Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie linkbox

Just a bit of clarification on the Barry Cuddy situation we were discussing a couple of weeks ago on the Fermanagh game thread.

If he wasn't injured, he is now. There was a traffic accident on the N2 between Emyvale and Monaghan at Corracrin last Friday evening (3 cars and a lorry). Barry got caught up in it and broke his collarbone I understand. Didn't get any details on the seriousness of the crash but the lorry was still on its side blocking the road on Saturday morning when I was going to the creamery.

I'd imagine that's his county involvement over for the year (but that's of little importance in the greater scheme of things).

Schkite

Jesus that sounds brutal about Cuddy, thank god he didn't get injured any worse as we all know how easy that happens with road accidents. Best wishes to him in his recovery. Dissapointing for a young fella when he first breaks onto the county panel. Was anyone else badly injured in this?

As far as his lack of involvement during the McKenna cup, I've since heard that he wasn't injured but was on holidays during January which explains his absence.

timmyot501

Some results from the reserve leagues over the weekend

Res Div 3
Aghabog    1-04  0-10  A'mullen
Ballybay     3-05  0-05  Corduff
Emyvale     4-08  0-09  Seans
Scotstown 1-10  0-07  Truagh

Res Div 4
Emyvale     4-12  1-09  F O'Hanlon
Currin        1-03  1-10  C'Blayney
Oram         2-11  2-03  Rockcorry
Seans        1-10  0-09  Toome
Killanny      2-09  2-05  Harps

bingobus

Quote from: timmyot501 on February 23, 2009, 09:22:13 AM
Some results from the reserve leagues over the weekend

Res Div 3
Aghabog    1-04  0-10  A'mullen
Ballybay     3-05  0-05  Corduff
Emyvale     4-08  0-09  Seans
Scotstown 1-10  0-07  Truagh

Res Div 4
Emyvale     4-12  1-09  F O'Hanlon
Currin        1-03  1-10  C'Blayney
Oram         2-11  2-03  Rockcorry
Seans        1-10  0-09  Toome
Killanny      2-09  2-05  Harps

That would be the stand out result from weekend. The Blayney Management team really is something and should be noted for future top jobs  ;)  ;D

thebandit

Does anyone have a fixture plan for Senior fixtures?

donelli

most likely the county p.r.o.......
so i'd say it will be a closely guarded secret!!!!

timmyot501

Are all county players available for their clubs for the opening round of league games this weekend??

bingobus

Quote from: timmyot501 on April 03, 2009, 12:01:55 PM
Are all county players available for their clubs for the opening round of league games this weekend??

Yes, its not a star game.

I wonder will there be any "injuries" though.

Schkite

Quote from: bingobus on April 03, 2009, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: timmyot501 on April 03, 2009, 12:01:55 PM

Yes, its not a star game.

I wonder will there be any "injuries" though.

JP missing for us today, just as well as he's only back fit.

Didn't matter much though, easy enough win against the fellow parishioners. Couple of soft goals put a bit more of a respectable look on the scoreboard.

Superstar

Sorry to hijack youre thread lads, but here goes:

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

Many thanks, i hope we can look forward to youre support.
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

longball

Where is the training pitch in scotstown?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

thebandit

soldier of destiny

Quote from: longball on April 22, 2009, 04:01:39 PM
Where is the training pitch in scotstown?

It's on the road from Ballinode to Scotstown on the right hand side can't miss it.  It's a training ground by the way  ;).

sammymaguire

there's a BIG O'Neill's ball right next to the road
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Dannymcfella

Hi there folks,

With the championship just around the corner, from now on in you will see various fantasy football competitions springing up, myself and a few other memebrs of our club have taken it upon ourselves to run a competition of our own as a fundraiser. Hopefully we will get alot of interest in it, weve kept the entry fee reasonably low, its a pretty straight forward competition, all the rules, scoring chart, and player lists ect can be found on our website, so why not have a nosey at it. I hope when you are deciding upon which of the competitions available to enter you will give us a thought, we may not have a flashy website with all the graphics, but in entering this competition, you will be supporting one of youre very own clubs. If you have any queries about the competition you can email me at clannnabanna@hotmail.co.uk

To view the competition just log on to clannnabanna.down.gaa.ie and click on the competitions link

PM me any queries