Radio OBW

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, May 25, 2013, 11:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Thought some of the acts at radio 1 big weekend were excellent, but I don't think I can take the Derry/Londonderry description anymore. Such a mouthful.

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 25, 2013, 11:19:07 PM
Thought some of the acts at radio 1 big weekend were excellent, but I don't think I can take the Derry/Londonderry description anymore. Such a mouthful.

They should just stick to 'Derry' then.

Tony Baloney

Same here. f**king Joe McMahon came out with it in an ad for Lesser Spotted Ulster last night. It is ridiculous. Londonderry it is  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 26, 2013, 12:23:27 AM
Same here. f**king Joe McMahon came out with it in an ad for Lesser Spotted Ulster last night. It is ridiculous. Londonderry it is  ;D

aye well one or the other, I will tell you this though ,I am derry born and bred and I have never to this day heard anyone call it Londonderry in everyday conversations, and that includes all the Protestants I have worked with. Now that might change when they are in different company or environment.

BennyCake

The name 'Derry' appears on their Orange arches, and it's the 'Apprentice Boys of Derry'.

What the feck's that all about?? Make up your feckin' minds, one way or the other!