split the first choice players between the 2 games and try to win them both.

Things you love to see... This.

Dire Ear

Quote from: trailer on May 12, 2021, 09:51:23 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 11, 2021, 09:07:04 PM

Things you love to see... This.
Yip:  rioting,  wrecking, team selection integrity = best club in the world !! ;D ;D

5times5times

Didnt rafa do the exact same prior to a CL game mid 00's vs Chelsea?? Also, to use a "shouldnt throw stones" phrase, bit ironic a Pool fan giving off about damage? Madrid bus(es) come to mind????

Armagh18

Not Uniteds fault. Why or how would they play full strength 3 times in 5 days?