The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

While I'd love  agree with a reduction in senior numbers i have to disagree with some other points. With regards to sigerson there are at least 4 lads currently  in on the senior panel of college age who would be good enough for sigerson but have opted for trades or jobs.  Perhaps theres more its just what lads are choosing. The physical point is debatable as the squad is very well balanced size wise and theres an S+C pathway in place now for players who have been identified  from underage squads with potential for senior . Financially the Co  is good and from what I have seen theyre not being tight with teams. Senior footballers and hurlers have everything they could possibly need. Dont forget that the COE is a massive bonus to have too. Its going to take a bit of time but the current administration is still in its first year and already big changes are happening. Just my opinion. Things not great but not as bad as some think either. Realistically we're probably a mid tier county in football and upper to mid tier hurling  county with a good team coming through every few years

High Fielder

An optimistic post JD and we need a bit of that. I probably disagree with pretty much everything you wrote, but I hope you're proved right

Butch Cassidy

How many clubs have GPO now? Are more planned in 2023 does anyone know?

clonadmad

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on December 05, 2022, 02:37:57 PM

Any club that put in for a GPO or partial GPO access got one,I can't remember the exact number of clubs but it's around 10

The other 37/38 clubs in the county either don't have the financial wherewithal,prioritise paying senior managers over juvenile development or think their juvenile coach's and structures are up to scratch.

Dave like the tv channel

All money needs to be removed from the Dubs now. I see their money is being cut and C**tello is already out crying the poor mouth.

They've been financially doped for 19 years now and their money should be removed in total and distributed amongst the 10 smallest counties. This could be used to offer a deeper discount to those 10 counties, allowing clubs easier access to GPOs.

The gap between the top & bottom has to be closer than it is.

Re Laois football, if we were sending our 9th team into Leinster intermediate instead of our 17th and our 17th into the Junior, instead of our 25th (or lower).....we'd start making waves in those competitions.

Butch Cassidy

Tom Hargreaves appointment is a very good and important one. Does anyone know if he will have an input into all teams in both codes?

Robbo

Quote from: clonadmad on December 05, 2022, 06:50:33 PM
Quote from: Butch Cassidy on December 05, 2022, 02:37:57 PM

Any club that put in for a GPO or partial GPO access got one,I can't remember the exact number of clubs but it's around 10

The other 37/38 clubs in the county either don't have the financial wherewithal,prioritise paying senior managers over juvenile development or think their juvenile coach's and structures are up to scratch.

casteltowm def applied and im nearly sure ballacolla and ballinakill had applied too. Think abbeleux too actually, maybe with colt.

Im nearly sure it was said at a meting or maybe here that more hurling clubs had applied than football.

georgedoylesrightleg

few open positions there for a lad who wanted to make a diffrence.

High Fielder

No making a difference in there. Closed shop.

georgedoylesrightleg

no closed shop. no one for coaching officer. get your club to put yuou forward. be the diffrence.

High Fielder

No Coaching Officer. No female representation. No real changes in personnel. You'd have to worry about a set up like that in this day and age. Fair play for coming out and defending that. I expected you would though.

georgedoylesrightleg

no one defnding it. just wonderin why you wont help. get in there. make a diffrnece.

High Fielder

georgedoylesrightleg

i'm out of the country. i'd love to help out if i could. great chnce there for someone thuogh.