Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: usa07 on October 25, 2009, 08:46:29 PM
wat happened them two surly they will be ok for next sun?? two big misses if they werent!!

JP had an operation on his knee by all accounts and will struggle to get back for the Dromore game. McManus went off with a nasty looking arm injury, not sure of the full extent of it but didn't seem too good.

usa07

How do you think that game will go against Dromore??

Schkite

I would have been confident enough of our chances but that's two big men to be missing now. Hopefully we get a bit of good news in the next few days on the injuries but that's looking unlikely!

No way ref

If Mc Manus is missing dont bother turning up

usa07

any word on mc manus or jp mone for sun will be big misses if there not fit???

Schkite

McManus out for 8 weeks, JP also out. Very disappointing.

tyssam5

Quote from: Schkite on October 28, 2009, 01:09:45 PM
McManus out for 8 weeks, JP also out. Very disappointing.

Hmmmm, I suppose we will see on Sunday.

Schkite

http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=119697

That's the hoganstand preview of the game, the 2nd paragraph outlines McManus's injury. It's common knowledge at this stage.

timmyot501

Also in the standard that he accepts that he will be out for about 8 weeks. Huge loss to Clontibret.

MR99

Quote from: timmyot501 on October 29, 2009, 02:42:03 PM
Also in the standard that he accepts that he will be out for about 8 weeks. Huge loss to Clontibret.

Dont think Dromore will fall for that one.  Word in Tyrone is that McManus and Mone is playing and Dromore not going to be soft enough to fall for that bull.  Clontibret putting about that they are worried about Dromore being a dirty team, is there no mirrors in Clontibret?  Dromore didn't even get a yellow card in their final and only 2 in the semi again their arch rivals.  Play football and it will suit Dromore, get dirty and it will suit Clontibret.  Dont know if Dromore will be able to handle 'Dirty Dessie' and the boys!  :-\

Zapatista

Quote from: Schkite on October 28, 2009, 05:18:58 PM

That's the hoganstand preview of the game, the 2nd paragraph outlines McManus's injury. It's common knowledge at this stage.

Wouldn't worry to much about the Hoganstand preview.If their sources can't spell the names of the County men right and even make up names as they go along they aren't credible. Who's Ciaran Donnelly?

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on October 29, 2009, 06:35:50 PM
Dont think Dromore will fall for that one.  Word in Tyrone is that McManus and Mone is playing and Dromore not going to be soft enough to fall for that bull.  Clontibret putting about that they are worried about Dromore being a dirty team, is there no mirrors in Clontibret?  Dromore didn't even get a yellow card in their final and only 2 in the semi again their arch rivals.  Play football and it will suit Dromore, get dirty and it will suit Clontibret.  Dont know if Dromore will be able to handle 'Dirty Dessie' and the boys!  :-\

I've no reason to believe they are not hurt or atleast in a race against time. I honestly don't think it will have any mental affect on Dromore either way. This to'n and fro'n would only affect Clontibert.

Football will played. From what I've seen this year of Dromore they are very well disiplined. They have come through 6 of the closest and hardest fought championship games you likely to see with a good record. I  expect the Clontibert game to be no different

Schkite

Quote from: Zapatista on October 29, 2009, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: Schkite on October 28, 2009, 05:18:58 PM

Wouldn't worry to much about the Hoganstand preview.If their sources can't spell the names of the County men right and even make up names as they go along they aren't credible. Who's Ciaran Donnelly?

That would be the type of the Northern Standard alright, it wouldn't be the best. But as far as the Clontibret side of it goes, it's spot on to my knowledge.

Schkite

Quote from: MR99 on October 29, 2009, 06:35:50 PM
Quote from: timmyot501 on October 29, 2009, 02:42:03 PM

Absolute rubbish, Clontibret's disciplinary record in this year's championship has been exemplary. I can't recall too many yellow cards, nevermind red ones which weren't close to being shown in any match. Get dirty and it will suit Clontibret, do you even know anything about the team? Clontibret were always a team that, if anything, weren't "dirty" or cute enough in the big games, and play football the way it should be played. If you seen any of the games this year you'd know all this to be true. And you're talking about "Dirty Dessie"? Dromore's own centre back is hardly an angel, great player and all he is. Not saying Dromore are a dirty team or anything but to say Clontibret are is nonsense. Dessie may mess a bit at times but it's not like the team's like that. Even Dessie's on his best behaviour. Of course you need a bit of steeliness to win a championship, and I'm sure Dromore are no different in that regard from what I heard of them, playing hard but fair.

Don't think it will descend into a dirty game, it'll be a good game of football no doubt between two good footballing teams. Just a shame that one of the form forwards of the moment won't be able to take part, along with JP.

MR99

Absolute rubbish, Clontibret's disciplinary record in this year's championship has been exemplary. I can't recall too many yellow cards, nevermind red ones which weren't close to being shown in any match. Get dirty and it will suit Clontibret, do you even know anything about the team? Clontibret were always a team that, if anything, weren't "dirty" or cute enough in the big games, and play football the way it should be played. If you seen any of the games this year you'd know all this to be true. And you're talking about "Dirty Dessie"? Dromore's own centre back is hardly an angel, great player and all he is. Not saying Dromore are a dirty team or anything but to say Clontibret are is nonsense. Dessie may mess a bit at times but it's not like the team's like that. Even Dessie's on his best behaviour. Of course you need a bit of steeliness to win a championship, and I'm sure Dromore are no different in that regard from what I heard of them, playing hard but fair.

Don't think it will descend into a dirty game, it'll be a good game of football no doubt between two good footballing teams. Just a shame that one of the form forwards of the moment won't be able to take part, along with JP.
[/quote]

Dromore aren't complaining about a hard and fair game, they'll take the hits and give them fair, its the Clontibret management trying to make out that they have 'underhand tactics' and verbal intimidation and the nonsense about JP and McManus that really gets to Dromore.  I think Declan Brennan is making a big mistake put this bull about as it is only providing motivation for thr Tyrone boys.  Does he really believe that Dromore are going to plan their system based on McManus and JP not playing?  Does he think Jimmy White is going to fall for the 'poor Clontibret' theme?  I doubt it, it is really a sign of a weak manager making excuses before the game is played, he has a lot to learn.  Anyway, I am looking for to a tough and exciting game and hoping that Dromore can pull the shock of the round.