Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 06, 2023, 12:24:51 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 06, 2023, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2023, 12:12:27 PM
Liverpool and United about to get a bagful of titles between them.
Why Liverpool?

They've finished 2nd so many times behind City that's why?
Oh is there talk of titles being stripped off them??
I read that post as meaning winning future ones, apologies!

trailer

Has there ever been a team properly sanctioned on FFP rules? Chelsea? Were they banned from signing players? Apart from that I can't think of any team facing any meaningful sanctions. Didn't City even get the UEFA sanctions overturned against them?

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on February 06, 2023, 12:46:15 PM
Has there ever been a team properly sanctioned on FFP rules? Chelsea? Were they banned from signing players? Apart from that I can't think of any team facing any meaningful sanctions. Didn't City even get the UEFA sanctions overturned against them?

They had their fine reduced to 10m and had the European ban lifted as the offences were years ago.
Can't use that argument this time as there is no time limit to PL offences!

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 06, 2023, 12:39:48 PM
Why Liverpool?

Even at that you only managed to question Liverpool winning future titles here and not United?😂

Mourne Red

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 06, 2023, 12:34:27 PM
Think I read its 09-18, so its 1 I think. 2019 and 2022 outside the scope of the allegations.

I'll take it!

They didn't cooperate with the investigation for years 2018 -2022 so there's scope they could be looked at also

Armagh18

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 06, 2023, 01:16:25 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 06, 2023, 12:39:48 PM
Why Liverpool?

Even at that you only managed to question Liverpool winning future titles here and not United?😂
Liverpool are done, United are on the rise ;)

Captain Obvious

Manchester City are cheating bastards who would have guessed?? Likelihood of them getting stripped of their titles is slim as they'll buy that out..

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 06, 2023, 02:07:44 PM
Manchester City are cheating bastards who would have guessed?? Likelihood of them getting stripped of their titles is slim as they'll buy that out..
And yet it didn't seem to bother almost every Man United fan that City were/are cheating bastards as most of them wanted them to beat Liverpool in the Premier League title races the last few seasons.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Taylor

It will be a fine and nothing more.

City are not alone here either

rodney trotter

NAG1

Just look a Juve and the mess unfolding there about the pricing of players and this being agreed between clubs to boost the value of clubs etc

It's a house of cards the whole lot.

Mourne Red

Quote from: NAG1 on February 06, 2023, 02:38:15 PM
Just look a Juve and the mess unfolding there about the pricing of players and this being agreed between clubs to boost the value of clubs etc

It's a house of cards the whole lot.

City have done a few deals with Juventus too.. One stands out is that Danilo for Cancelo deal, always seemed fishy from the off. Barca are in line for being looked at next as it's well known the Arthur/Panjic deal was crooked too

Captain Obvious

Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2023, 02:15:14 PM
And yet it didn't seem to bother almost every Man United fan that City were/are cheating bastards as most of them wanted them to beat Liverpool in the Premier League title races the last few seasons.

Liverpool and Manchester United is an actual rivalry with history and tradition, supporters want the most success for who they follow and none for the rival. Manchester City are soulless club that few care about, media then trying to build up fake rivals. True form would be struggling to be a Premier league club and i doubt if Pep Guardiola even knew much about Manchester City when he was managing Barcelona.

seafoid

Interesting that Man Utd's run ended around the same time that Tottenham found their mojo again. Top 4 will probably go to the last day.
Newcastle will also get a dose of the yips at some stage

snoopdog

Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2023, 02:15:14 PM
As would liverpool fans had it been other way around. Its called rivalry.